REBI Qualification
Last Post 29 Apr 2009 12:08 PM by chukles. 1 Replies.
Author Messages
cypherja

--
29 Apr 2009 09:53 AM
    I am 30 years old, have a 2 year Associates Degree, have worked in the natural gas engineering field for the past 8.5 years, have been a vol. firefighter for 13 years (5 of which I was an EMT) and am a member of the Coast Guard Auxiliary.  I have no prior military experience.

Would the above circumstances qualify me for REBI, or would I have to undergo the full 8 week boot camp?

Thanks,
    - Jason
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    29 Apr 2009 12:08 PM
    Due to a variety of reserve programs, it is hard to answer that question without more information. I would lean towards yes, you will attend the 8 week boot camp. That could change depending on your skill set as an Auxiliarist. Your best bet for the most accurate information will be your local recruiter. Give them a call and let them know what skills you have! Worst case scenario, 8 weeks, best case scenario 2 weeks!

Hope this helps.

Vr,
    Chuck

Recruiting Website

Read here for answers to the most often asked questions about joining the Coast Guard!

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.

---
    Active Forums 4.3