MEPS Medical Exam Required to Enlist? Recruiter put "NO"?
Last Post 01 Nov 2016 04:13 PM by AirDale13. 5 Replies.
Author Messages
DillonHinson

--
30 Oct 2016 09:24 PM
    Hi everyone,

I had a question regarding USMEPCOM Form 680-3A-E. This is the form you bring to MEPS. I was looking over it the other day, and I noticed that under section 20 - "Medical" - my recruiter put NO for the question "MEPS Medical Exam Required to Enlist?". What does that mean, and was that a mistake my recruiter made? It should be noted that my recruiter gave my two Form 680's, and he said only bring the second one, but the first form has YES for the same exact question. Why would one form say YES and the other NO?

Of course I am going to call my recruiter first thing tomorrow morning and find out, but I'd like also corroborate things on here if I can.

I can't imagine MEPS not giving me a medical exam to enlist...

Finally, one last question. I was scheduled for MEPS, but then had an injury that required stitches, and now my MEPS date is pushed back a week. My recruiter faxed over these additional medical documents to MEPS, but I was wondering if I need to fill out a new Medical Questionnaire form and send it to them? MEPS has been informed of my injury, but will there be any issue with this recent injury not being on the questionnaire?

Thanks!!
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    31 Oct 2016 07:30 PM
    That was a mistake your recruiter made; it should be checked yes.
    DillonHinson

--
    01 Nov 2016 12:25 PM
    Thank you AirDale13 for your reply. I have contacted my recruiter and informed him of the issue, and he apologized for the mistake and said I could stop by on the way to MEPS and pick up a new form 680. Can we confirm that this is okay, and not something that needs to be faxed over to MEPS before I go there? I am not willing to risk anything because "MEPS didn't catch it the first time".

Thanks!
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    01 Nov 2016 01:21 PM
    Yes you can do that. Your recruiter would have or should fax the corrected form to MEPS prior.
    DillonHinson

--
    01 Nov 2016 01:57 PM
    Posted By AirDale13 on 01 Nov 2016 02:21 PM
    Yes you can do that. Your recruiter would have or should fax the corrected form to MEPS prior.

So the recruiter can fax the corrected form over to MEPS the day I go to MEPS? He said I would literally pick up the corrected form an hour or so before I arrive at MEPS.
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    01 Nov 2016 04:13 PM
    Its a fax. He can send it a few days earlier to schedule you. You can pick up the original he used for the fax right before you show up.

---
    Active Forums 4.3