Follow the Rush on patrol!!
Last Post 01 Apr 2010 10:43 PM by Old Guard2. 27 Replies.
Author Messages
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
levyii

--
10 Feb 2010 12:53 AM

Please keep in mind that this is still under construction. I am working with the Public Affairs officer to work out the details of what can and can't be posted. He will let me know what complies with OPSEC and what doesn't.

My plans for this blog include showing everyone what day to day operations are like, taking you into our world on board the 378. Each week I will try and get a different group (based on ranks) to write a short blog entry for that week. You will all get to see a non rates, first class, junior officers, chiefs and hopefully the XO and CO's points of view. Pictures will be added as well. Keep in mind that internet is spotty at best while underway so if a week or so goes by and you haven't heard anything..just be patient, it will come. Thank you all for your interest and I hope you enjoy!

BM3 Levesque, Michelle
    USCGC Rush
    Honolulu, HI

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AET2b

--
    10 Feb 2010 01:03 AM
    congrats on getting it this far!! I look forward to reading your blog! Great job.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    10 Feb 2010 02:00 AM
    SWEEEEET!. I am officially a follower :-D Really looking forward to it!

-Pain is weakness leaving the body.
     -It's 5 o'clcok somewhere.
     - So can you tell me what exactly does freedon mean, if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be.

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Potato2

--
    10 Feb 2010 03:39 AM
    Me too!

I'm excited to read about all the interesting things that go on on a cutter

In love I was created and in love I hope to die

Heading out to bootcamp May 4th :)
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    jkribell

--
    10 Feb 2010 06:25 AM
    Hey Michelle - I waved at the Rush today!! I spent all day at Sand Island!! I am trying to plan the aux spring training conference which will be going on while you are gone. I almost missed it as the Jarvis was "parked" where I usually see the Rush! I met the master chief at the galley-what a small world, he was at Heathers A school graduation although i didnt know him at the time. As honor graduate she was at their (master chiefs) graduation and so he had met her. I guess I need to behave so I don't get her in trouble!!?? LOL

Proud Mom to FS3Kribell-USCGC Hamilton, San Diego
    USCG Aux Member District 14 Divison 1
    DSO-CC/EM/PA; Flotilla FN/SR 

Lucky to live in Hawaii - Mom to FS3Kribell, USCGC Hamilton, San Diego
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    husband

--
    10 Feb 2010 12:08 PM
    wow thats cool...thanks for the link

OS3 Husband
    Sector St. Petersburg, FL

texasdad

--
    10 Feb 2010 02:42 PM
    Thanks much, we will follow along
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    levyii

--
    16 Feb 2010 03:56 AM
    Blog has been a little slow. Had a nice three day weekend. I will make an entry tomorrow at work hopefully. Get as many people as you can to follow along. I am also about to start some nutrition videos on youtube. I don't hold a degree or anything, but I do a lot of reading. My first video challenge is a 30 day boycott of fast food restaurants. I have the book Fast Food Nation and can't believe what that food is doing to our country. Can you believe Taco Bell lets kids under 3 eat for free??? Talk about building early fan base and life long customers!!

BM3 Levesque, Michelle
    USCGC Rush
    Honolulu, HI

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    levyii

--
    16 Feb 2010 03:57 AM
    I think I jacked my own thread.....ha.

BM3 Levesque, Michelle
    USCGC Rush
    Honolulu, HI

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    16 Feb 2010 12:07 PM
    Yes ma'am, I believe you have lol. I look at fast food as....not food. Something barely edable that only enters my mouth when I'm A) Drunk.....being honest lol or B) coming up on 2- 3 hours without food, no other option. In which case, there are ways to go about it. Fresco style Tacos at Taco Hell, etc. Ok, back to your orginal...Can't wait for updates while you're underway!

-Pain is weakness leaving the body.
     -It's 5 o'clcok somewhere.
     - So can you tell me what exactly does freedon mean, if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be.

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    BBODJ

--
    17 Feb 2010 10:02 PM
    Michelle -

Looking forward to reading your blog! Will be really interesting to get information and stories from several different grounds and ratings.

And even though its just a sidetrack - I like your version of dealing with fast food a lot more than Super Size Me! I've read Fast Food Nation as well. You should check out the movie Food Inc, I thought it was really well done. I stopped eating meat a couple years ago and gave up fast food for the most part a while before then. I live about 500 feet from a BK Lounge and Bored went there waaay too often. Sucks that fast food is so cheap and overly convenient. I will admit though, I had a busy travel day recently and caved and had McD's fries for the first time in ages. I felt gross eating them but I was super hungry and the first few were damn tasty. Hope it will be a few more years before I eat any again though!

CSAYank - I sure do remember some drunk fast food times from a few years ago!!

"I find the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

"I find the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    levyii

--
    20 Feb 2010 08:30 PM
    new post up folks!!

BM3 Levesque, Michelle
    USCGC Rush
    Honolulu, HI

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Jessica07

--
    20 Feb 2010 08:55 PM
    Looks good.

I'm looking forward to reading your blog.
    Coastie Hopeful 2011 ~ Semper Paratus!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    levyii

--
    07 Mar 2010 08:51 PM
    Ok folks. It's that time again where we go out and you don't hear from us for awhile. Follow the blog: http://itsacoastiething.blogspot.com/

I only have 12 followers, I know you guys can do better than that. I was told in a comment that reading the blog was inspiring. Well I would like to say that the comment in itself inpired ME to do better and write more and make it interesting. Pass the word around to all you know who are joining the CG and who might be iffy on getting stationed aboard a 378.

Talk to you all soon!!

Macie and Jen, you guys have my email!!

BM3 Levesque, Michelle
    USCGC Rush
    Honolulu, HI

There is a tide in the affairs of men, Which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune. Omitted, all the
    voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat.
    And we must take the current when it serves, or lose our ventures.

Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    07 Mar 2010 09:08 PM
    Have fun & be careful, Michelle!

I'll be watching and following, can't wait to see what you are up to! I'll write!

Macie

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Jessica07

--
    07 Mar 2010 09:18 PM
    I look forward to reading more; thanks Michelle.
    Coastie Hopeful 2011 ~ Semper Paratus!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    lollipop

--
    07 Mar 2010 09:47 PM
    So, do we just check the site every now and then and hope for an update? Or will someone let us know when there is a new update? I'd like to follow along but don't know if I'm one of those 12 followers yet! :)

Proud mom of a recruit currently at boot camp! 

Proud mom of SN Daniel Cable - ALFA 183 
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ltate

--
    07 Mar 2010 09:54 PM
    My daughter is onboard Polar Sea....they did the same thing during their last science trip to the Arctic. I was a follower of the blog but was never notified when a new update was posted. I had to check every now and then to see when a new journal entry was posted. I'm assuming it'll be the same with Michelle's deal. Anyway, good luck Michelle and we'll be looking forward to reading about your adventures.

Laurie

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    BBODJ

--
    07 Mar 2010 10:00 PM
    If any of you have Gmail, there is something called Google Reader, or you can have it post to a Google Homepage. You can subscribe to Michelle's blog - or any others - and be notified when there is a new post... but that is only useful advice if you have a Gmail account!

Michelle - hope patrol goes well! Be safe, enjoy the sights, and have some fun!

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    levyii

--
    08 Mar 2010 02:39 AM
    I will try to log on to this site whenever I make a new post and let all you folks know when to check it. If I am able to post the blog, I will be able to post on here. Internet connection is slow at best when underway. Thanks for following guys and enjoy the reading!!

BM3 Levesque, Michelle
    USCGC Rush
    Honolulu, HI

There is a tide in the affairs of men, Which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune.
    Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries.
    On such a full sea are we now afloat.
    ~William Shakespeare~

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    levyii

--
    10 Mar 2010 06:54 AM
    Stand by for a blog post in the next few days....boat broke and we came back to Hawaii....*sigh*

BM3 Levesque, Michelle
    USCGC Rush
    Honolulu, HI

There is a tide in the affairs of men, Which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune.
    ~William Shakespeare~

Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    10 Mar 2010 01:13 PM
    On Colin's last patrol they cruised all the way to Mayport Naval Base in Florida on one engine. Main 1 never did fire... they were stuck in Jacksonville for about 6 days waiting on parts. Keeping in mind that they had 100 days in dry dock and then 3 months back at the dock in Boston and still the boat broke! You're right... *sigh*.

I hope you get that bucket moving soon! :)

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    texasdad

--
    10 Mar 2010 02:40 PM
    By the way, you have more followers than listed. I am following along and I didn't log to the site.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    sfaulkner

--
    10 Mar 2010 04:28 PM
    I'm a follower. This is great.... my son was just assigned to the USCGC Jarvis. He graduates os school in April, then boat school for a week, home to Texas for a little r and r and then off to Honolulu! Can't wait to visit Honolulu!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    levyii

--
    11 Mar 2010 01:05 AM
    New post up!!

BM3 Levesque, Michelle
    USCGC Rush
    Honolulu, HI

~William Shakespeare~

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    levyii

--
    31 Mar 2010 11:42 PM
    I apologize for how long it's been and not having made a post on the blog. I recently was breaking in on yet another qualification and was standing double watches. between that and our operations tempo I haven't been able to get online. I promise, something is coming!

BM3 Levesque, Michelle
    USCGC Rush
    Honolulu, HI

~William Shakespeare~

texasdad

--
    01 Apr 2010 01:46 PM
    OK, We'll keep watching----
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    01 Apr 2010 10:43 PM
    We're waiting for a post but we also understand the stresses of the job and the craziness of watch standing. I got an email from Colin that simply said his day was long & he just wanted to take a shower & go to bed. So we're waiting but we're patient. :)

Hope you are doing well and seeing some great sights!

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island

---
    Active Forums 4.3