switching rates?
Last Post 05 Feb 2010 06:49 PM by jchristine23. 3 Replies.
Author Messages
jchristine23

--
05 Feb 2010 05:31 PM
    Ok, so I was wondering... What if I were to join and decided to go FS. What if I decide that I hate it and want to go do something like ME? Is it possible to switch rates at any point and time.

I'm just asking because while I really like cooking ME seems like what I'd really want to do but the waiting list is long. I know the CG really needs FS right now ( I heard that FS get guaranteed A school and also a nifty bonus). So would it be possible to do FS for the 2 years until the ME list opened up. I'd be willing to waive any bonuses and reenlist or sign another contract or what ever. I really just want to know if it's even possible.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    05 Feb 2010 05:49 PM
    I know this has been discussed repeatedly, even recently. But there are a lot of hoops, command approval, needs of the service all sorts of things that have to happen to be able to switch.

That's just another reason the saying "Choose your rate, choose your fate" is so important.

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    05 Feb 2010 06:42 PM
    FS is critical right now, and will probably remain so. If you go FS prepare to stay an FS.

"I have the terrible feeling that, because I am wearing a white beard and am sitting in the back of the theatre, you expect me to tell you the truth about something. These are the cheap seats, not Mount Sinai."

-Orson Welles

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    jchristine23

--
    05 Feb 2010 06:49 PM
    darn

---
    Active Forums 4.3