Future Coastie
Last Post 25 Dec 2015 07:30 AM by m1ashooter. 2 Replies.
Author Messages
RhodyMike

--
24 Dec 2015 12:46 PM
    Hello All, After months of following and reading practically every post on this forum, I have made an account because I finally recieved the great news that everything is in motion for me to join the USCG. I begain my process in early June2015 and recently recieved my swearing in date for early january2016 and will be shipping for bootcamp on March 15th. I just graduated college this December2015, with a bachelors in criminal justice and a minor in psychology. I received an 80 on the AFQT and was told that I qualify for every rate. I am very interested in becoming an ME or a GM and I figured after bootcamp and once I get a hand on things and become more knowledgeable about the CG then I will most likely make up my mind on what rate I would like to go for. My ultimate goal is to apply for OCS, I am aware that it is very competitive, which is why I decided to enlist first and if I end up staying in longer than my initial contract then I will seek to become an officer. But first things first, I am looking forward to bootcamp and experiencing this new journey of my life.

Greatful that things worked out like they have because now I have almost three months to study my Helmsman and to really train and push myself physically so that the PT test wont be an issue. Looking forward to responding and asking questions, especially with bootcamp coming up I will most likely have a few questions. 
    Thanks in an advance,
    RhodyMike

Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    24 Dec 2015 10:32 PM
    Welcome aboard and congratulations. Sounds like you are on a good track for a great career. Let us know if we can help in any way.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    25 Dec 2015 07:30 AM
    Congratulations to you.

---
    Active Forums 4.3