CG Helo crashes in Mobile Bay
Last Post 01 Mar 2012 01:37 PM by Old Guard2. 4 Replies.
Author Messages
Trusted Member
E

--
28 Feb 2012 08:56 PM
    http://www.wlox.com/story/17041296/...mobile-bay

POINT CLEAR, AL (WLOX) -

The search is on tonight for three missing people after a Coast Guard helicopter crashed into the waters of Mobile Bay. It happened Tuesday around 8:30pm. The chopper was from the Coast Guard Aviation Training Center in Mobile. 

Four people were on board when the helicopter went down around Point Clear, AL. One person was rescued, but that victim's condition is not known at this time. 

It's also unclear what caused the accident. Right now, crews are focused on finding the three remaining crash victims.  Rescue boats and vehicles are coming from across the coast to help. 

Copyright 2012 WLOX. All rights reserved.

Make sure to say a prayer for them. 

Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    28 Feb 2012 09:15 PM
    Praying now. God speed to the crew.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    29 Feb 2012 01:10 AM
    My thoughts and prayers to them and their families. I hope our brothers and sisters come home.  E, I know this must be a bit more close to home for you.

I say my own special prayer for the OS who had their guard.  I know that there will be no sleep for them, only doubts in if they did their job the best they could.
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    29 Feb 2012 06:03 AM
    The Coast Guardsman they brought ashore has passed away. My prayers are with his family and the rest of the crew. I pray they find the 3 missing alive and alright.

I am going to take this opportunity to remind everyone of OPSEC. The fact we lost a Coastie has been reported in the news, his/her name has not yet been released. There was just recently a young bride found out her husband was killed in action through a text message from a friend. Please, prayers all around but absolutely no names until the US Coast Guard releases those names. Please do not have a wife or a mother or a brother find out about a lost family member because we post names prior to them getting notification from the CG in a proper way.

Fair winds and following seas to our one lost Coastie. Keep praying for the other 3.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    01 Mar 2012 01:37 PM
    Here is an official update from the Coast Guard in D8. 

Fair winds and following seas to our shipmates.

http://www.d8.uscgnews.com/go/doc/425/1323315/
    Sector NY, Staten Island

---
    Active Forums 4.3