USCG Forum
AIRSTA Miami
Last Post 21 Oct 2018 05:11 AM by phxcoastie. 2 Replies.
Author Messages
kirkaland

--
12 Oct 2018 12:53 PM
    Moving there in December with my wife and 1 year old daughter. Any advice on areas to look at for living?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    stealthtt24

--
    13 Oct 2018 06:29 AM
    Only know Opa Locka guys but look north of Miami. Pembroke pines, Hollywood, Coral Springs, that area.
    phxcoastie

--
    21 Oct 2018 05:11 AM
    I was stationed there for five years, lived all over. I would mainly look in Broward County as it is closer to work. Living in Miami-Dade County is good for single folks, but I don't recommend it unless you really like Miami Culture. The drive can be a beast, and things are typically pricier, yet more run down.

Beach areas: Ft Lauderdale area north to Deerfield Beach has nice coastal living if you're looking for a townhome. Commute isn't too bad.

Inland: Pembroke Pines, Sunrise, Davie, Miramar, Weston, Coral Springs to name a few. The further west you look, the newer and more modern the neighborhoods, especially Miramar and Weston. Commute is pretty quick from any of these areas. I don't recommend living anywhere around Opa Locka. Crime is high, or at least was when I was stationed there 2002-2007.

---
    Active Forums 4.3