Non rates
Last Post 11 Oct 2016 04:18 PM by AG305. 3 Replies.
Author Messages
Cacisdobb1199

--
09 Oct 2016 05:47 AM
    So I guess my first question is when I graduate from boot camp I understand I will receive a dream sheet and can put where I'd like to be stationed am I correct in saying this?? If so how often do you get placed where you request I know this depends on where you put but generally are there any sectors that if you put them you'll most likely end up there Bc of the sectors size or something. And lastly am I gurenteed a spot on an A school wait list if I meet the qualifications. Will they tell me I can't apply to one a school I have to apply to another.
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    09 Oct 2016 07:49 AM
    You get your dream sheet early on in boot camp and you find out around week 5 where you are going. You can put whatever you would like on there and it really is a crap shoot on if you get it or not. It just depends on what the Coast Guard needs what you put. If you put "I'd like to go to a cutter" You're chances are pretty great you'll make it to a cutter. If you put " Air Station San Francisco" or small boat station Morro Bay, those chances that you get that really slim down. Everything just depends on need. If you put, I'd like anywhere in sector 13 or sector ___, then you might get a better chance but still no guarantee. There isn't a magical sector though that you can put down and more likely get.
    If you meet all the requirements and don't get in trouble, you can put your name on any list and wait it out until school comes. Its 100% your choice as long as you meet all the requirements.
    Aar0nsite

--
    11 Oct 2016 06:13 AM
    When it comes to choosing where you're going to go after boot camp, its generally a lottery. You can put location 1, location 2, and location 3, but unless they have an open billet there are no guarantees. the one thing that can help is if you actually speak Spanish and put for somewhere were there is a big Spanish speaking community, then chances are you could land that. in reference to getting your name on the A-School, at lease at my station you need to get qualified and then you earned the opportunity to get you name on the A school of your choice. Stay out of trouble, watch out for how much you drink (if over 21) and be a hard worker and you shouldn't have any troubles.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AG305

--
    11 Oct 2016 04:18 PM
    i got pretty much exactly what i asked for because i worded it out like mkelly said. i think i just got lucky but definitely put down whatever you want on there and make good use of that comment section.

---
    Active Forums 4.3