Rude Behavior by Flotillas
Last Post 01 Aug 2018 05:46 PM by NYBo. 1 Replies.
Author Messages
Bear0641

--
24 Jul 2018 05:42 PM
    I don't know if anyone else has had this experience or not. But I've noticed several Flotillas have more of a "club" atmosphere about them. Visiting from an out of state Flotilla, I approached a couple of the Flotillas about local shops, that sort of thing. I got the same rude answer back from them, "ask your flotilla Commander", of course i already had, but since i was in another state, she suggested contacting some local flotillas.

Now of course we all should follow the "Chain of Leadership", we all know that. However, I think some have forgotten that we are all mentors for each other and our communities. That's just my opinion.....

On a more serious note, are these the type of people we want in the Auxiliary? With a little checking, it seems the majority of the Flotillas I came in contact with swapped out the job of FC, BFC, FSO, etc with pretty much their family, every year a swap was needed. This leads to nepotism and the "club" atmosphere of entitlement. IMO.

NYBo

--
    01 Aug 2018 05:46 PM
    I am trying to understand what type of question would justify such a response. Can you give a specific example?

Keeping the elected offices rotating among a small group is a sign of a failing organization, IMO.

---
    Active Forums 4.3