Some People
Last Post 29 Apr 2012 03:51 PM by Active Prior Service. 2 Replies.
Author Messages
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
13 Mar 2012 07:00 AM
    From mil.com... Man Arrested for impersonating a Coastie!

http://www.military.com/news/articl...ESRC=eb.nl
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    13 Mar 2012 05:18 PM
    One thing to correct about the article; medals are earned, not won.

This is the reason I get mad when I see CG uniform items for sale at thrift shops and on eBay. Military members are not allowed to consign or sell their uniform items, as they are ultimately property of the US government, regardless of whether or not we actually paid for them. It's way too easy for someone to slap together enough uniform items to pass as the real thing.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Active Prior Service

--
    29 Apr 2012 03:51 PM
    What rank was he trying to be I wonder? Because if he was trying to impersonating a Petty Officer, he would fall under violate of impersonating a federal officer. 14 USC 89 and 19 USC 1401 basically makes commissoned officers, warrent officers, and petty officers federal officers...which under 18 USC 912 states:
    Whoever falsely assumes or pretends to be an officer or employee acting under the authority of the United States or any department, agency or officer thereof, and acts as such, or in such pretended character demands or obtains any money, paper, document, or thing of value, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

So those Valor Act complainers who say it is a freedom of speech and kiss my booty.

---
    Active Forums 4.3