Lima 186
Last Post 08 Apr 2012 01:00 PM by GuardianSpouse. 33 Replies.
Author Messages
Mom987

--
19 Mar 2012 06:21 PM
    My son is in this bootcamp company. Anyone else out there?
    GuardianSpouse

--
    20 Mar 2012 11:19 AM
    My husband is a CC here in Cape May. I may be able to help if you have any questions.
    OREGONDAD

--
    20 Mar 2012 03:34 PM
    My son is as well he is from Medford Oregon. I hear they start there first swimming test this week. Have you joined the Lima 186 face book page yet, a bunch of us our on it. I also put on some info in regards to Hotels in Cape May. The Blue Fish Inn gives a USCG discount the promo code is "weLUVcg" I got a 2 bedroom that sleeps 6 for $81.00 per night its a really nice place close to Downtown and the Beach I think 4-5 smalltown blocks...LOL. They also dont charge a penalty if your had to cancel due to recruit reversion or injury.I guess they also video tape and take pictures of the recruits every Sunday at 1:30P.M.weather permitting on FACEBOOK I guess they run right in front of the hotel...and they are located 5 minutes from Cape May Tracen where the recruits are. Hope that helps look forward to communicating with you, were all in this together that's what I have really grown to like about the Coast Guard there a very family oriented branch of the service. http://wwww.facebook.com/people/BLU...1192611227
    OREGONDAD

--
    20 Mar 2012 03:42 PM
    SORRY MOM987 IT CUT OUT SOME OF THE LINK /BLUE-FISH-INN/100001192611227

*Mod Edit as an FYI - Your link didn't cut out part, that's just the way hyperlinks post. It doesn't show it all. But you only have to hover over it and it turns blue. Then you click and you are there.
    Macie
    OREGONDAD

--
    20 Mar 2012 03:48 PM
    Thanks for your support GuardianSpouse it is so nice to be able to get information first hand from dedicated staff like yourself it sure clears up alot of questions, thanks again
    GuardianSpouse

--
    20 Mar 2012 06:31 PM
    I am happy to help, so fire away with the questions
    OREGONDAD

--
    21 Mar 2012 08:01 AM
    THANKS MACIE APPRECIATE THE HEADS UP.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    21 Mar 2012 08:10 AM
    You're welcome. I didn't want you to think that something was missing or you didn't connect it right somehow. It just cuts it out in the center for wahtever reason.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Mom987

--
    21 Mar 2012 07:03 PM
    Sorry, haven't been on in a couple days, thank you so much for your response. I've had many of my questions answered, this is a very helpful and welcoming site! I'm trying to make arrangements to go to graduation. My son is a reservist, not sure if that makes a difference , but, do they fly out on Satarday after graduation, not sure how long I should book a motel room for. Thanks so much!
    Mom987

--
    21 Mar 2012 07:10 PM
    Thank you so much for the wecome and info on the motel, wow that is a great price, I'm still making our arraignments , we actually aren't sure if we can swing it, but, we are trying! We are from California, so I'm checking airfares, etc.
    Mom987

--
    21 Mar 2012 07:18 PM
    Oh, Oregondad, forgot to thank you for letting me know about the swimming tests, just feels better to have an idea what they are doing... I know they are adults, but somehow, they always " feel" like our babies, lol . I'm going to check out the Facebook site now. Thanks Everone for your info. And support!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    magmam

--
    21 Mar 2012 08:44 PM
    I found that Southwest had the best rates from NJ to California when I went to visit my son in Oakland. You have to decide which airport too....either way I guess you will have to rent a car. Atlantic City or Philly...the NY airports are almost a 3 hour drive from Cape May
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    22 Mar 2012 05:30 AM
    My son just flew JetBlue from Boston to San Fran and he said they were absolutely wonderful!! I looked at the price for when I go out for Colin's A school graduation and JetBlue was about $20 more than Southwest. I'm just not sure what the JetBlue attitude is about changes. I know Southwest has an excellent change program. SO be sure to ask whatever airline you book with if there are any changes what are the charges!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    MiamiMom

--
    24 Mar 2012 05:05 PM
    I just heard of this site. My son is in Lima 186, James Hall. Are there any pictures displayed? Have you received mail from your family member at Cape May? My email is perezmercy@bellsouth.net
    Great Thanks...
    MiamiMom

--
    24 Mar 2012 05:12 PM
    Hi. What is tha facebook page for Lima 186?
    Thanks...
    GuardianSpouse

--
    24 Mar 2012 05:21 PM
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/2...101743044/

you can also type uscg lima 186 in the fb search
    GuardianSpouse

--
    24 Mar 2012 05:23 PM
    Miamimom, I will often go and take pictures of the off-base runs. The first run will be Sunday of week 6. I will make a shutterfly page and post the link here when I make the page. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. We are currently stationed in Cape May since my husband works at the training center. ~Tiffany
    MiamiMom

--
    24 Mar 2012 05:26 PM
    Thanks, I will check it now. I've written to him and haven't received any mail from him? How often can they write? Anything else you can tell me?
    :0))) thank you...
    MiamiMom

--
    24 Mar 2012 05:28 PM
    Thank you Tiffany so veeryyyyy much....
    Mom987

--
    24 Mar 2012 06:26 PM
    Many thanks to all for the airline info. I know I keep repeating myself , but, it's very comforting that you are all so supportive! Miamimom, I haven't received mail either, except the form letter. I think someone said they only have a little time on Sundays to write , so I'm thinking we all all in the same boat as far as not hearing from them. I do have a tip to share about " helping" friends or others who care, but aren't the writing letter type . I got a " thinking of you" card, when any of his friends or our neighbors stop by I ask them to write in it. Will do the same thing for Easter
    MiamiMom

--
    24 Mar 2012 07:53 PM
    Hello to All. My name is Mercy. (MiamiMom)
    Thank you Mom987. I guess we're all looking for any and all kinds of information. So they're doing swimming test this week? Also, per OregonDad, when and how do we hear about the video taping and the pictures of the recruits every Sunday? So The Blue Inn will post pictures before? Sorry about all the questions and thanks for all your answers.

GuardianSpouse, I will definitely look forward to those week 6 pictures. I also saw Fred's Place Welcomes CoastGuardPics. Have you heard of this? Would it at any point have pictures of Cape May bootcamp? And do you know anything about the videos and pictures taken by the Blue Inn? And to you as well, Sorry about all the questions and thanks for all your answers.

Anyone else with information about Lima 186, We all do greatly appreciate it.... Thanks...
    GuardianSpouse

--
    25 Mar 2012 05:11 AM
    Mercy,
    The pictures and videos will start in week 4 (weather permitting) for them to run off-base. I will post here when I get some pictures. The blue fish inn has a fb page that you can join and they will put the videos there. Keep sending letters. You should get your first letter back in week 3. As time progresses the letters will get longer. They have divine hours on Sunday (starting today) where they go to church, get their uniform ready and write letters. The letters should get longer as the weeks go by, this means they are mastering time managment : )
    MiamiMom

--
    25 Mar 2012 12:35 PM
    Thanks MOM987. I've written a few letters and given his address to family and friends. Although he can't write as often, maybe if he has time before sleeping, he can read a little. A few letters.
    What airline and hotel info can you share? I dont have any info on that.
    Thank you...
    Txcoastiesis

--
    26 Mar 2012 08:20 AM
    My little brother just left for boot camp March 20th. He's at Camp May i believe, how do i find out what company he's in and how do i join thier FB?
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    26 Mar 2012 09:35 AM
    Sis,

You can look here for his company and the mailing address.

http://www.uscg.org/Forum/aft/12196.aspx

You should just be able to search on facebook M186 or Mike 186. (Mike is the phonetic for M in the military.)
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Txcoastiesis

--
    26 Mar 2012 10:06 AM
    Thats what Im looking for too. I was hopeing to find some pictures of my brother.
    Txcoastiesis

--
    26 Mar 2012 10:09 AM
    I'm hoping to findout how to get on the fb page! please let me know any information. jodiakam@yahoo.com Thanks
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    26 Mar 2012 10:17 AM
    You should just be able to search on facebook M186 or Mike 186. (Mike is the phonetic for M in the military.)
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    john.g.w

--
    30 Mar 2012 10:33 AM
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    KD

--
    31 Mar 2012 09:35 AM
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/USCGMoms/ (Mothers of CG members only)

http://www.facebook.com/groups/USCG...andfamily/ (all parents, friends, family)

http://www.facebook.com/groups/322883357746747/ (US Coast Guard Support Page, Bootcamp and Beyond)

Here are a few more FB links as well. This forum is probably the most straightforward source of good info, but if you want a little more casual chat, pictures and hand-holding, try these out. There are more, as well, all closed groups, so they are private. To join, send a message to the page admins requesting to join and describing your relationship to your recruit.

There are lots of others, too, besides these, with every emphasis you can think of, including for spouses, moving information and groups specific to certain duty stations. Happy hunting.
    OREGONDAD

--
    01 Apr 2012 08:00 AM
    HI MOM987 THIS IS OREGONDAD MY SON IS IN LIMA 186. I WAS JUST LOOKING AT FARES ON CHEAPOAIR.COM AND I FOUND A PRETTY CHEAP FARE LEAVING ON MAY 3RD RETURNING MAY 5TH LAX TO EWR ROUND TRIP FOR $295 + TAX TOTAL 317.00 ON UNITED AIRLINES TO PHL WAS $309.00 + TAX TOTAL $341.00 IF THAT HELPS. I ALSO RECEIVED A GOOD DEAL AT THE BLUE FISH INN $81.00 A NIGHT WITH COAST GUARD DISCOUNT.
    Niicole

--
    05 Apr 2012 01:12 AM
    Hi all, I know I am a little late to this conversation. I am the girlfriend of Travis Koenneker who is apart of Lima 186. His family and I have bought our plane tickets with US Airways traveling from Arizona. We also got three rooms for two nights at about 70 dollars a night at Hyland Inn. I hope any of this information helps, also looking forward to seeing you all at the graduation!!! Only 29 days left!
    Mom987

--
    06 Apr 2012 06:10 PM
    Hi to the newest people here, and thank you so much for the flight info. , unfortunately , we may not make it): But, wanted to warn the moderators , someone tried to friend me yesterday, with a verrrrrry strange message. Let me know if you want me to send you the message. I did not friend the person . Thanks!
    GuardianSpouse

--
    08 Apr 2012 01:00 PM
    Here is the website for the pictures I took of today's run. Happy Easter everyone! http://lima1886.shutterfly.com/ You will only see pictures of Lima recruits.

~Tiffany

---
    Active Forums 4.3