PSU 305
Last Post 21 Jul 2016 09:11 PM by CPORJM. 3 Replies.
Author Messages
DCAMBP

--
20 Jul 2016 09:16 AM
    Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as a POC goes for PSU 305.
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    20 Jul 2016 11:12 AM
    Are you looking to enlist and you want to learn about the unit, or are you already in the CG and are looking to PCS?
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    DCAMBP

--
    21 Jul 2016 07:20 AM
    I am looking to enlist, prior service and current Fed LEO. I just wanted to get the low down straight from someone at the unit before I start making some decisions. And thank you sir for the response, I notice you are consistently posting on here and helping out. 

I am obviously interested in the ME rate, however I have a feeling that there are not any openings at the unit and or in the rate. I guess I will be reaching out to a recruiter soon to find out. 
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    21 Jul 2016 09:11 PM
    Understand a PSU has a has a good probability of deploying. I was with PSU 311 for a few years and ended up in the Mid East for awhile. Had I not transferred out of the unit, I would have deployed overseas a number of more times. Now that their Mid East mission is over, Guantanamo is the primary mission.

As far as the ME rating goes, you will not be doing any real LE no matter where you're assigned. At a PSU, you'll be doing physical security. If you were to end up at a Sector, you'd be doing security boardings of container ships, tankers, and the occasional cruise ship.

If your're looking for something to really utilize your civilian skill set, I'd suggest the IV rating. Reservists in this rating are assigned to Coast Guard Investigative Service (CGIS) detachments. One thing to know is that these openings don't come along very often, but there may be openings where you are. If you have any questions about this rating, let me know. It's what I've been doing for the last 11 of my 15 years in the CGR.

Regards
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift

---
    Active Forums 4.3