New member checking intion
Last Post 01 Oct 2019 06:22 AM by Old Guard2. 2 Replies.
Author Messages
Coasty91

--
30 Sep 2019 06:13 PM
    Hello all,
    Just found this forum while googling . My name is Jack Geck or Coasty91. I joined the USCG in 1967 and spent 10 great years as an Aviation Machinist Mate(AD)then 14 years  in Merchant Marine Safety. Loved it all. Assignments as follows:
    Boot camp in Alameda
    AD school USN NATC Memphis TN
    USCG Airstation San Francisco 1968 -1973
    USCG Airstation Barbers Point 1973-1977
    USCG RTC Yortown OCS 1977
    USCG Marine Inspection Office LA/LB 1978-1983
    USCG Marine Safety Office San Juan PR 1983-1987
    USCG Marine Safety Office San Francisco 1987-1991
    I worked for California Department of Fish and Game, Office of Spill Prevention and Response  and did a 2 year assignment with the Governors office of Homeland Security. then I worked for FEMA for 6 years and spent 2 years on the National Response Team. Currently serving in the California State Guard as a Liaison Officer to the Office of Emergency Services. (Wearing an Army uniform now). In my spare time, I prospect for gold in the Sierra Mountains with a metal detector and write articles for the California Mining Journal.
    My father was in the Coast Guard and did over 30 years,so I spent my youth moving with his assignments. I went to 23 different schools before graduating from high school and would not trade it for annything.
    I'm still working on my college degree and who knows someday I might even finish that.
    Jack

Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    30 Sep 2019 07:34 PM
    Welcome aboard! Cheers!
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    01 Oct 2019 06:22 AM
    Welcome aboard! My ex was in the M field for 95% of his career. He loved it. He now owns a tugboat company in Houston. Love to see others that were at Marine Safety Offices!
    Sector NY, Staten Island

---
    Active Forums 4.3