USCG EMT/FireFighting?
Last Post 03 Dec 2015 04:37 PM by rfail1988. 2 Replies.
Author Messages
Eden

--
24 Nov 2015 05:38 PM
    So My friend is a Sr in High School. she is wanting to be an EMT but wants to get a broader view on things. So she is wanting to Interview EMT's and Firefighters about daily tasks, jobs, what is life like outside of your work, and how/why you enjoy the job, if you do...
    The other reason I am helping her out is because I am very interested in Firefighting and planning to get a career in it.Is anyone on here an EMT/Firefighter who would be willing to answer some questions for us? I understand regulations/rules can vary in states but we are aimed towards Idaho and Washington. 
    Thanks

F-E-A-R: Has two meanings: 1. Forget Everything and Run. Or. 2. Face Everything and Rise. The Choice is Yours!
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    24 Nov 2015 07:32 PM
    Im an EMT. All AST's are EMT's. Ask away or send me a message
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    rfail1988

--
    03 Dec 2015 04:37 PM
    don't expect to live in WA/ID your entire career in the CG. Accept it and you will be happy. Get stationed there, and you will be very happy. You can get stationed anywhere, including guam, puerto rico, alaska and hawaii. You can be an EMT at any cutter in the CG. At your next unit, you may not be. it's a collateral duty, not something that you do primarily. All HSes and ASTs are EMTs I believe, but it's nothing like civilian EMT/firefigher life. Trust me, I did that before the CG as a civilian. You will do firefighting in boot camp and if assigned to a cutter, you will do firefighting there as well. Again, it's a collateral duty. when you are in the middle of the ocean, no local fire dept will save you but yourselves.

---
    Active Forums 4.3