Tattoos
Last Post 27 May 2012 08:31 AM by Jandrews127. 8 Replies.
Author Messages
west_franklin

--
15 Apr 2012 09:46 PM
    Anyone else with tattoos? I have a half sleeve, and I know I will stand out. Do CC's ever pick on tattooed recruits? I've heard most times it is best to just lay low, but I feel like the ink in my skin will get me noticed.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Browns24

--
    16 Apr 2012 05:19 AM
    You're not going to be the only person with tattoos. If you have something strange, like the A princess with a beard on you, well then you may catch some slack from it..... Everyone will get attention from the CC's no matter what you do and do not have.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    MasterGuns2077

--
    16 Apr 2012 10:17 AM
    No one in my company with tattoos (myself included) got any extra attention. Of course none of us had anything crazy.
    Your passion for what you do will set you free.
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    16 Apr 2012 10:29 AM
    http://www.uscg.org/Forum/aft/4281.aspx

If interested a tattoo thread for sharing your tattoos
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    sandeky5

--
    19 Apr 2012 05:28 AM
    Actually, don't be surprised if a CC stops you and tells you to pull your sleeve up so he or she can see the tattoo, and they'll probably give you crap about it, but don't worry too much. They're not gonna revert you for a tattoo or anything, but you still may get picked on here or there if it isn't too appropriate. Almost every CC has tattoos lol
    Meggles4008

--
    26 Apr 2012 11:36 AM
    When you go to your swim workouts most peoples tats will show up. Almost everyone in my company had tattoos. You will most likely get picked on but usually their comments for tats are humorous, so dont be too nervous about it. Everyone in the company will get picked on at some point, even the better recruits. Dont let them picking on you get to you, its all apart of the mind games
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CaptNick

--
    26 Apr 2012 12:58 PM
    As long as you don't have anything Coast Guard related tattooed, you will be fine. For example, if you show up with a "Semper Paratus" tattoo, I GUARANTEE you will will pay for it dearly...
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ojrivera

--
    28 Apr 2012 07:15 AM
    In reference to what CaptNick said, PLEASE don't show up with any anchors, you will def eat crow for that, also when I was in BC we had a guy who had some very interesting tattoos, and he would just get poked fun at, but most CC's have interesting tattoos of their own so they are just looking to poke some humor in between the stressful days.
    Jandrews127

--
    27 May 2012 08:31 AM
    They dont care what you have. Chances are they will have some too

---
    Active Forums 4.3