What the oath of enlistment should be
Last Post 08 May 2012 08:17 AM by cazpociux. 4 Replies.
Author Messages
scarswell

--
06 Aug 2011 02:29 PM
    I swear to sign away 4 years of my life to the UNITED STATES COAST GUARD.I understand that at least twice a day, someone will refer to me a member of the Navy, and when I correct them, they will question my military status. I will work on boats the size of kayaks and small yachts during the worst of natures storms, and recieve no thanks or notice from the public. I will fly in helos into the eye of the storm to rescue people dumber then rocks, and then be heckled by the same people when I bust them for transporting drugs two months later.! I will prevent thousands of gallons of pollution, but be accused of impeding the economy when I won't allow vessels to pour oil into the ocean. I will be the red-headed step child to all of the other services, although I know I got the better deal. All of my equipment will be discarded Navy property. I will attend training that will give me a great competitive edge in the career field of my choice, making retention efforts of the Coast Guard pointless. I will come in contact with so many pollutants during my tenure, I will glow in the dark for the rest of my natural life and refer to myself as "salty" because of it. SO HELP M E GOD.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ojrivera

--
    19 Aug 2011 08:43 AM
    Haha
    potassium

--
    01 Oct 2011 11:17 PM
    Haha! I like it.
    miah101

--
    25 Mar 2012 03:16 PM
    ha i love it! i just swore into DEP and that is what i should have said.
    cazpociux

--
    08 May 2012 08:17 AM
    hahaha i like it

---
    Active Forums 4.3