USCG Forum
Entrance into the Reserve
Last Post 23 Jul 2018 02:15 PM by CPORJM. 3 Replies.
Author Messages
bga20

--
22 Jul 2018 02:43 PM
    I am hoping there is an available ME position here in Georgia. I'm currently a senior in college and I have a 2.93 GPA because of being dumb my freshman year. Physically I can achieve greater than the minimum standards but I guess I just need my mind eased that my GPA wont be a killer going the enlisted route. Thank you guys for your time.
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    22 Jul 2018 03:59 PM
    As long as you have a HS diploma, you can enlist.

https://www.gocoastguard.com/reserve-careers/enlisted-careers/reserve-enlisted-programs
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    bga20

--
    22 Jul 2018 06:32 PM
    Thanks for the reply! Another question I have is if the job I want is not available in my current state am I able to join in another state?
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    23 Jul 2018 02:15 PM
    You can, but you're on the hook for any travel over 100 miles round trip. I don't recommend this for junior members as it can take a real bite out of your monthly pay
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift

---
    Active Forums 4.3