After over a year of gathering paperwork, I got the okay to come down to MEPS for the 2 day physical. I currently work as a patrol police officer in VA and am aiming for the DEPOT program. I’ve been with the Police Dept for 5 years and would like to land an IV or ME postition, primarily IV though. I have several questions related to the DEPOT program.
* DEPOT is 3 weeks and then you report directly to your job without A school. Will there be any other training at FLETC for ME or IV? I would like to know an idea of how long I’d be gone so I can give me current employer a heads up.
* DEPOT is described as programs for 27-40 year olds. I’m 26 with 5 years of LE experience and some college. Would this still disqualify me based on age?
* if I shoot for an IV position, is there a clearance required?
* For MEPS - I am 6’2 231 lbs. Based on BMI, I’m overweight. I stay active in the gym and mainly focus on weight lifting. I don’t suspect my body fat percentage to be over the required maximum. How do they calculate body fat percentage if you exceed BMI?
* For MEPS - I’ve taken the ASVAB in high school which was years ago. I’ll have to retake it. Everyone knows cops can’t do math. I’m studying currently. I’d like to know what score I need on the ASVAB to secure an IV or ME position. And if anyone has any tips to prepare for the ASVAB.
* Lastly, the physical has a 100 meter swim. I live in a rural area that doesn’t really have any pools nearby. With that being said, I’ve always been a decent swimmer. Would running and HIIT training prepare me enough for the swim Since I don’t have a pool nearby?
I appreciate any answers to my questions in advance. I’m excited to get the ball rolling and become part of the USCG!!!