Brutal Winter we're having.
Last Post 22 Jan 2018 08:52 AM by Old Guard2. 3 Replies.
Author Messages
Saccadon

--
18 Jan 2018 04:04 PM
    It's snowed twice here in the past two weeks. To any Northerners on the forum, you may be confused as to why that means anything. Well, where I live we usually only get snow once every 10 years. The last time it snowed was in 2010. Scientists are saying that 'Climate Change' now means colder winters and warmer summers, but at this point I think they're just changing it whenever something doesn't make sense.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    19 Jan 2018 07:33 AM
    I'm loving it!! I hate summer. All this bitter cold, snow, wind, just up my alley. I'm sleeping with 2 windows open, fans on, a light sheet over me and I actually sleep and rest. LALALALALALALALALALOVE winter. I know, I'm strange but give me cold over hot any day of the week!!!!!

Stay safe. I know there are quite a few deaths in the south for this winter and the extreme cold, ice and snow. So just watch yourself and check on neighbors.

In the South... Stay off roads if at all possible, school canceled, flights delayed, mayhem at the grocery stores.
    In the North... You'll need your big coat.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Saccadon

--
    19 Jan 2018 04:15 PM
    Completely agree on cold being preferable to hot, though it seems like I'm the only one in my family who believes that. I follow the logic that 'if you're too cold, you can always just put on more clothes. If you're too hot, you can only take so much off before you're charged with indecent exposure.'

Thing is though we get too cold pretty fast. We Southerners just weren't built for this kind of thing, four hundred years of putting up with constant humidity and heat will do that to you eventually.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    22 Jan 2018 08:52 AM
    I've lived in Louisiana, Texas, Alaska, Wisconsin and a whole host of other states. Louisiana was brutal but I was 25. Texas was terrific, the hot summers were hot but everything was air conditioned to the point of needing a jacket, ahhhh. Wisconsin wasn't bad but they kept the heat on in everything! ACK! One summer our ac went out in my office building. They had us working by the light of our computer monitors alone and gave out those cold wraps for our necks. It was so hot in the building several people actually passed out. You would be surprised how damn hot Wisconsin can get in the summer! Who knew! Now I'm back in Jersey, my home state. It is back to warm and humid and I'm sleeping with the air on again. LOL Like I said, I hate heat! LOL
    Sector NY, Staten Island

---
    Active Forums 4.3