Question RE: TN
Last Post 16 Jun 2009 05:23 PM by wepprop. 6 Replies.
Author Messages
BNA2LON

--
12 Apr 2009 12:36 AM
    I am in Middle TN and wondered where the CG Reserve opportunities are in TN and KY. I am thinking about the reserves.

Unfortunately I don't have enough college to qualify for the Accelerated Petty Officer program, but am wondering if I might be able to go in as enlisted and move up when I do finish college. (I'm 38 now, so I'm barely under the age limit as it is, so I can't finish college first).
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    12 Apr 2009 01:35 PM
    This page lists Reserve Opportunties by state.
    BNA2LON

--
    12 Apr 2009 02:46 PM
    Thanks - I did see that but didn't see any further info on where the locations are. I understand that you have to be within a certain geographical distance to qualify.
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    12 Apr 2009 03:38 PM
    Well, I can't tell you where they are located either. I can tell you that the Coast Guard has two facilities that I know of in Tennessee, one on Memphis and one in Oak Hill, just south of Fort Donelson on the Tennessee River. They also have two facilities in Kentucky that I know of, one in Hickman on the Mississippi and one in Owensboro on the Ohio. Wish I could help more...
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    pixs hubby

--
    15 Jun 2009 11:36 AM
    In Ky one in Paducah And also for Tn around Paris Landing. These along with list from Wepprop are all I know of off hand. Good luck
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    noregrets

--
    16 Jun 2009 04:46 AM
    A friend of mine is from the Ashland, KY area. She said that her father has dealt a little with the Coast Guard & waterways in the area. Honestly, I have no idea what she's talking about... but that's okay - it sounds a little too far out of your way. I didn't realize there was something in Owensboro! Wow, that's only an hour from here.

Sara

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    -- Gandhi

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    16 Jun 2009 05:23 PM
    CGC OBION (WLR-65503) ties up about two miles upriver from Owensboro, Ky.

---
    Active Forums 4.3