"What to Bring" Recruiter says "Everything"?
Last Post 28 Oct 2017 08:05 AM by m1ashooter. 2 Replies.
Author Messages Resolved
Justinlc91

--
27 Oct 2017 03:50 PM
    Hi, 

Ship date is the 31st.

Last Thursday I told my recruiter that when I head to MEPS to ship I only planned to take my wallet, ID, SSC, $50, Helmsman and a duffel bag to store my clothing. He said this was fine. I contacted him today to confirm all of that again and he told me not to show up to MEPS with nothing on the 'What to Bring' list I will probably be put on "regiment hold" (I don't know what regiment hold is) if I do. The Helmsman says if I bring nothing I will be able to purchase the items when I arrive.  

I trust my recruiter but he's been wrong before and I'm low on time and money so I need to know which way is up. What items would you recommend a recruit bring for a late fall/early winter BT and if I bring none of these items where/how do I purchase them??

Thanks!

Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    27 Oct 2017 07:53 PM
    I would bring what it says to bring. It seems fairly simple to me. The US Coast Guard has printed a book for all recruits telling you how to be successful. Follow the book.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    28 Oct 2017 08:05 AM
    Follow the book list, bring a few more bucks, make sure you can ID your bag so you can grab it quickly. My son used colored duck tape.

---
    Active Forums 4.3