USCG Forum
Hitron
Last Post 19 Jun 2018 03:50 PM by stealthtt24. 4 Replies.
Author Messages
Misha3

--
18 Jun 2018 08:41 AM
    Sorry if this is answered already but my search bar isn’t working.. but my question is what are the chances an AST can be part of HITRON? I want to be a part of some sort of special unit (MSRT,MSST,HITRON) and just want to know what the chances are to get on. I am going active duty for 6 years and I ship out July 10 and have an opportunity to get a guaranteed A school for AST but have to fill out the paper work for that before boot camp. Any help is always appreciated. Again sorry if this was answered already.
    Misha3

--
    18 Jun 2018 08:44 AM
    Btw I do know that I can’t be part of MSST or MSRT as an AST*** unless there is a way I’m all ears 😁
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    stealthtt24

--
    19 Jun 2018 11:47 AM
    AST are not part of hitron or msrt or msst. Two completely different mission sets. Ast saves lives, the other units dont.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Lance

--
    19 Jun 2018 03:00 PM
    AST's are assigned to HITRON but their job is going to be maintaining the aviation life support on the 65's. Last i heard they were standing EMT duty at the range and you must be a E5 of higher for orders there. I've only heard of 1 AST going precision marksmen, most go there wanting a break from duty, flying or are broken.

If you want to do some spec ops shit and actually do it then start looking else where. Our attrition rate is up there with SEALS, PJ, etc but we're no pipe hitters due to our job duties, nor do we think we are. If you want the best quality of life in the military and don't mind doing underwater wrestling for 24 weeks then ya might want to look into signed that annex x or whatever its called from the recruiter to try out and go AST. Google reddit rescue swimmer if ya need more info.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    stealthtt24

--
    19 Jun 2018 03:50 PM
    Well color me pink, looks like learned something today. Thanks for the info Lance. Lance is right on the spec ops and doing stuff. Although TACLET does have a pretty cool mission set and get deployed all over the world. MSST are doing security zones and its quite boring since they took away FP side. MSRT is 50/50 whether they actually do stuff. Mostly training.

Hey Lance, whats a pipe hitter?

---
    Active Forums 4.3