DUI
Last Post 17 Apr 2017 09:10 AM by CPORJM. 3 Replies.
Author Messages
lexie543

--
16 Apr 2017 12:34 AM
    Is a DUI 4 years ago a disqualifier? I was never in any trouble before that and not since. It was not a felony and was supposed to be expunged but after running my background check it is still on there. Thanks
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    16 Apr 2017 01:21 PM
    Not a for sure disqualifier, but be prepared to hear "thanks, but no thanks." It's really going to be up to your recruiter. Alcohol abuse is a big issue in the CG , and military as a whole right now. As far as expungement, there is no such animal when it comes to background checks or security clearances.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    lexie543

--
    16 Apr 2017 11:40 PM
    Thanks for your response. I was just going on what the lawyer told me as far as expungement . So I am guessing probably no as far as getting in right now?
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    17 Apr 2017 09:10 AM
    Posted By lexie543 on 16 Apr 2017 11:40 PM
    Thanks for your response. I was just going on what the lawyer told me as far as expungement . So I am guessing probably no as far as getting in right now?

You still lose nothing by contacting a recruiter. The final call is theirs.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift

---
    Active Forums 4.3