USCG Forum
April 2018 DCO Board
Last Post 21 Mar 2019 02:21 PM by sculton12. 207 Replies.
Author Messages
kirkaland

--
20 Apr 2018 03:21 PM
    Anyone else on here got packets in the DCO board that meets Monday? I'm a Army UH-60 pilot applying for DCA.
    RealQuick

--
    23 Apr 2018 10:14 AM
    I got my packet in for DCE, fresh outta college and first time applying so fingers crossed, good luck to you.
    no_squelch

--
    23 Apr 2018 10:34 AM
    Same. I put in for DCE. Any bets on when we’ll hear results?
    RealQuick

--
    23 Apr 2018 10:48 AM
    Ha I have no idea, I've read anywhere from 3 weeks to more than a month
    Rossi206

--
    23 Apr 2018 12:22 PM
    This is my second attempt, I was the first alternate for PTMO for the October board. Still hoping they call up some alternates. We didn't get the unofficial results until early December (couple weeks late) and the official results were posted in March (couple months late). Hopefully the results won't take as long to be posted this time around.
    PortNotStarboard

--
    04 May 2018 09:15 AM
    Good morning, all -

This is my third look, I applied in 2015 and wasn't selected. I applied again this board, 23 APR and I've heard the selection rate is going up. A few years back it was the lowest level on record for the program. I'm active duty Army with fixed and rotor wing ratings.

Anyone heard any gouge on this round's notification timeline?

My buddy was on the last board (and selected), results took approximately 1.5-2 months for (unofficial) notification.

kirkaland

--
    04 May 2018 11:05 AM
    Posted By PortNotStarboard on 04 May 2018 10:15 AM
    Good morning, all -

This is my third look, I applied in 2015 and wasn't selected. I applied again this board, 23 APR and I've heard the selection rate is going up. A few years back it was the lowest level on record for the program. I'm active duty Army with fixed and rotor wing ratings.

Anyone heard any gouge on this round's notification timeline?

My buddy was on the last board (and selected), results took approximately 1.5-2 months for (unofficial) notification.

Yeah, I heard the same about selection rate from a friend at Recruiting Command. I had a buddy who was also a non-select two years ago when they picked up 4 people all year as well. Haven't heard anything about notification. I'm hoping that was a fluke due to holidays and such and it's closer to one month.
    bucs18

--
    07 May 2018 01:45 PM
    Do alternates from previous boards historically get picked up? I was fourth on the alternate list for the October DCO board, and didn't know if that would at all better my chances for selection this time around.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Andisoss

--
    08 May 2018 09:43 AM
    Do alternates from previous boards historically get picked up? I was fourth on the alternate list for the October DCO board, and didn't know if that would at all better my chances for selection this time around.

I have said this before, but I will say it again. The ONLY way a panel knows that you are reapplying is if you put it in your narrative or your recruiter indicates it in the comments section of your package. It is VERY important that you do that as these selection panels love it when people are not discouraged because they were not selected the first time around.

As for how many ALTs get picked up, it depends on the program. They tend to "clear" the ALT list for DCE, but not so much PTMO or DCA.
    RealQuick

--
    08 May 2018 12:35 PM
    By "clear" do you mean they ended up getting picked up for DCE?
    Wonderwall

--
    14 May 2018 12:28 PM
    I am a first time applicant for DCIO. I have applied for OCS in the past and have been selected as an alternate but never got the call. Good luck to all! Hope to hear something soon!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Andisoss

--
    16 May 2018 03:40 PM
    Yes. It means every DCE (Primary and Alt) were picked up. The good news for anyone applying for any officer program right now is that we are short on officers, so the chances of selection should be increasing.
    zlawson

--
    16 May 2018 07:12 PM
    None of the DCE alternates got picked up from the October 2017 boards. I was #9 on the alternate list. I was kind of surprised no one got picked up as previous boards they did.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Andisoss

--
    18 May 2018 01:54 PM
    Posted By zlawson on 16 May 2018 08:12 PM
    None of the DCE alternates got picked up from the October 2017 boards. I was #9 on the alternate list. I was kind of surprised no one got picked up as previous boards they did.

That is not true at all. I know several alternates on that list who were selected and are being commissioned next month. When was last time you spoke with your recruiter?
    JAndreL

--
    19 May 2018 06:06 AM
    This is my first time applying to the DCO board, so hoping to hear something soon. Not sure how my package may stack up to others but I wish you all the best of luck. Does anyone know if after selection if your incoming rank is set in stone? I mean ive picked up CAP and CISSP since submission, but unfortunately could not add them to my package. Thanks and best of luck!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Andisoss

--
    19 May 2018 07:43 AM
    Posted By JAndreL on 19 May 2018 07:06 AM
    This is my first time applying to the DCO board, so hoping to hear something soon. Not sure how my package may stack up to others but I wish you all the best of luck. Does anyone know if after selection if your incoming rank is set in stone? I mean ive picked up CAP and CISSP since submission, but unfortunately could not add them to my package. Thanks and best of luck!

The only time I have ever seen a DCE come in as a higher rank than ENS was when the guy had a PhD in Computer Science. To be honest with you, you do not want to skip being an Ensign. You are only an Ensign for 18 months and it is an automatic promotion to LTJG assuming you do not kill anyone or get a DUI in that time frame. But more importantly, being an Ensign gives you time to learn about the Coast Guard and affords the luxury of being able to make (minor) mistakes without it having an overly negative impact on your career. If you show up as an LTJG, the expectation level is going to be a lot higher for you.
    zlawson

--
    19 May 2018 08:05 AM
    I spoke with him about 2 weeks ago regarding the April board. Do you know how many got picked up?
    JAndreL

--
    20 May 2018 01:37 AM
    Thanks for the quick feedback, no PhD, but looking to start this year and just excited my 8 years of Cyber in the AF will transfer over, so ill take that all the same. Thanks!
    RealQuick

--
    22 May 2018 07:35 AM
    Has anyone got a phone call yet? This week makes 4 weeks hopefully we get a call soon.
    kirkaland

--
    22 May 2018 10:05 AM
    Posted By RealQuick on 22 May 2018 08:35 AM
    Has anyone got a phone call yet? This week makes 4 weeks hopefully we get a call soon.

Nope, no news. Talked to my recruiter yesterday. He said the DCO board results take a while to be made official, and I know for the last board it was closer to 2 months than 1 so it'll probably be another couple weeks.
    PortNotStarboard

--
    22 May 2018 12:36 PM
    Funny story: my recruiter accidentally called me about 2 weeks ago. So naturally, I thought it was the “the call”. When I called him back he had a good laugh and said it would be a few more weeks. 

To make it more unbearable, a guy I work with joked with me: “the coast guard knows right now...but you don’t.”

jbsmith91

--
    25 May 2018 06:40 PM
    I’ve got a recruiter buddy who said the outlook before we submitted was 30 applicants apply and 15 get accepted. But after he got that they later came out that we’re short a lot of junior officers so maybe the numbers will go up.
    PortNotStarboard

--
    28 May 2018 08:14 AM
    How are these seats distributed among the the programs? Like, 10 DCA, 5 IO? I was optimist for a call last week but I’m thinking it will be first week of June. 

Hope you’re all enjoying a long weekend!
    jbsmith91

--
    28 May 2018 10:58 AM
    DCE 15, DCA 27, DCSS 7, DCL 14, PTMO 5, DCIO 5, DCPA 3. This is what was projected for primary slots but it can always change from the release of the info and the evolving needs of the service. I applied DCE.
    PortNotStarboard

--
    28 May 2018 01:56 PM
    Man I hope that’s for this April’s board and not the fiscal year...
    Bmcalis

--
    28 May 2018 07:17 PM
    Seems likely that the 27 DCA (if accurate) would be for all of PY 19...only 11 DCA applicants were primary selectees from that last DCO board. So, by extension, likely that same goes for the other programs? I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s anxious...sure seems like the suspense is killing everyone!
    PortNotStarboard

--
    29 May 2018 11:37 AM
    From what I could gather on the OCT17 board for DCA, 11/11 applicants selected with no alternates. If the breakdown is 27 DCA for the year, expecting a split would mean there might be 12-15 spots this go around. Hopefully the trend holds and the pickup rate is the same (100%?). I don’t want to say it’s that good because I don’t know what the board decides.

jbsmith91

--
    29 May 2018 01:55 PM
    It’s fiscal year numbers.
    maritimeacademycadet12345

--
    29 May 2018 02:56 PM
    Has anyone heard about numbers for MARGRAD applicants?
    jbsmith91

--
    29 May 2018 03:20 PM
    Bmcalis

--
    31 May 2018 09:33 AM
    Anyone receive any news yet? Day 39...
    Bmcalis

--
    31 May 2018 09:33 AM
    zlawson

--
    31 May 2018 09:44 AM
    Posted By Bmcalis on 31 May 2018 10:33 AM

I havent heard anything. Ive been constantly checking here and my phone for the past 2 weeks
    Bmcalis

--
    31 May 2018 10:36 AM
    You and me both...and I assume the rest of this forum!  Good luck to all.  What an amazing service opportunity.
    kirkaland

--
    31 May 2018 11:03 AM
    Posted By Bmcalis on 31 May 2018 11:36 AM
    You and me both...and I assume the rest of this forum!  Good luck to all.  What an amazing service opportunity.

Probably a safe assumption. As I'm on the west coast I log on here every morning before I come in hoping that the news has hit the east coast first haha. Surely it can't be that much longer but my recruiter did say to expect up to 2 months so that'd be another 3 weeks.
    Bmcalis

--
    31 May 2018 11:18 AM
    Well welcome to the party West Coasties!
    Had a buddy picked up last board who was notified at 8 weeks. But he was told that the delay was due to the Hurricanes. Makes sense, since he was also interviewed in El Paso by a panel from the east cost for the same reason. Feedback from selectees from previous boards seems to indicate 6 week notifications are about average to me. Does anyone else have a different perspective?

PortNotStarboard

--
    31 May 2018 12:59 PM
    My perspective is based on the rejection letter coming at 8 weeks instead of the acceptance call...

Any bets on tomorrow, Friday 1 June for acceptance calls? Great way to start of the weekend!
    Bmcalis

--
    31 May 2018 02:13 PM
    That would be great especially for the affected families!
    bucs18

--
    01 Jun 2018 06:22 PM
    JBsmith,

Was this a response to how many MARGRAD's are in the FY19 budget?

A friend of mine went through DCO in January... she heard on 07 June. 

jbsmith91

--
    02 Jun 2018 10:15 AM
    All the numbers I posted are for fy18
    jbsmith91

--
    04 Jun 2018 10:55 AM
    Where are these results. I just want to know if I need to reapply yet.
    zlawson

--
    04 Jun 2018 11:50 AM
    Posted By jbsmith91 on 04 Jun 2018 11:55 AM
    Where are these results. I just want to know if I need to reapply yet.

This is my 2nd time applying. I dont know why it takes them so long. I just want to know already too!
    Bmcalis

--
    04 Jun 2018 04:37 PM
    I imagine the incoming Commandant will want to ensure that his DCO program conforms with his guiding priorities. The 01JUN ALCOAST didn’t directly reference DCO but I wonder if that partially explains the delay.
    Bmcalis

--
    05 Jun 2018 10:43 AM
    Recruiter called today to say that the holdup likely does have some relationship to the commandant’s change of command and that although the board has made their decision, recruiters have NOT been notified yet of the results. He said many times the results are merely awaiting appropriate signature and that he suspects that is also the case for the April DCO board. The recruiters at his office are hoping to receive results before 15 June but don’t know for sure.
    Might help with the waiting (especially if this is not your first attempt) to know that you are not in the dark alone - we are still all in the same boat.
    I’m planning to submit updates for the next board just in case. (15 June is deadline) good way to pass the time!
    jbsmith91

--
    05 Jun 2018 04:12 PM
    Just feel like I should start that next packet. Anyone’s recruiter talk about higher selection rates or anything of the sort?
    PortNotStarboard

--
    05 Jun 2018 09:46 PM
    I noticed the dates for the next FY boards are posted already. Seems they are all about 1 month earlier throughout the year. That June deadline is coming fast! Hard to believe the next deadline is so close and the April results are not released yet. My bet is for Friday again this week! Just seems like it would be a good time to find out!
    maritimeacademycadet12345

--
    07 Jun 2018 02:40 PM
    Has anyone heard anything yet? I remember someone mentioning a 7 JUN date
    zlawson

--
    07 Jun 2018 02:55 PM
    Posted By maritimeacademycadet12345 on 07 Jun 2018 03:40 PM
    Has anyone heard anything yet? I remember someone mentioning a 7 JUN date
    Unfortunately no. They're going to have a lot of applicants for the next board if they havent told people they are in yet. 

jbsmith91

--
    08 Jun 2018 09:04 AM
    I’m turning in a packet for the next board today.
    jbsmith91

--
    08 Jun 2018 10:02 AM
    My recruiter just informed me DCO results will be taking 4-6 months. The wait goes on.
    kirkaland

--
    08 Jun 2018 10:04 AM
    Posted By jbsmith91 on 08 Jun 2018 11:02 AM
    My recruiter just informed me DCO results will be taking 4-6 months. The wait goes on.

Months??
    jbsmith91

--
    08 Jun 2018 12:02 PM
    Posted By kirkaland on 08 Jun 2018 11:04 AM

Months??

Yep. Months. So found out all DCO selection go through the CG chain of command then up through department of homeland security to the secretary and then back down. So it can take 4-6 months. Also learned that the selection board gives each memeber 12 minutes with a packet then on to the next.
    kirkaland

--
    08 Jun 2018 12:29 PM
    Posted By jbsmith91 on 08 Jun 2018 01:02 PM
    Posted By kirkaland on 08 Jun 2018 11:04 AM

Months??

Yep. Months. So found out all DCO selection go through the CG chain of command then up through department of homeland security to the secretary and then back down. So it can take 4-6 months. Also learned that the selection board gives each memeber 12 minutes with a packet then on to the next.

Talked to my recruiter as well because 6 months makes no sense. I know for a fact that people in the last board found out about 2 months after the board. If it was 6 months we'd be finding out at the end of October, which makes no sense given all that has to happen on the CG side between notification and us showing up at DCO school in January. He called "the guy" who also told him 6 months, but my recruiter said the same thing, he had a guy on the last DCO board and it took about 2 months. So probably another few weeks.
    Bmcalis

--
    08 Jun 2018 01:49 PM
    I believe 6 months like I believe the Cavs will win the finals this year.
    zlawson

--
    08 Jun 2018 03:48 PM
    I called my recruiter and he told me at least 4 months. That is ridiculous since there are only so many boards a year. They are going to lose a lot of great applicants. A lot of people will not want to wait half a year to hear then wait more months to actually commission when other branches will tell you the same day if you have received a commission. 4-6 months thats crazy talk.
    Bmcalis

--
    08 Jun 2018 04:10 PM
    Lol folks just hang in there and don’t freak out. Neither 4 or 6 months is believable, but even if it were, it would still be worth it.
    PortNotStarboard

--
    13 Jun 2018 11:51 AM
    How is everyone doing as we wait out day 52? I’m staying optimistic for a notification on Friday. Hopefully, it will be this Friday.

Hang in there!
    Turtleguy89

--
    13 Jun 2018 12:41 PM
    Hanging in there and hoping to see/hear some news soon... This wait is... pretty typical of the Coast Guard, I've come to  learn.
    kirkaland

--
    13 Jun 2018 02:03 PM
    Yeah we're right at the timeline from the last DCO board (16 October to 06 December) so really should be any day now.
    kirkaland

--
    14 Jun 2018 08:30 PM
    Talked to my recruiter today. The dco results are still waiting for the Commandant's approval. Once they get that they still need to go up to the Secretary of the DHS, which it may take up to another month for it to go up and come all the way back down.
    ThirdRay

--
    18 Jun 2018 12:45 PM
    Talked to my recruiter today. The dco results are still waiting for the Commandant's approval. Once they get that they still need to go up to the Secretary of the DHS, which it may take up to another month for it to go up and come all the way back down.

I don't know for sure but I'd imagine once the Commandant signs off, we'd get word of the "unofficial" results. Having Sec. Nielsen sign would be a formality since I can't imagine a scenario where she wouldn't rubber stamp. It was like that for the USMC OCS board. We got the call from our OSO almost a month before the official letter and orders came down.

Anyway, since I've been lurking on here for two months, I figured I'd say hi give you all a heart attack with a new post that might be someone getting word, but isn't.
    jbsmith91

--
    18 Jun 2018 05:14 PM
    It would be awesome if your not on the list they go ahead and tell you. I mean if you didn’t make it the commandant and secretary aren’t changing that. Just let me down early. The wait is killer. Did get my packet in last Friday for the next panel.
    kirkaland

--
    19 Jun 2018 01:48 PM
    Posted By ThirdRay on 18 Jun 2018 01:45 PM 

I don't know for sure but I'd imagine once the Commandant signs off, we'd get word of the "unofficial" results. Having Sec. Nielsen sign would be a formality since I can't imagine a scenario where she wouldn't rubber stamp. It was like that for the USMC OCS board. We got the call from our OSO almost a month before the official letter and orders came down.

Talked to a friend at recruiting command, this is the case so whenever the Commandant approves the results they'll be released to recruiters.
    Bmcalis

--
    20 Jun 2018 06:45 PM
    While we are all still waiting, if you haven’t seen the timeline from the April 2017 DCO board it’s worth looking at. http://www.uscg.org/Forum/aft/29991.aspx

Seems they were unofficially notified at the end of Jun and official results weren’t posted to the internet until 18 JUL.
    PortNotStarboard

--
    21 Jun 2018 09:26 AM
    Well...here’s to hoping (again) for a call this Friday!
    jbsmith91

--
    22 Jun 2018 01:23 PM
    Posted By PortNotStarboard on 21 Jun 2018 10:26 AM
    Well...here’s to hoping (again) for a call this Friday!

And another Friday down.
    Clamyman

--
    25 Jun 2018 03:16 PM
    Also been lurking on here since April, thought I would say hey. I got a good feeling about this week.
    ThirdRay

--
    26 Jun 2018 08:05 AM
    I got a good feeling about this week.

Me too, it would fit the timeline from the April 17 board, although they didn't have a Commandant change at the same time. Fingers crossed.
    PortNotStarboard

--
    26 Jun 2018 10:14 AM
    I’ve been watching the number of views increase for this thread over the past few weeks. Half of them are likely from me alone.
    ThirdRay

--
    26 Jun 2018 10:39 AM
    yeah I mean I don't check every hour at all. Nope, not me.
    Drandall3

--
    28 Jun 2018 01:03 PM
    Still waiting... I thought they would come out this week for sure. I applied for the fall board and was an ALT select for PTMO.
    Bmcalis

--
    28 Jun 2018 01:19 PM
    Just another post so those of us who check every hour have something new to look at. If we get in, I vote for meeting up in New London a day early. First round of drinks are on me!
    Clamyman

--
    28 Jun 2018 01:36 PM
    Honestly, I really appreciate this. Not getting results is bad enough, but not having anything new to read makes it that much worse. Second round on me!
    c.surg

--
    28 Jun 2018 06:37 PM
    I'll be the dd, lol! Thought I would check in since I too have been silently stocking this thread for a while. I applied for PTMO as well.
    Turtleguy89

--
    29 Jun 2018 06:13 AM
    Today is the day, right? Right? I'm all for a celebration later, but the wait is nearly driving me to drink now.
    Bmcalis

--
    29 Jun 2018 10:44 AM
    Yep I know exactly what you are taking about. If I have a fourth Chocolate milk today, it’s gonna be brutal. You can only drink so much Chocolate milk.
    Clamyman

--
    29 Jun 2018 11:42 AM
    My recruiter called me today.......because he mixed me up with another guy with a similar name.
    Clamyman

--
    29 Jun 2018 11:42 AM
    My recruiter called me today.......because he mixed me up with another guy with a similar name.
    ThirdRay

--
    29 Jun 2018 12:29 PM
    Posted By Clamyman on 29 Jun 2018 12:42 PM

Bmcalis

--
    29 Jun 2018 01:59 PM
    What was he going to tell the other guy?
    c.surg

--
    29 Jun 2018 06:20 PM
    That's rough bro. I can't even get ahold of my recruiting office.
    Clamyman

--
    29 Jun 2018 06:34 PM
    You do know that you have to pass height and weight if you get approved haha. But you make a good point, waiting on life decisions is the hard part right now. This board is in between a potential career with the coast guard or volunteering for a deployment.
    c.surg

--
    29 Jun 2018 08:18 PM
    Haha, you saw that post? I thought I had deleted it because I couldn't get my reply to a previous message to work. You gotta treat yourself every once in a while, lol. That sucks though that you have an opportunity to deploy but are in limbo. My command was making some billet changes so I had to notify them early about my intentions to transfer to the CG. So now I get asked constantly if I have been selected. Funny thing though is, I thought I was going to get harrased by everyone about it, but everyone has said they wished they had joined the CG, lol.
    Drandall3

--
    02 Jul 2018 12:34 PM
    Anyone? Anything?? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.
    ThirdRay

--
    02 Jul 2018 01:48 PM
    Nothing here. Whats the leave for the 4th looking like for the guys who are in right now? I'm pretty sure the holiday isn't going to do us any favors in the making this happen faster department.
    Clamyman

--
    02 Jul 2018 02:23 PM
    Well if its anything like my current organization, nobody will be working till Monday. Then you have to worry about leave for the recruiters involved. So yeah, I am just going to check back next week. Crazy pills for sure.
    PortNotStarboard

--
    02 Jul 2018 07:36 PM
    I figured I would make the obligatory post just to keep the excitement going. I’m anxiously checking the mail when I get home from work and the forum throughout the day. Count me in for meeting the day prior to it starting. Maybe we can get some morale T-shirts made: “I survived the wait.” Any other logo ideas??? Hang in there guys!
    CaptainHook

--
    03 Jul 2018 08:08 PM
    The list should be out, ppl will still need to sign and accept, but my recruiter called me earlier and let me know I was selected. Best of luck and call your recruiters once they return from the break!
    Drandall3

--
    03 Jul 2018 08:39 PM
    This isn’t a joke. Is it?
    c.surg

--
    03 Jul 2018 09:33 PM
    Anyone else get notified? I talked to the recruiter today and all he said was the results should be out any day.
    CaptainHook

--
    03 Jul 2018 09:33 PM
    Serious!!! I think everyone should know Friday or Monday, but the official letters may still need to come out...still your recruiter will probably have an answer for you if they can check email or whatever. I didn't get notified until almost 7PM west Coast so im guessing most of them may of went home.
    DCA2017

--
    03 Jul 2018 09:47 PM
    I also was just notified by my Recruiter, I was selected as a primary for DCA. Good luck to all the others still waiting to hear.
    c.surg

--
    03 Jul 2018 10:15 PM
    Are recruiters back in thursday or friday?
    c.surg

--
    03 Jul 2018 10:17 PM
    and congrats to you both!
    Drandall3

--
    04 Jul 2018 05:49 AM
    I want to know!! Is there any way to get the results without our recruiter? I know mine will be off at least today.
    Bmcalis

--
    04 Jul 2018 06:18 AM
    Congrats to the two that said they got picked up here!
    jbsmith91

--
    04 Jul 2018 06:50 AM
    Is anyone able to get a pic of the list from their recruiter. I’m not trying to bug a 1st class on a holiday. SRl
    jbsmith91

--
    04 Jul 2018 06:50 AM
    Is anyone able to get a pic of the list from their recruiter. I’m not trying to bug a 1st class on a holiday. SRl
    jbsmith91

--
    04 Jul 2018 10:17 AM
    Anyone gotten a call?
    c.surg

--
    04 Jul 2018 10:40 AM
    From what I understand, the recruiter gets contacted directly or is notified in an all recruiting command message.  We don't have access to that recruiting message board.  So it looks like the wait continues for a little longer for some us. I think I will just go workout and blare some America music to dull the pain, lol.
    Bmcalis

--
    04 Jul 2018 10:46 AM
    ms-OCPZuf.gif
    kirkaland

--
    04 Jul 2018 10:48 AM
    Posted By jbsmith91 on 04 Jul 2018 11:17 AM
    Anyone gotten a call?

I'm reasonably certain that no one in recruiting is standing watch on the 4th. Try to enjoy the holiday with your friends and family and know that you'll hear something tomorrow or Friday at the latest.
    jbsmith91

--
    04 Jul 2018 10:54 AM
    8th alternate DCE. 9 of you feel free to take other job avenues lol
    RealQuick

--
    04 Jul 2018 11:06 AM
    Did you get a call JB or did someone send you a picture of the list?
    jbsmith91

--
    04 Jul 2018 11:12 AM
    Posted By RealQuick on 04 Jul 2018 12:06 PM
    Did you get a call JB or did someone send you a picture of the list?

I texted my recruiter and he checked his email.
    alaskacoastie85

--
    04 Jul 2018 02:32 PM
    jbsmith91 are you currently a Coastie? I just applied for DCE for the new one (Sept board date). I am currently an EM1 (E-6) in Alaska. Hoping for so luck on the first go around.
    Clamyman

--
    04 Jul 2018 03:47 PM
    I will be sitting on a lake in Alaska drinking a cold one and blaring the most abnoxious patriotic music with a smile on my face. But deep down in side I am screaming, because I know my fate is in an email. An email that is stuck in a recruiters mail box that won’t be opened till tomorrow, Friday, maybe even Monday.
    KSU

--
    04 Jul 2018 04:20 PM
    Hey Folks, I understand the pain of the wait! I am a DCA from the OCT 17 panel. I just checked the message boards and nothing is on there. If it's anything like my board the message will not come out until long after you are notified of the unofficial results. Currently at DCO school, so those of you who have questions about that, let me know either via PM or starting a new thread. Happy 4th to everyone and best of luck!
    c.surg

--
    04 Jul 2018 04:27 PM
    Posted By Clamyman on 04 Jul 2018 04:47 PM
    I will be sitting on a lake in Alaska drinking a cold one and blaring the most abnoxious patriotic music with a smile on my face. But deep down in side I am screaming, because I know my fate is in an email. An email that is stuck in a recruiters mail box that won’t be opened till tomorrow, Friday, maybe even Monday.

Well said and this is exactly how I'm feeling.
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    04 Jul 2018 09:29 PM
    You've all applied to be officers in the CG, a branch of the US military, and yet you're all acting like a bunch of high school sophomores waiting to find out if they made the baseball team. You'll find out when your recruiters tell you.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    jbsmith91

--
    05 Jul 2018 05:40 AM
    Posted By alaskacoastie85 on 04 Jul 2018 03:32 PM
    jbsmith91 are you currently a Coastie? I just applied for DCE for the new one (Sept board date). I am currently an EM1 (E-6) in Alaska. Hoping for so luck on the first go around.

I’m an ET2 down in Charleston. Where in Alaska? I was on the Douglas Munro as a 3rd.
    I’d be the biggest high school sophomore if it means I get a commission. That should be the class shirt. Make it look like a sophomore team jersey. Congrats to all those who will make the 1st round. Now the wait starts for the alternates and the official message. 
    Drandall3

--
    05 Jul 2018 08:08 AM
    Just got the call! I was selected PTMO!!! Good luck everyone!
    kirkaland

--
    05 Jul 2018 09:52 AM
    Just got the call when my recruiter (in PST) got in to his office. Got picked up as a primary select for DCA. Congrats to everyone else!
    c.surg

--
    05 Jul 2018 10:31 AM
    Congratulations!
    Clamyman

--
    05 Jul 2018 10:52 AM
    In my time as as a junior officer and a commanding officer in the Army, if I know one thing is true. Where there is a gaggle of people waiting, we all act like high school sophomores. It comes with the “hurry up and wait mentality”. It comes from the enlisted and officers alike, nothing wrong with it. 

alaskacoastie85

--
    05 Jul 2018 11:01 AM
    I'm at Sector Anchorage. I've looked back through the years and it seems the alternates almost always get picked up. For the most part. Good luck!
    jbsmith91

--
    05 Jul 2018 11:09 AM
    Posted By alaskacoastie85 on 05 Jul 2018 12:01 PM
    I'm at Sector Anchorage. I've looked back through the years and it seems the alternates almost always get picked up. For the most part. Good luck!

Last DCE the list moved up 11 spots by the time the official list posted. My friend was 15 alternate at unofficial and 4 alternate by the official.
    Rossi206

--
    05 Jul 2018 12:47 PM
    #1 alternate for PTMO for the second time... No PTMO alternates were picked up in the November 2017 board. I'll reapply in a year or two after I complete my company command time. Congrats to everyone that made it.

RealQuick

--
    05 Jul 2018 03:36 PM
    Still nothing from my recruiter, I figured she's on leave.
    Wonderwall

--
    06 Jul 2018 08:13 AM
    My recruiter is out on leave as well so I called the recruiting office and spoke to another recruiter. I was selected as a primary for DCIO! Congrats to everyone who made it and I hope those of you that haven’t found out find out sooner then later! Don’t give up if you didn’t get picked up this time!
    PBR123

--
    06 Jul 2018 09:55 AM
    Ladies and gentlemen, if you can't get ahold of your recruiter/recruiting office, just call another office.  All the recruiters have access to the message.  Just ask where your name is on the list and you should have an answer today.  If one office can't pull up the list, call another.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Andisoss

--
    07 Jul 2018 05:36 AM
    Posted By PBR123 on 06 Jul 2018 10:55 AM
    Ladies and gentlemen, if you can't get ahold of your recruiter/recruiting office, just call another office.  All the recruiters have access to the message.  Just ask where your name is on the list and you should have an answer today.  If one office can't pull up the list, call another.

As a former recruiter, I would be very pissed off if you called another office behind my back. Just call the office you are working with and ask to speak to the Recruiter in Charge.
    redlightport

--
    07 Jul 2018 08:20 AM
    Does anybody know if the First Round list is still good? I was picked as a low alternate from the first round list and just found out that the person above me declined the commission a week ago. I still haven't received a call from my recruiter about either round
    jbsmith91

--
    07 Jul 2018 12:32 PM
    Posted By redlightport on 07 Jul 2018 09:20 AM
    Does anybody know if the First Round list is still good? I was picked as a low alternate from the first round list and just found out that the person above me declined the commission a week ago. I still haven't received a call from my recruiter about either round

The unofficial list won’t change. But that’s their whole point. So they will get in touch with all the primaries and some people do turn it down. Happened with a shipmate of mine. Once that’s all ironed out and they finalize the primaries an official list/message will be released of primaries and alternates. From then then things don’t typically change but some people still drop or become disqualified before commissioning. What list was that person on? Call your recruiting office.
    redlightport

--
    07 Jul 2018 04:44 PM
    I meant if the alternate selections from the first board, October 2017, are still viable. I read that the selections are still good until the Secretary of Homeland Defense signs the Official list, which I think won't be for another month or so. Just asking to confirm that this is true
    jbsmith91

--
    07 Jul 2018 11:57 PM
    Posted By redlightport on 07 Jul 2018 05:44 PM
    I meant if the alternate selections from the first board, October 2017, are still viable. I read that the selections are still good until the Secretary of Homeland Defense signs the Official list, which I think won't be for another month or so. Just asking to confirm that this is true

So all the selectees from the October list have taken their commission. And the Sec of Homeland has signed off on all the primaries and alternates for ours. So alternates can move to primary but someone who isn’t on the unofficial won’t be added. It’s called the unofficial because they have to get all the first round primaries to say yay or nay
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Andisoss

--
    08 Jul 2018 06:01 AM
    In regards to alternate selections, what you guys are saying is partially correct. One major factor for DCE is how many senior cadets at the academy are projected to graduate with an Electrical Engineering Degree (which would make them a C4IT Officer). One year, nearly 15 or so had to switch majors because their grades were sub-par. This led to the clearing of an entire DCE list (Primary and Alt). Another thing, the list is valid for 6 months. An Officer may be unexpectedly removed from the service (Retirement request, Medical, Disciplinary or even Death) and suddenly they have an urgent need to fill in a very specific discipline (Engineers, Pilots, Lawyers, etc.) that is not possible with OCS. This is why the DCO program exist.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Andisoss

--
    08 Jul 2018 06:01 AM
    In regards to alternate selections, what you guys are saying is partially correct. One major factor for DCE is how many senior cadets at the academy are projected to graduate with an Electrical Engineering Degree (which would make them a C4IT Officer). One year, nearly 15 or so had to switch majors because their grades were sub-par. This led to the clearing of an entire DCE list (Primary and Alt). Another thing, the list is valid for 6 months. An Officer may be unexpectedly removed from the service (Retirement request, Medical, Disciplinary or even Death) and suddenly they have an urgent need to fill in a very specific discipline (Engineers, Pilots, Lawyers, etc.) that is not possible with OCS. This is why the DCO program exist.
    bucs18

--
    08 Jul 2018 04:41 PM
    2nd alternate for MARGRAD, 8th alternate for DCSS. Congratulations to everyone else!
    jbsmith91

--
    08 Jul 2018 06:48 PM
    Posted By bucs18 on 08 Jul 2018 05:41 PM
    2nd alternate for MARGRAD, 8th alternate for DCSS. Congratulations to everyone else!

Which do you want more
    RealQuick

--
    09 Jul 2018 10:21 AM
    No selection for me
    jbsmith91

--
    09 Jul 2018 04:53 PM
    Posted By RealQuick on 09 Jul 2018 11:21 AM
    No selection for me

Did you already apply for the fall?
    jbsmith91

--
    09 Jul 2018 04:54 PM
    Learned new info from my recruiter today. Everyone who applied with a waiver doesn’t have their waiver checked till after they make selection. So you can be an alternate or primary, get your waiver reviewed, and then be denied.
    RealQuick

--
    09 Jul 2018 05:01 PM
    Yes JB, I applied for the OCS panel and the next DCE panel
    redlightport

--
    11 Jul 2018 10:07 PM
    "Another thing, the list is valid for 6 months"

So does that mean if I was selected as an alternate from the Oct 18 board, and the guy above me just declined, I'm going to get a call eventually even though the DCO school date is in like two weeks?
    jbsmith91

--
    12 Jul 2018 09:12 AM
    Posted By redlightport on 11 Jul 2018 11:07 PM

So does that mean if I was selected as an alternate from the Oct 18 board, and the guy above me just declined, I'm going to get a call eventually even though the DCO school date is in like two weeks?

From the way it was explained to me: you have a chance up till the commissioning date. So for this list commission is dec 1. You have till then.
    kirkaland

--
    16 Jul 2018 11:09 PM
    Received and signed my letter of intent today, about a week and a half after the unofficial results were released.
    jbsmith91

--
    17 Jul 2018 04:28 PM
    Posted By kirkaland on 17 Jul 2018 12:09 AM
    Received and signed my letter of intent today, about a week and a half after the unofficial results were released.

Congrats. Stay out of trouble till December. What program did you do?
    jbsmith91

--
    18 Jul 2018 08:16 AM

So the official message posted. It states that the alternate list remains in effect until the next panel official results.
    kirkaland

--
    18 Jul 2018 09:09 AM
    Posted By jbsmith91 on 17 Jul 2018 05:28 PM
    Posted By kirkaland on 17 Jul 2018 12:09 AM

Congrats. Stay out of trouble till December. What program did you do?

DCA
    kirkaland

--
    18 Jul 2018 10:48 AM
    Posted By jbsmith91 on 18 Jul 2018 09:16 AM

So the official message posted. It states that the alternate list remains in effect until the next panel
    Can you post the message here? Haven't seen it come through on the internet yet. Or is internet release not authorized? Just curious what the numbers were like this year in terms of primaries and alternates and if I know anyone else on the list.

jbsmith91

--
    18 Jul 2018 02:29 PM
    Posted By kirkaland on 18 Jul 2018 11:48 AM

So the official message posted. It states that the alternate list remains in effect until the next panel
    Can you post the message here? Haven't seen it come through on the internet yet. Or is internet release not authorized? Just curious what the numbers were like this year in terms of primaries and alternates and if I know anyone else on the list.

Internet realease isn’t authorized. You made primary DCA. That list had 14 primary, 3 alternate. 

redlightport

--
    18 Jul 2018 06:28 PM

So the official message posted. It states that the alternate list remains in effect until the next panel official results.

The Official List has been signed already? Does that mean the first list isn't good?
    jbsmith91

--
    18 Jul 2018 07:44 PM
    The phone calls some people got some days back was the unofficial. The official list was posted to the CG network so everyone who’s a primary or alternate should know now and anyone in the CG can see the list now. The primaries will commission sometime around dec 1 and the alternates are in limbo till the next official list from the next panel.
    alaskacoastie85

--
    18 Jul 2018 09:17 PM
    How many DCE primary and secondary are there?
    no_squelch

--
    19 Jul 2018 09:36 AM
    After commissioning in December, what happens for those coming in from the civilian world? Do we have to report anywhere until DCO school in January, or are we “on leave” and free to be home for the holidays, etc.?
    kirkaland

--
    19 Jul 2018 11:01 AM
    Posted By no_squelch on 19 Jul 2018 10:36 AM
    After commissioning in December, what happens for those coming in from the civilian world? Do we have to report anywhere until DCO school in January, or are we “on leave” and free to be home for the holidays, etc.?

Based on my understanding, regardless of what background you're coming from you will report to your first duty station, in process, move into a house, make sure your admin stuff and uniforms are squared away,...before going to DCO school. Not sure how leave will work since we'll be coming in with a 0 leave balance. Commanders can authorize you to go in the hole and in this circumstance may do so.

I'm carrying over some leave from the Army, but we're not planning on going anywhere with it being such a quick turn around from commissioning/reporting to shipping off to New London. We're planning to take some extra time at Thanksgiving to visit family before then and just have a quiet Christmas unpacking and setting up our new home.
    jbsmith91

--
    19 Jul 2018 02:45 PM
    Posted By no_squelch on 19 Jul 2018 10:36 AM

Your recruiter would know for certain but as I understand when you commission you will be active duty and get all the benefits allotted to you to move to your new duty station. Once there you will wait for DCO school and do your new ensign job while waiting. You won’t have any leave but can be authorized to go “in the hole” if needed. You do get a certain amount of days of for house hunting and moving and those are free days. My recruiter informed me DCO school isn’t always in January like the message says. Many factors can delay school but your commission and job won’t change.
    jbsmith91

--
    19 Jul 2018 02:46 PM
    Posted By alaskacoastie85 on 18 Jul 2018 10:17 PM
    How many DCE primary and secondary are there?

8 primary and 12 or so alternates. Did you make the list?
    redlightport

--
    19 Jul 2018 06:48 PM
    How many margrad spots were there?
    alaskacoastie85

--
    19 Jul 2018 09:16 PM
    I just applied for the panel convening September. For DCE.
    trailblazer

--
    20 Jul 2018 02:47 AM
    Good luck on the September panel! I was recently notified of my selection as a primary candidate for the April DCE panel. I am also wondering what happens between commissioning and DCO school. The OJAK seems to indicate that we will be placed in IRR (inactive ready reserve?) upon commissioning and will not begin active duty until 7-10 days before DCO school begins. Seems simple enough, unless I missed something.
    I also have questions about billets and duty stations that are available to someone with an electrical engineering background. I posted my questions about this in the Coast Guard Units portion of this forum, in case anyone here is able to share some knowledge.
    jbsmith91

--
    20 Jul 2018 07:36 AM
    Posted By trailblazer on 20 Jul 2018 03:47 AM
    Good luck on the September panel! I was recently notified of my selection as a primary candidate for the April DCE panel. I am also wondering what happens between commissioning and DCO school. The OJAK seems to indicate that we will be placed in IRR (inactive ready reserve?) upon commissioning and will not begin active duty until 7-10 days before DCO school begins. Seems simple enough, unless I missed something.
    I also have questions about billets and duty stations that are available to someone with an electrical engineering background. I posted my questions about this in the Coast Guard Units portion of this forum, in case anyone here is able to share some knowledge.

I know the active duty guys will move to their new duty station and behind Work until school. I’m not sure about civilians. I’m also not sure what your EE will set you up for. I’m an ET and if I make it I’d be doing C4IT most likely in the Virginia DC area.
    DCA2017

--
    27 Jul 2018 05:50 PM
    Just received an email back saying I would take the Oath and Commission on 10 December. Does anyone know if that date could be moved up or is it set in stone? I already have all the stuff completed to ETS with the Army on 03 December. Just wondering which date I should try to move in order to not have a break in service. Thanks.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Andisoss

--
    28 Jul 2018 05:43 AM
    Posted By DCA2017 on 27 Jul 2018 06:50 PM
    Just received an email back saying I would take the Oath and Commission on 10 December. Does anyone know if that date could be moved up or is it set in stone? I already have all the stuff completed to ETS with the Army on 03 December. Just wondering which date I should try to move in order to not have a break in service. Thanks.

You can reach out to your recruiter and ask them to reach out to CGRC about the dates, but you are required to break from service for at least 24 hours before switching components, as in you will be discharged from the Army and commissioned by the Coast Guard 24 hours later. Even enlisted guys who are in the CG have to be discharged for 24 hours as well. 

On a side note, do you get O2 or O2E? (Being that you were a Warrent and never enlisted, I was always curious how that works) 
    Ashton23

--
    01 Aug 2018 08:18 PM
    Posted By Andisoss on 28 Jul 2018 06:43 AM
    Posted By DCA2017 on 27 Jul 2018 06:50 PM

You can reach out to your recruiter and ask them to reach out to CGRC about the dates, but you are required to break from service for at least 24 hours before switching components, as in you will be discharged from the Army and commissioned by the Coast Guard 24 hours later. Even enlisted guys who are in the CG have to be discharged for 24 hours as well. 

On a side note, do you get O2 or O2E? (Being that you were a Warrent and never enlisted, I was always curious how that works) 

I just want to clarify something. Its not a least 24hrs, its just the day prior. It makes no difference if you sign your dd214 at 0800 or at 1400. It just needs to be the day prior to your oath of office. So in short, if your last day is 03, December, you need to take the oath on the 4th, not before or after to ensure you wont have a break in service. Do you have a conditional release? My conditional release said one date, and once I got my date of oath and commissioning I coordinated with my Navy admin staff to ensure I would be able to process out the day before. 

Either way, Congrats.
    redlightport

--
    06 Aug 2018 06:28 PM
    Can anyone post the Official Message / List?
    DCA2017

--
    08 Aug 2018 03:27 AM
    Found out the the commissioning date into the CG can not be moved due to all of the DCO candidates commissioning on the same day. 

I reached out the the Army transition office and will be working with them to try and change my ETS date.  

Since I was a Warrant I will be commissioning as an O1E, or at least that’s what I have been told. 
    jbsmith91

--
    08 Aug 2018 04:54 PM
    Posted By redlightport on 06 Aug 2018 07:28 PM

I’m not sure. The list is not available without access a secure CG site so probably not. But I can answer questions about the list.
    I want to know if anyone has heard that they might take, idk 8 alternate DCEs
    dcl89

--
    08 Aug 2018 07:45 PM
    Hey jbsmith can you please let me know how many DCL applicants and alternates were chosen?  Thanks.
    Ashton23

--
    10 Aug 2018 06:29 AM
    Posted By redlightport on 06 Aug 2018 07:28 PM

Those who ask'th, shall receive'th!
    Ashton23

--
    10 Aug 2018 06:30 AM
    R 16 JUL 18
    BT
    UNCLAS //N01131//
    ALCGRECRUITING 006/18
    SUBJ: DIRECT COMMISSION OFFICER (DCO) PROGRAM 23 APRIL 2018
    SELECTION RESULTS
    A. 10 MAY 17 / ALCGRECRUITING 007/17
    B. Coast Guard Recruiting Manual, COMDTINST M1100.2 (Series)
    C. Coast Guard Weight and Body Fat Standards Program Manual,
    COMDTINST M1020.8 (Series)
    D. Coast Guard Medical Manual, COMDTINST M6000.1 (Series)
    E. Coast Guard Recruiting Command (CGRC) Standard Operating
    Procedure (SOP)
    1. The Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security has
    approved the results of DCO Selection Panel 08-18, which convened
    IAW Ref A on 23 April 2018. The panel recommended the following
    individuals as primary and alternate candidates for Reserve or
    Temporary Direct Commissions. Primary selectees are listed in
    alphabetical order.
    2. Alternates are listed in the order appointments may be offered.
    The DCO Panel 08-18 alternate list remains effective until the
    Secretary approves the results of the next DCO Panel for the
    alternate selectee’s respective program. Alternates are encouraged
    to reapply to maximize their commissioning opportunities.
    3. Primary selectees are appointed Reserve Commissions unless
    designated for a Temporary (Temp) Commission.
    A. Direct Commission Aviator (DCA)
    (1) Primary:
    Name Commissioning Rank
    Bell, Thomas G. LTJG
    Combellick, Christopher S. LTJG
    Gallagher, Nathaniel P. ENS
    Hess, Christopher J. LTJG
    Inglee, Reed C. LTJG
    Kirkland, Nicholas A. LTJG
    Knowles, Bradley D. LTJG
    McIntosh, Alexander H. LTJG
    Pak, John J. LTJG
    Reynolds, Tyler M. LTJG
    Showers, Brandon M. LTJG
    Straits, Joshua R. ENS
    Thomas, Jonathan B. ENS
    Zinderman, Mark B. LTJG
    (2) Alternate:
    1. King, Joshua G. LTJG
    2. Port, John C. LTJG
    3. Hegret, Bryan M. LTJG
    B. Direct Commission Engineer (DCE)
    (1) Primary:
    Name Unit Comm Rank
    Brown, Joshua A. AETC (Temp) AVTRACEN Mobile ENS
    Crowley, Christopher T. AETC (Temp) ALC ENS
    Elbert, Angelina M. OS2 (Temp) COMMCOM ENS
    Eyerusalem, Yamlakfekad T. ENS
    Holmes, Paige E. ET1 (Temp) ESD Mobile ENS
    Leach, Jermone A. ENS
    Pham, Phung P. ENS
    Welch, Christian J. ENS
    (2) Alternate:
    Name Unit Comm Rank
    1. Hughes, Christina J. OSC (Temp) LANTAREA ENS
    2. Bracy, John P. ET2 (Temp) MSRT ENS
    3. Blais, Justin R. EMC (Temp) TRACEN Yorktown ENS
    4. Garcia, Kevin D. AET1 (Temp) ALC ENS
    5. Torres-Rivera, Luis A. ET2 (Temp) CGC JOSEPH NAPIER ENS
    6. Folk, Benjamin D. AET2 (Temp) ALC ENS
    7. Wood, Ian C. ET2 (Temp) BASE Cape Cod ENS
    8. Smith, Jonathan B. ET2 (Temp) BASE Charleston ENS
    9. Lawson, Zachary R. ENS
    10. Premph, David K. ENS
    11. Otero, Jasmine K. ET2 (Temp) PATFORSWA ENS
    12. Graff, Benjamin M. AET1 (Temp) AVTRACEN Mobile ENS
    C. Direct Commission Intelligence Officer (DCIO)
    (1) Primary:
    Name Unit Comm Rank
    Calvin, Coty S. LTJG
    Hoxie, Nathan T. ENS
    Kloss, John L. IS1 (Temp) COMDT CGIS ENS
    Lutz, Bryan R. ENS
    Verdun, Amanada M. IS1 (Temp) D9 Intel ENS
    (2) Alternate:
    Name Unit Comm Rank
    1. Peters, Jesse C. IS1 (Temp) CGC MUNRO ENS
    2. Woodard, Eric R. IS1 (Temp) MIFC PAC ENS
    D. Direct Commission Lawyer (DCL)
    (1) Primary:
    Name Commissioning Rank
    Maloney, Michael P. LT
    Morton, Laura A. MST2 LT
    Galle, Andrew J. LT
    McRae, Jacob R. BM1 LT
    Strickland, Natasha A. LT
    (2) Alternate:
    Name Commissioning Rank
    1. Koeing, Tobijah B. LT
    2. Lawrence, John C. LT
    E. Direct Commission Selected School (DCSS)
    (1) Primary:
    Name Unit Comm Rank
    Baker, Anthony E. ENS
    Giddings, Kyle P. BM1 STA Vallejo ENS
    Kosen, Adam D. ENS
    Mrak, Nicholas A. ENS
    Pham, Phung P. ENS
    Charlemagne, Tavanah C. ENS
    Mason, Mache O. ENS
    (2) Alternate:
    Name Commissioning Rank
    1. Moore, Robert B. ENS
    2. Buell, Patrick J. ENS
    3. Thornton, Nicholas V. ENS
    4. Jumaoas, Brandon-Rey K. ENS
    5. Samaniego, Martha E. ENS
    6. Zinderman, Mark B. ENS
    7. Sanchez, Daniel R. ENS
    8. Ledoux, Scott R. ENS
    9. Li, Linda ENS
    10. Corvino, John A. ENS
    11. McGuire, Kieran F. ENS
    12. Thibeault, Madeline M. ENS
    13. Browder, Mason C. ENS
    14. Murdick, Matthew D. ENS
    F. Maritime Academy Graduate (MARGRAD)
    (1) Primary:
    Name Unit Comm Rank
    Baker, Anthony E. ENS
    Giddings, Kyle P. BM1 STA Vallejo ENS
    Ianozi, Phillip A. ENS
    Jumaoas, Brandon-Rey K. ENS
    Li, Linda ENS
    Mason, Mache O. ENS
    McGuire, Kieran F. ENS
    Moore, Robert B. ENS
    Thibeault, Madeline M. ENS
    Rodriguez, Christopher J. ENS
    (2) Alternate:
    Name Commissioning Rank
    1. Kosen, Adam D. ENS
    2. Ledoux, Scott R. ENS
    3. Thornton, Nicholas V. ENS
    4. Buell, Patrick J. ENS
    5. Corvino, John A. ENS
    6. Murdick, Matthew D. ENS
    7. Sloane, James R. ENS
    8. Sanchez, Daniel R. ENS
    9. Hwang, Seung H. ENS
    10. Coburn, Alexander S. ENS
    11. Adams, Sarah L. ENS
    12. Sandoval, Anthony R. ENS
    13. Cunningham, Robert J. ENS
    14. Cook, Dylan L. ENS
    15. O'Keefe Chase A. ENS
    G. Direct Commission Prior Trained Military Officer (PTMO)
    (1) Primary:
    Name Unit Comm Rank
    Calvin, Coty S. LTJG
    Hunkus, Kenneth F. SN STA Annapolis LTJG
    Lesperance, Charles W. LTJG
    Randall, Dustin B. ENS
    Samaniego, Martha E. LTJG
    Zinderman, Mark B. LTJG
    (2) Alternate:
    Name Commissioning Rank
    1. Ross, Ian W. ENS
    2. Surganovich, Chad S. LTJG
    3. Severance, Maxwell C. ENS
    4. Selectees will receive letters notifying them of their selection
    and any pending commissioning requirements. Final appointment is
    contingent upon meeting all commissioning eligibility requirements
    and remaining fully qualified IAW Refs A through E.
    5. This announcement is for planning purposes only and is not
    authority to issue travel orders to attend DCO school.
    6. Recruiters shall ensure all primary and alternate selectees’ SF-
    86 information is current, then release the SF-86 in EQIP upon
    receipt of this message and mail all original documents via
    traceable means to CG SECCEN to initiate a NACLC check.
    7. The selection panel consisted of the following members:
    Name Unit
    CAPT L. Cunningham Base New Orleans
    CDR B. E. Grant COMDT (CG-LPD)
    LCDR P. F. Francisco Sector Hampton Roads
    LT A. Montanez AIRSTA Corpus Christi
    LT G. S. Johnson COMDT (CG-255)
    LT A. T. Wallis Sector San Diego
    LT L. M. Stewart LDC
    8. Applicants who were not selected or were selected as alternates
    are required to reapply through their recruiting office if
    interested in being considered for any future selection panel.
    9. The proceedings of a selection panel, including its deliberations
    and criteria for selection, cannot be disclosed to any person who was
    not a member of the panel. However, the panel precept is available on the
    Panels and Reports (PARTS) CG Portal page, https://cg.portal.uscg.mil/
    units/cgrc/AccessionsDiv/OAA/SitePages/Panels%20and%20Reports.aspx.
    10. Questions regarding the results of the panel can be directed to the
    Panels and Reports Manager, LCDR Eric Meaders at CGR-SMB-PARTS@uscg.mil.
    11. Serving as a selection panel member is an excellent
    professional development opportunity for officers. Officers
    interested in serving as members of an officer selection panel
    should contact LCDR Eric Meaders via email at CGR-SMB-PARTS@uscg.mil.
    12. CAPT Thomas F. Walsh, Jr., Commanding Officer, CG RC, sends.
    13. Internet release authorized.
    BT
    NNNN

bucs18

--
    13 Aug 2018 04:19 PM
    Got picked up off the alternate list for MARGRAD! See you guys there. 🇺🇸
    redlightport

--
    13 Aug 2018 10:15 PM
    Also got picked up for alternate on the MARGRAD list, I was pretty far down on the list too, which is super exciting. Good luck to any other alternates out there
    Rossi206

--
    15 Aug 2018 11:28 AM
    Also picked up off the alternate list for PTMO. Completing my UQR packet now. Does anyone know when our commissioning date is supposed to be?
    kirkaland

--
    15 Aug 2018 11:40 AM
    Posted By Rossi206 on 15 Aug 2018 12:28 PM
    Also picked up off the alternate list for PTMO. Completing my UQR packet now. Does anyone know when our commissioning date is supposed to be?

For me (DCA), it's 10 December. I assume (pretty safely) it'll be the same for you, so my UQR is in for 9 December.
    Clamyman

--
    18 Aug 2018 07:30 PM
    Ross, did your recruiter reach out to you or did you find out some other way? We have the same recruiter by the way, I’m below you on the PTMO.
    jbsmith91

--
    20 Aug 2018 08:01 PM
    Glad to hear they’re getting in to alternates. We need to go 8 deep on the DCE alternate.
    Rossi206

--
    21 Aug 2018 06:46 PM
    He called me last week to let me know.
    redlightport

--
    23 Aug 2018 11:32 PM
    just heard some good news from people in the July class ; we won't be having the first "OCS" week where they buzz off our hair and "bootcamp" us.
    BeeMan

--
    26 Aug 2018 12:05 AM
    For those selected for PTMO, congrats! I am applying for the first time on the upcoming September Board. How is your actual job assigned once you’re selected for PTMO, do you have any say in what you’ll do (dream sheet?) and is the job designation prior to commissioning?
    bucs18

--
    30 Aug 2018 03:59 PM
    Has anyone been contacted by their detailers? If so, would you be able to shed any light as to the timeline, process, billet/unit assignment, etc?
    kirkaland

--
    04 Sep 2018 03:32 PM
    Posted By bucs18 on 30 Aug 2018 04:59 PM
    Has anyone been contacted by their detailers? If so, would you be able to shed any light as to the timeline, process, billet/unit assignment, etc?
    I sent mine (aviation) an email today, got a response back that she would be sending us an email "this month" with more information and how to fill out our 'dream sheet.'

jbsmith91

--
    15 Sep 2018 12:13 PM
    Have they taken any DCE alternates yet?
    teeney

--
    16 Sep 2018 08:24 AM
    I am the first alternate for DCE I got a call about a month ago. I  just submitted dream sheet to AO on Thursday.
    redlightport

--
    16 Sep 2018 02:25 PM
    I got an email from the MARGRAD Coordinator and sent in Geographic / Career preferences. Will she email back a list of jobs or will she just assign a single one?
    PortNotStarboard

--
    16 Sep 2018 08:45 PM
    It’s been a while since I’ve posted. I was called up off the alternate list for DCA back during the second week of August.

I received an email from the civilian team at recruiting command this past week, 11 SEP. It listed our commissioning date of 12 DEC and my DCO School date of 24 JAN - 1 MAR. I’m guessing everyone selected on the April board will be in be same DCO Class. Never been in New England during the winter, sounds like fun. Anyone else get the same? Up until I received this email, I was only checking my official gov’t email account.

If anyone remembers earlier in this thread, a recruiter posted something about us acting like “high school sophomores” waiting for the results to come out. If we have to do a class shirt or something similar in the esprit de corps/motivation lane, that’s my vote for a name; “sophomores”, haha! If I’ve learned anything during this process, it’s to be patient.

Looking forward to meeting you all. Congrats to primary selectees! If you’re an alternate or non-select...keep reapplying!!! I was picked up on my third look...been trying since 2015!!!

kirkaland

--
    17 Sep 2018 10:44 AM
    Posted By PortNotStarboard on 16 Sep 2018 09:45 PM
    It’s been a while since I’ve posted. I was called up off the alternate list for DCA back during the second week of August.

I received an email from the civilian team at recruiting command this past week, 11 SEP. It listed our commissioning date of 12 DEC and my DCO School date of 24 JAN - 1 MAR. I’m guessing everyone selected on the April board will be in be same DCO Class. Never been in New England during the winter, sounds like fun. Anyone else get the same? Up until I received this email, I was only checking my official gov’t email account.

If anyone remembers earlier in this thread, a recruiter posted something about us acting like “high school sophomores” waiting for the results to come out. If we have to do a class shirt or something similar in the esprit de corps/motivation lane, that’s my vote for a name; “sophomores”, haha! If I’ve learned anything during this process, it’s to be patient.

Looking forward to meeting you all. Congrats to primary selectees! If you’re an alternate or non-select...keep reapplying!!! I was picked up on my third look...been trying since 2015!!!

Congrats on getting the call. I was selected for DCA and have got the exact same info regarding commissioning date and school date. Looking forward to February in Connecticut. Now just waiting on the email with assignment options/preferences  Should be any day now.
    kirkaland

--
    18 Sep 2018 11:35 AM
    Got the instructions for submitting our assignment wish list for DCA in my civilian email this morning.
    Rossi206

--
    18 Sep 2018 01:30 PM
    Still waiting to hear from my AO.

Quick question - In Appendix 1, para H it states we go in IRR prior to DCO Course but the CG tries their best for selectees from another active duty branch to not have a break in service. Just want to confirm, am I still going to get paid starting 12 December? I'm currently active duty Army.
    PortNotStarboard

--
    19 Sep 2018 09:20 AM
    Active duty guys/gals - expect your pay to be messed up for at least 2 months. Buddies I know selected for the program are averaging this time with some, all, and occasionally no pay. You will be paid back, just takes time. The CG does its due diligence in paying you starting the day you commission. The key is leaving your current service on 11 DEC such that our commissioning date is the very next calendar day, 12 DEC.

As for civilians entering under a direct commission, I haven’t a clue.

I believe our AOs for each career field are working exclusive of each other’s population. I would expect the engineering, legal, etc. AOs to follow suit soon.

Also, for everyone, the fiscal year is closing out, unsure of your services, but the Army is in the usually 2 week period at the end of the FY where all big ticket items are paid, and the FY19 dollars are allocated. The CG is probably waiting to see where people are needed and how much it’s going to cost to move you there.
    DCA2017

--
    20 Sep 2018 04:31 AM
    From talking to previous DCOs, yes they started getting paid on their commissioning date.
    Rossi206

--
    24 Sep 2018 10:55 AM
    Anyone know of a thread on here that has some FAQ and answers on DCO course?
    Rossi206

--
    01 Oct 2018 08:10 AM
    Has anyone heard from their AO yet?
    DCA2017

--
    07 Oct 2018 03:36 AM
    DCA here, we heard from our AO a few weeks ago and requested our dream sheet. However still have not heard anything back about actual assignments yet. They said should hear back around the middle of this month.
    kirkaland

--
    09 Oct 2018 06:05 PM
    Got the call from our AO (DCA). We got air station Miami which was not one of our top 5 but not bottom of the list either. How has it worked out for everyone else?
    Simple1

--
    09 Oct 2018 10:05 PM
    Posted By kirkaland on 09 Oct 2018 07:05 PM
    Got the call from our AO (DCA). We got air station Miami which was not one of our top 5 but not bottom of the list either. How has it worked out for everyone else?

Congrats man. Did you only get a location preference, or did you get a platform preference as well?
    kirkaland

--
    09 Oct 2018 10:57 PM
    Posted By Simple1 on 09 Oct 2018 11:05 PM
    Posted By kirkaland on 09 Oct 2018 07:05 PM

Congrats man. Did you only get a location preference, or did you get a platform preference as well?

I was agnostic on 60 vs 65 so for us it came down to location location location.
    Simple1

--
    14 Oct 2018 06:23 PM
    Double post
    Simple1

--
    14 Oct 2018 06:23 PM
    Thanks, Kirkland.

For the masses here, Any recent DCAs get picked up with a time in service waiver? When my Sep DCA board met, I had just crossed over 10yrs of service. I was just curious if the Coast Guard has any recent appetite to entertain that waiver.

Thanks guys
    Jo1983

--
    19 Oct 2018 03:03 PM
    Hello,

I was notified yesterday that I was selected primary for DCIO (Sep Panel). I have almost 13 years in the Air Force. My recruiter did submit a waiver for me, and said that he is going to double check on it, but by all accounts he feels like I should be good to go. For the record it seems strange they would select you, and then decide whether they approve/deny your waiver.

It wasn't that long ago that the USCG was not accepting waivers for over 10 years TIS according to the website.  I believe it was just this year where they changed it to "as applicable" or something along those lines. I think what it all comes down to is timing, manning, and what they think you can bring to the force.
    alaskacoastie85

--
    26 Oct 2018 12:42 AM
    How do you receive the letter? Is it email or snail mail?
    redlightport

--
    03 Nov 2018 03:24 PM
    Is anyone else going Cutters? And if so have you heard back from our Assignment Officer about duty stations?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Andisoss

--
    06 Nov 2018 04:57 PM

Air Station Miami is actually in Opa-Locka. If you have kids, you will probably want to live in Broward County. Weston has some of the best public schools in the country.
    Rossi206

--
    07 Nov 2018 11:10 AM
    Picked up my separation orders today and I'm authorized a HHG shipment to my HOR (or anywhere cheaper, so my first CG duty station). I checked with my separations and transportation office to make sure I'm still entitled to this benefit even though I am transitioning to the Coast Guard. This would allow me to get to my unit quicker since we don't get our orders until after we commission and we can't set up our HHG movements without those orders. I wanted to see what you all were doing? Are you having your old service pay for your shipment or are you waiting for the Coast Guard to ship your stuff? I don't want to screw myself out of any PCS entitlement by having the Army move my stuff..
    Ashton23

--
    08 Nov 2018 09:31 AM
    I think you should be good to go, if you have been offered a commission. We've had a couple with over 10, but I think the majority of them were mix of active and reserve time. I needed a waiver because I had three dependents at the time of applying but my wife was pregnant. And technically a pregnant wife counts as a fourth dependent. I was worried that I wouldn't be eligible but my recruiter said they would submit waiver and that was the last I heard about that. I commissioned with four dependents. I never really looked into the status of the waiver because I didn't think it was able to waived. Good luck and message me if you have any other questions. I'm also a Prior Service DCIO
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Andisoss

--
    08 Nov 2018 11:32 AM
    The 2 depdendant rule exist because we did not want to have E1s with 5 kids joining and immediately applying for government assistance. They figure an O2/3-E can afford to feed 4 kids.
    redlightport

--
    19 Nov 2018 02:24 PM
    Does anybody know if we receive BAH in our pay starting Dec. 12th?
    kirkaland

--
    20 Nov 2018 07:08 PM
    Posted By redlightport on 19 Nov 2018 03:24 PM
    Does anybody know if we receive BAH in our pay starting Dec. 12th?

In some form yes. It may be bah diff during your travel days but then once you report in should be regular bah for wherever you are.
    redlightport

--
    13 Dec 2018 12:16 PM
    Does anyone know what the minimum Male run time for the PFT is? The Document we received says 10:59, but asking former graduates I was told 12:00.
    BeeMan

--
    23 Dec 2018 01:32 AM
    Has anyone been able to get a hold of any DCO School coursework ahead of time? If so, would you care to share?
    I'd like to review the classes prior to going live if possible.

The following are a few topics included in the DCO curriculum according to the Pre-Reporting Guide:
    • Coast Guard History
    • Computer Skills/E-Coast Guard
    • Character in Action
    • Social Etiquette
    • Coast Guard Correspondence
    • Leadership
    • Pubs and Directives
    • Coast Guard Missions
    • Team Building
    • Hazing
    • Coast Guard Organization
    • Writing Workshops
    • Civil Rights
    • Interpersonal Relationships
    • Military Justice
    • Core Values
    • Leadership and Management
    • Professional Military Ethics
    • Authority Accountability & Responsibility
    thecoastismine

--
    27 Dec 2018 07:51 AM
    If you're already in the USCG,  wouldn't some of that info be somewhere in the portal OR if you have the master packet from boot camp...I imagine the material is the similar if not the same.
    Rossi206

--
    22 Jan 2019 02:22 PM
    If anyone is flying into Providence tomorrow afternoon and wants to split an Uber or cab fare to the CGA DM me for my contact info.
    BeeMan

--
    11 Feb 2019 01:28 PM
    How can we ensure we maintain our current retirement system (legacy high 3) vs the new blended retirement system when swapping over from our service into the USCG?  
    I do not want the new blended retirement system and have been told we are automatically enrolled into it but can fight to change it back.  Also, any tips on getting our time in service to transfer over would be greatly appreciated!
    BeeMan

--
    11 Feb 2019 01:34 PM
    How can we ensure we maintain our current retirement system (legacy high 3) vs the new blended retirement system when swapping over from our service into the USCG?  
    I do not want the new blended retirement system and have been told we are automatically enrolled into it but can fight to change it back.  Also, any tips on getting our time in service to transfer over would be greatly appreciated!
    crawl55

--
    11 Feb 2019 03:03 PM
    Great question. I too would like some advice on that!

// Update

Did a quick google search and came up with this.  A step in the right direction.  

"Break in service – active duty. If you have a break in service, rejoin after the 2018 calendar year opt-in window and still meet the less than 12 years of service criteria, you will have 30 days to choose the BRS or remain in the legacy retirement system."

Source - 

https://militarypay.defense.gov/Portals/3/Documents/BlendedRetirementDocuments/A%20Guide%20to%20the%20Uniformed%20Services%20BRS%20December%202017.pdf
    kirkaland

--
    11 Feb 2019 07:18 PM
    Have several DCOs in the course with me here now. All were automatically enrolled in BRS but CGRC is working to change that back. My best advice is patience with the system. There will be glitches in your pay if you transfer over, that's a given.
    sculton12

--
    21 Mar 2019 02:21 PM
    Hello! I'm currently applying for the FY19 PTMO program with the Coast Guard. I was reading this blog to get insight on the selection board and the timeframe of finding out if you're selected or not. I'm currently active duty in the Marine Corps and would be honored to make the switch! If you have time, of course, I was wondering if I could ask you a couple questions about your process as well as what happens after the board goes if you are selected. I really appreciate your time and congratulations about getting selected! (I'm a year late, but it's still worth saying!)

---
    Active Forums 4.3