Reservist to Active
Last Post 26 Jun 2011 07:52 AM by chukles. 2 Replies.
Author Messages
slarty45

--
21 May 2011 07:57 PM
    I am currently in the air national guard and am looking to go active duty in the coast guard. I am curious how my reserve time would transfer over to active time. prior to the air guard i was a MP in the army guard with a deployment under my belt and prior to that was in the USMC. My recruiter told me if my time adds up right that there would be a alternative to boot camp so that I could keep my rank. I have been an E-4 for an exact month shy of 4 years. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tango
    Screaming seagull

--
    25 Jun 2011 09:49 AM
    Depending on what rate you choose and what your previous job in the airforce you should be able to attend REBE and enter the CG as an E-4. I'm not an expert so don't quote me on that.
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    26 Jun 2011 07:52 AM
    REBI has not existed for a while now. You will need to go through the enlistment process from the beginning. The Coast Guard recruiter will be able to determine if you will be able to attend an accelerated boot camp and will determine if a rate determination packet can be put together. Chances are greater than not of E3 out of boot camp. I do not have enough information to give a proper assessment on this forum. Best bet is to get in touch with a recruiter in your area.

http://www.gocoastguard.com/get-the...-recruiter

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.

---
    Active Forums 4.3