July 27th, 2010
Last Post 19 Sep 2010 03:12 PM by TexasGrl. 23 Replies.
Author Messages
TexasGrl

--
22 May 2010 11:20 PM

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    22 May 2010 11:32 PM
    Must be using invisible ink...
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Bella0426

--
    22 May 2010 11:34 PM
    LOL I was thinking the same thing. I even refresh 3 times because I thought it was my ipod touh!

Bella
    THe Coastie
    Almostie

"Life is not measures by the breaths you take, but by it's breathtaking moments"
    TexasGrl

--
    22 May 2010 11:55 PM
    lol mybad..I was just posting my ship date to see if anyone else was leaving the same time but didnt really have anything to say in the main message..
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Bella0426

--
    23 May 2010 01:03 AM
    LOL it alright!! I think there's an older post on here for this date. Just my 2 cents :)

Bella
    THe Coastie
    Almostie

"Life is not measures by the breaths you take, but by it's breathtaking moments"
    TexasGrl

--
    23 May 2010 05:08 PM
    really? I looked for one and couldnt find it..guess ill look again!

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Bella0426

--
    23 May 2010 07:22 PM
    I just looked and I didn't see if either, maybe I'm getting old haha!! Are you excited?

Bella
    THe Coastie
    Almostie

TexasGrl

--
    16 Jun 2010 01:37 PM
    Yes im stoked! For more reasons than 1. Wish I was leaving sooner though!!!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Bella0426

--
    18 Jun 2010 08:52 AM
    Yeah at least you at the leaving stage..im not even close lol

Have you been working out and things of that nature?
    TexasGrl

--
    18 Jun 2010 12:00 PM
    Yea true! Ive been studyin and workin out. I am an ex-division 1 college soccer player so I have always been pretty fit and in good shape. I took a few months off after i quit playin but it hasnt been too tough for me to get it back. Ive been sick for a week though and feel like i have lost some strength but i am better now and im gonna start hitting the gym 5 days a week again. I have 5 wks left so I should be in great shape by the time I arrive at bootcamp. I need to sharpen up my swimming more than anything which is tough bc my gym doesnt have a pool and i dont really have access to many pools around here.

How long do you have til you leave?
    TexasGrl

--
    18 Jun 2010 12:02 PM
    I am disapointed that I have not heard of anyone else that is leaving the same time as me. I was hoping to know at least one person that I was gonna go through boot camp with.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Bella0426

--
    19 Jun 2010 06:49 PM
    I still have a ways to go because i've been put on hold until Meps gets back to my recruiter. But my recruiter said no matter what im geting in this 2011 fiscal.

Well maybe you will meet up with some people at the airport while you wait and hopefully makes some friends so you have someone to talk to during the hard times. As for swimming, yeah i really need to learn how to well learn it better i should say.

Good Luck!!! and I would love to hear all about it when you get back and where your gonna be stationed etc..

Wait are you going in Active Duty or Reservist?
    TexasGrl

--
    22 Jun 2010 12:15 PM
    I am going in Active Duty. Ill be stationed somewhere in District 8 (which doesnt say much since that district is huge)..lol

Ill definetly keep everyone update with how bootcamp goes and where I get stationed and what I end up doing.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    22 Jun 2010 12:57 PM
    Bella,

If you aren't that strong a swimmer, no worries there. They will help you get strong and I don't mean that in a way that should sound alarming. You will get extra swim time in the morning. My son went through that, he is a decent swimmer, just not a strong swimmer. You have to get up earlier than everyone else to get to the pool but then you get to take a slightly easier shower and you meet your company in the chow hall. He didn't mind going to remedial swim... he is a strong swimmer now. When you are in that remedial swim area, the CC's aren't there to totally bust chops, they REALLY want you to learn and be strong and be confident in the water. So practice is good but don't sweat it either. They will help.

Macie
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    TexasGrl

--
    22 Jun 2010 01:20 PM
    Thanks Macis for the update. I was also a little worried about that. I grew up with a pool in my backyard and i always swam at local pools, and lakes and stuff but really have no idea how strong of a swimmer I really am. It definetly makes me feel better that they give you an oppurtunity become stronger!

Tara
    TexasGrl

--
    13 Jul 2010 02:21 PM
    2 Wks and counting! Im gettin so excited but so nervous aswell!!!
    TexasGrl

--
    21 Jul 2010 10:58 AM
    5 more days! The anxiety/Nervousness is growing!

On that note, I wish i knew if I was going to be Victor 183 or Whiskey 183 so I can start informing my family and friends. I have heard Victor 183 and Whiskey 183 by diff. people.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Jdw21

--
    21 Jul 2010 11:04 AM
    You will be Whiskey 183 Because
    June 29th Sierra
    July 6 Tango
    July 13 Uniform
    July 20 Victor
    July 27 Whiskey
    TexasGrl

--
    21 Jul 2010 11:07 AM
    Thank you Jdw21.. I thought that all along but I heard a rumor that noone shipped out July 6th bc of the 4th of July holilday.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    21 Jul 2010 11:49 AM
    There is also the possibility of split companies... although with the smaller numbers going in I doubt that has happened but you just never know. The company name will be posted on the blogspot page within a day or so of your arriving. So family & friends can find it there, along with the hall you will be staying in.

Best of luck!!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    21 Jul 2010 11:54 AM
    I sure would wait for the BLOG or the letter you send home to family becuse I have lost new recruits at Cape May by going off of their intel...had to get hooked up with our Cape May insider to find them again...letters just kept coming back. Hopefully they will update the BLOG within a few days for a while it was taking weeks...hence having time to loose the recruits...lol
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    TexasGrl

--
    19 Sep 2010 12:41 PM
    WE did it! Victor 183 has officially been disbanded!

Most of us got the duty station we wanted to so I think everyone walked away proud and happy!
    The graduation was held outside in beautiful weather. It was perfect!
    lacrosse89

--
    19 Sep 2010 01:09 PM
    congrats! You guys came in just as I was leaving. I was part of Papa-183, I was hoping to see you guys get off the bus on that glorious tuesday, you know the tuesday you'll never forget haha. Congrats again!
    TexasGrl

--
    19 Sep 2010 03:12 PM
    Congrats to you too! Hope your enjoying your first duty station!

Yea our CC's let us watch Bravo 184 come off the bus and it was quite humorous and a lot of fun! Definetly didnt seem as bad watchin from the outside looking in..lol

We had it pretty bad tho bc we had all the CC's that were in CC school also screaming at us so there were like 3x more CC's when we got off the bus. But it was all worth it in the end!

---
    Active Forums 4.3