How is the outlook?
Last Post 01 Feb 2016 05:37 PM by Bleem. 5 Replies.
Author Messages
Exotiva

--
23 Jan 2016 03:29 PM
    Basically, I was on Here months ago because I was seriously considering enlisting in the USCG. I was having preliminary talks with a recruiter, and then all of a sudden the contact just stopped.  I emailed, called and got nowhere. 

Now I understand that maybe I wasn't the best candidate at the time. Do you think I should reapply? I've gotten into better shape, I had my foreign degree accredited, I have been training for months and the USCGis really where I want to be. 

Should I try to reapply or are the recruiters working with such a small allowance of new recruits that its a waste of time? 

Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    23 Jan 2016 05:43 PM
    I'm not sure why you would think it's a waste of time. If enlisting is something you want to do, then do it
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    Trusted Member / Recruiter
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    thestormiscoming

--
    24 Jan 2016 11:31 AM
    The active duty enlisted mission for FY16 went up from 3,500 to 4,000 in December. Now is a great time to join with 5 ratings being critical with enlistment bonuses and guaranteed A schools.  To give you some perspective, the same mission in FY13 was 1,500 with no bonuses.
    HopefulGuy

--
    27 Jan 2016 05:04 AM
    I've been in the process for 2.5 years even when things got better in terms of recruiting slots. It was a everything that could go wrong went wrong but I stuck it out and always called my recruiter back. I go to boot in two months. I'm even going enlisted rather than commissioned because I simply want to be in so bad I rather apply later. I just want it. Bad. Don't lose hope so easily.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    27 Jan 2016 10:29 AM
    If you have the ASVAB scores and meet all the qualifications and go for it.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Bleem

--
    01 Feb 2016 05:37 PM
    It took me almost 4 years, multiple recruiters, and an age waiver to finally get in. If you want in, keep trying.
    USCG STA New York, Staten Island

---
    Active Forums 4.3