Search Option
Last Post 01 Jul 2011 03:01 PM by christnp. 5 Replies.
Author Messages Resolved
m15airof

--
19 Nov 2010 01:02 PM
    Not sure if this topic was covered ever or if anyone else has this problem, but when I try to use the search engine to sift through the topics it does not work.  Just checking to see if I am the only one.
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    19 Nov 2010 01:33 PM
    You are not the only one. I am looking into it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    jakeawhite

--
    28 Apr 2011 05:00 PM
    Any update on this? I'm having the same issue with searching the site.

Thanks!
    Jake
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    28 Apr 2011 07:34 PM
    • Accepted Answer
    It is a quirky search function to say the least! Use asw few words as possible in your search, and narrow it down to the last 30-60 days. Not the best "search" but it works. Additionally if you are looking for specific users posts, insert the user name and then in the search field enter an a, e, i type deal. I don't understand it either, it is a limitation of the forum.
    I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    jakeawhite

--
    29 Apr 2011 12:30 AM
    Thanks! Limiting the search I was able to get some results returned. In another life I'm a website developer so I know that sometimes thing just don't work. Thanks for your help!
    christnp

--
    01 Jul 2011 03:01 PM

I found that the best way to search the forum is by going to Google and typing in this:

"site:uscg.org "

Essentially, Google searchs the site uscg.org for whatever is. Make sense?

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” -- John Quincy Adams

---
    Active Forums 4.3