Fake tooth going into boot?
Last Post 01 Oct 2017 01:08 PM by m1ashooter. 3 Replies.
Author Messages Not Resolved
CyberDruglord

--
01 Oct 2017 08:19 AM

Hello all, I have already passed MEPS and DEPed in. I'm worried about my tooth when I go to boot though.

I knocked out one of my front teeth when I was younger and now I have a temporary implant (its held in by dental cement and a wire on the backside of my front 4 teeth). The tooth looks real to the average person. I can eat just like everyone else. (with the exception of biting into apples).

Is this something that will get me sent home from Cape May? I can't seem to find much information about it online.

Thanks

Ryucrat

--
    01 Oct 2017 10:29 AM
    I'm not 100% sure, but I DO know that if it doesn't affect your duty there will be little to no worry about it. If you do happen to have a problem, you can always report to medical and tell them your tooth came out and they'll send you to a dental surgeon to get it back in. I just got my braces off a few months ago and I have a permanent wire fixture on the bottom from canine to canine and a wire just on my two front teeth and my recruiter, nor the yeoman at MEPS said anything about it. I think you'll be good to go.
    "The Road goes ever on and on, down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, and I must follow if I can.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    01 Oct 2017 12:28 PM
    Did you disclose it? That shouldn't be a problem.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    01 Oct 2017 01:08 PM
    If you got through MEPS you should be good to go I would think.  This should help,

https://www.thebalance.com/military-medical-standards-for-enlistment-and-appointment-3353998

---
    Active Forums 4.3