USMC to CG
Last Post 03 Jan 2012 07:37 PM by Gears. 1 Replies.
Author Messages
ford racing 16

--
03 Jan 2012 07:43 AM
    I currently have a little over a year left on my contract,  and I'm looking for more info before I completely rule out reenlistment. I am a 1341 HE mech and I am looking at MK and GM ratings.   I understand that with GM i would have to boot camp as an e3, but if i wnet the MK route would I enlist in the same pay grade I leave the Marines in? When  I complete the initial training and go to my unit what are the chances I would actually go where I want?   After someone gets to their unit how easy is it to get on a journeyman course? How is barracks life? And the final one that I have for now I have 2 tattoos,  one is a viking ship on my chest, and the other is the eagle globe and anchor on my shoulder.  The eagle globe and anchor isn't visible from my sleeve . Am I correct in my reading of the order that this one is fine?  The one on my chest is a viking ship, nothing fancy or violent,  but when I wear a V neck shirt it has about 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch exposed when I stand still.  Is there a wavier available or would I have to get a little bit removed?  If the laser treatment left a little scaring visible would that dq me?

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    03 Jan 2012 07:37 PM
    You should start talking to a recruiter now. A Rate Determination Package would have to be done to see if you meet the requirements to be a CG MK. I have no idea what a 1341 HE mech does, so I won't speculate on your odds. The odds of you going somewhere you want are the same as going somewhere you don't want. As far as a Journeyman Course are you talking about the USMAPP program? It's not very hard. The tattoos are fine.

The big hurdle is you'll need a discharge code of RE-1 to apply for enlistment, so stay out of trouble Devil Dog!
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee

---
    Active Forums 4.3