Calling all Company Commanders...
Last Post 17 Feb 2010 11:45 AM by southern118. 26 Replies.
Author Messages
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
levyii

--
08 Feb 2010 04:16 AM
    This could very well end up being a shot in the dark and I may get no responses and/or catch some flak for this...but...here goes. I know CC's browse this website and what I would like is for some of you guys to PM me. I am only a third right now but sometime after making second I would like to start putting a package together to become a Company Commander. This is something I have put a lot of thought into and would really enjoy doing. I would like to know straight from you guys what is involved in becoming one. How to prepare for CC school, manuals and knowledge I can start learning now to better help the transition. I would like to thank you all in advance for at least reading this and I look forward to hearing from some of you. Thank you for your time.

BM3 Levesque, Michelle
    USCGC Rush
    Honolulu, HI

Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    08 Feb 2010 12:07 PM
    Levyii,

I know there is an MK1 on Colin's boat that just finished up being a CC... I can't remember his name. If you like I can ask Colin about getting him in touch with you. Colin told him he is not interested in being a CC but was interested in the whole process and I know that sat talking about it. So he would probably be willing to fill in some blanks or answer some questions.

Macie

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    08 Feb 2010 01:44 PM
    Levyii,

If you are looking for information about CG Special Assignments here is a good place to start.

http://www.uscg.mil/epm/AO/SpecialA...nments.asp

It only took google .41 seconds to find it. Amazing!

"I have the terrible feeling that, because I am wearing a white beard and am sitting in the back of the theatre, you expect me to tell you the truth about something. These are the cheap seats, not Mount Sinai."

-Orson Welles

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member
    jen899193

--
    08 Feb 2010 02:45 PM
    gears......damn dude! be nice! lol

Jen

Proud Coastguard Mom of

OS3 Church, Brittney R.
    Camslant Chesapeake, VA

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin

~Jen~
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    08 Feb 2010 03:03 PM
    Jen,

Research is a large part of being in the CG. Knowing where and how to find information is an invaluable skill that every Coastie needs to develop. Research, ask questions, and never stop learning.

Here endeth the lesson.

"I have the terrible feeling that, because I am wearing a white beard and am sitting in the back of the theatre, you expect me to tell you the truth about something. These are the cheap seats, not Mount Sinai."

-Orson Welles

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member
    jen899193

--
    08 Feb 2010 03:24 PM
    hahahaha!!!!!

i couldn't pass that opportunity up!! google is one of my best friends!!

Jen

Proud Coastguard Mom of

OS3 Church, Brittney R.
    Camslant Chesapeake, VA

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin

~Jen~
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    britt3907

--
    08 Feb 2010 03:45 PM
    i love google i use to find just bout everything.. cause you can find anything and everything on google!!! its my best friend

OS3 Brittney Church
    CAMSLANT VA

Trusted Member
    jen899193

--
    08 Feb 2010 04:35 PM
    lmao!!!!

that is why britt3907 calls home.....she asks mom to google and find it!!!

Jen

Proud Coastguard Mom of

OS3 Church, Brittney R.
    Camslant Chesapeake, VA

~Jen~
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    levyii

--
    08 Feb 2010 04:52 PM
    um...I do believe I had the "ask questions" part covered...thanks very much. I know there are CC's on here and was interested in TALKING TO THEM.... or did you not catch that part of my post?

BM3 Levesque, Michelle
    USCGC Rush
    Honolulu, HI

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    levyii

--
    08 Feb 2010 04:59 PM
    see...I can use sarcasm too :o)

BM3 Levesque, Michelle
    USCGC Rush
    Honolulu, HI

texasdad

--
    08 Feb 2010 05:30 PM
    Gears -- I often enjoy your witt and info however, sometimes you cross over to just plain smart a-- I'm pretty sure that's not in the spirit this forum was established. I consider you a valuable asset here, please just turn down the butthead knob.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ejhcougar

--
    08 Feb 2010 05:55 PM
    Actually gears you sound exactly like boatforces in that post, you sure you're really not an undercover BM???

"You only like Armageddon because they send a bunch of roughnecks to save the world..." - Ex Boss

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Bored of Desk Jobs

--
    08 Feb 2010 06:30 PM
    Gears said...
    Levyii,
    It only took google .41 seconds to find it. Amazing!

hahaha..

You guys gotta know Gears better than that by now. He was being... Gears.

It all begins February 16th 2010!

" height="200" width="200" quality="high" loop="infinite" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgiP1_Prod_Version=Shockwaveflash">

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    levyii

--
    08 Feb 2010 06:37 PM
    yeah yeah...I know. That's why I used MY version of sarcasm. lol no biggie.

Macie, I will take you up on your offer to talk to Colin. You have my cell...text me if you need to! Hope all is well Mamma Guard!

BM3 Levesque, Michelle
    USCGC Rush
    Honolulu, HI

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ejhcougar

--
    08 Feb 2010 06:37 PM
    boatforces said...
    Google says this search took 0.39 seconds...

http://www.uscg.mil/directives/ci/1...134_2C.pdf

On a side note to everyone who is thinking about joining. If you want in the CG you better be ready to do lots and lots of searching for info. About 30% of your day will be dedicated (and I'm not kidding here) to researching things either for your job, your supervisor, or (eventually) your subordinates.

That is a response I got from boatforces once, seems awfully similar....

"You only like Armageddon because they send a bunch of roughnecks to save the world..." - Ex Boss

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    08 Feb 2010 06:47 PM
    Texasdad/Cougar,

Being a smarta-- is that part of my personality not even a surgeon could remove. No I am not a BM in disguise. In the time it takes to write a post on here google would have been able to find it 47 times.

Boatforces did post it first, it was definitely worth repeating.

Levyii,

Who was the sarcasm directed at me or OldGuard?

-Orson Welles

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    levyii

--
    08 Feb 2010 07:02 PM
    you Gears...but all in good fun. I was just looking for wisdom from first hand experience. I still have a ways to go. I appreciate you looking it up though. I'll be sure to do that before posting a question like that again. I'm a smart *** too....you just out smart ***** me. :)

BM3 Levesque, Michelle
    USCGC Rush
    Honolulu, HI

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ejhcougar

--
    08 Feb 2010 07:07 PM
    I was being a smart a** as well, similarly ingrained in me as it is Gears. The oilfield comes out everyone once in a while though too. Sometimes questions on here can be answered more simply by searching, IF you know what to search for. Reminds me of my old bloodhound pup, she could put her nose down and follow a trail for hours, but if she would pick her head up and look the dang thing was two feet away and she could walk right to it!

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    08 Feb 2010 07:18 PM
    Levyii,

The Force is strong with you, but you aren't a Jedi yet. I'm glad I could help. Feel free to hit me with a PM if you ever need anything.

Cougar,

You make an excellent point. I'll make sure I detail what should be googled, give a man a fish and all that.

-Orson Welles

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    levyii

--
    08 Feb 2010 07:28 PM
    Thanks Gears, will do.

BM3 Levesque, Michelle
    USCGC Rush
    Honolulu, HI

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    husband

--
    15 Feb 2010 04:25 AM
    google cant find "everything"...type in Chuck Norris and hit "I'm Feeling lucky" and see what happens...

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ejhcougar

--
    15 Feb 2010 07:13 PM
    I may point out google can be fooled as well, remember, everywhere there is a computer there is a computer programmer looking to disrupt things. Does anyone remember the big "miserable; failure" hoax in 2005? At the point if you typed in those two words or either one or any combo there of it brought up the bio of George W. Bush lol.

Disclaimer!
    I did not make this post to rectify the validity of this hoax, defend the George Bush presidency, or otherwise offend either political party, any religious party, or well, anyone on these boards, just a statement. Have a nice day!

Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    southern118

--
    16 Feb 2010 12:05 AM
    BM3 i sent you a nice little pm.

If im correct there are NO CC that are actively signed onto this board. im not saying they dont look at this board but all of them i have talked to do not have an account here.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    USCGforMe

--
    16 Feb 2010 02:31 PM
    Why not go into global and shoot an email to the CCs who trained you? One of mine is a 1st class in a rating I am interested in. I shot him an email about it and weve been going back and forth with questions/answers for a while.

Don't be scared ;-)
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    southern118

--
    17 Feb 2010 12:28 AM
    i gave her some good advice USCGforMe. It is best to get it from the horses mouth as of now. it could have changed alot since her CC have been there. i dont remember who hers were but i doubt any of them are there. I only know of a few that are still there from when i was there
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    levyii

--
    17 Feb 2010 03:08 AM
    no...most of my CC's are long gone. I've been in almost 3 years now. I want to wait one more tour so I'll probably just hold off for now and submit my package in 5 years or so. I can't wait to see what boot is like in 5 more years lol

BM3 Levesque, Michelle
    USCGC Rush
    Honolulu, HI

Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    southern118

--
    17 Feb 2010 11:45 AM
    just rember you have to ave 3 years of good marks maybe four i cant remember off the top of my head to be considered

---
    Active Forums 4.3