Posted By Rangergonebad on 03 Jun 2020 12:28 AM
It has definitely been a process.... I am still active and in my re-up window. I started reaching out to the USCG when window first opened in October. At the same time looking at options the Army would throw at me.... which was basically Money or change MOS, which is not an option. So may as well check out being a Coastie! Anyways, then Holidays came around and next thing you know its February! Now the Re-up NCO has their options of XXX dollars for YYY years, As a Ranger Duty Stations are either GA or in WA (eww).... So yeah, time to look at other options.... Now comes March, and trying to get solid answers and momentum has been slim to none. While I do understand the cause to the delays and all, Re-Up window is still ticking. So trying to line up DEPOT to right after I ETS from the Green Weenie.
Just food for thought, and you might already be aware of this. You want to line it up such that you ETS from the Army one day and swear into the CG the next. You want to avoid a break in service, if at all possible. This can muck things up should you decide to make a career out of the CG