New Combat Boots
Last Post 22 Oct 2015 05:09 PM by Whitlow513. 6 Replies.
Author Messages
Whitlow513

--
19 Oct 2015 02:46 PM
    hi everyone@!
    im stationed on a cutter in Hawaii
    i need to replace my boots and the Navy fleetstore does not have the type of boots i am looking for
    i just want a thin, plain style boot that is easy to hold a good shine for when i have to be fancy
    would the army corcoran jump boots be out of the question?
    can i choose any all black, leather, type of boot?
    thanks everyone!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JDMD

--
    19 Oct 2015 09:44 PM
    Well assuming you will be inspected looking "fancy", you need to be in regs still. I've usually seen those jump boots without a safety toe only. Remember, a non metallic safety toe is required in the ODU... Also it has to be 8"-10" in height.
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    19 Oct 2015 10:29 PM
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    Whitlow513

--
    20 Oct 2015 09:09 PM
    yeah i just want a simple, plain looking boot that i can shine up really nicely. i bought some lincoln wax and kiwi parade gloss from amazon. i dont want to spend too much money on them, but they are hard to find for the coast guard. our boots all seem to be waterproof, steel toe, insulated, and very bulky and heavy.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    20 Oct 2015 09:48 PM
    I liked my regular navy all leather boots. They were a little narrow though, and never quite broke in like our bates do. I would suggest realllllllly walking in them a bit before buying them. When I tried them on, they seemed fine, but after wearing them for almost a year, they never fit right and ruined my pinky toes. Now I get xtra wide bates.

I wouldn't get to caught up in the boots thing. On the cutter they are going to get beat up no matter what you do. If you shine them once a week, they'll shine easy. Also, you need to just use regular wax, all that quick shine stuff dries out the leather and ruins the boots in the long run.
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    rico

--
    21 Oct 2015 10:51 PM
    Those all leather Navy boots gave me wicked blisters for about 6 months until they really got broken in. Now they're great but I still can't get over the constant squeaking. I like the superboot way better.
    Whitlow513

--
    22 Oct 2015 05:09 PM
    yeah...too much of a headache. 
    i went to the CGX, broke down and got a pair of Bates
    lightweight, side zip, the whole nine. nice boots
    those will just have to do lol

---
    Active Forums 4.3