USCG Forum
Sep DCO Board
Last Post 02 May 2019 06:49 PM by BeeMan. 136 Replies.
Author Messages
alaskacoastie85

--
04 Jul 2018 02:44 PM
    I figured we can get this thread started now. I am applying for DCE (the board that convenes in Sept 2018). Currently I have been in the CG for 10 years and I am an EM1 with a Masters in IT (and currently working on my 2nd Masters in Cyber). Everything is turned in and I just completed my interview last week. Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone. 

I am currently working on the PT test standards (just in case).

~ EM1
    mbgribble07

--
    05 Jul 2018 12:40 PM
    I have a package in for DCIO. This is my first go at it. I am an E-6 in the Air Force. Given what I am seeing with regard to timelines, we should hear something in December, right? I would be separating and PCS'ing from Germany so the more time the better for me so I can be prepared. Best of luck to everyone on the current board and upcoming 10 Sep board.

-Matt
    alaskacoastie85

--
    05 Jul 2018 12:51 PM
    I was told by my recruiter we should he before Thanksgiving this year since everything was due 2 months earlier. If you make it, you should receive a phone call from your recruiter first. Good luck!
    jbsmith91

--
    05 Jul 2018 12:52 PM
    I’m number 8 alternate in the April unofficial list. Praying I move up on that one or make primaries for this one.
    alaskacoastie85

--
    09 Jul 2018 09:05 AM
    Best of luck to you!
    bigoletruckernutz

--
    09 Jul 2018 08:01 PM
    Navy ctm2 here applying for DCE, though i got out 10 years ago. I have an BSEE from Georgia Tech and working on my masters in applied math from johns hopkins. Good luck to everyone
    jbsmith91

--
    18 Jul 2018 07:45 PM
    The previous panels official list has posted
    alaskacoastie85

--
    19 Jul 2018 09:53 AM
    How many DCE primaries and secondaries were announced?
    Craig_S

--
    19 Jul 2018 10:15 AM
    I have a DCA packet in for the Sep board. Currently an Army Warrant Officer. I spoke with some guys from last years board that said unofficial list was out in Nov and they commissioned in May. My recruiter was told to expect a commissioning date of 30 June, 2019 if selected on this board. Long process. Any other DCA's out there?
    jbsmith91

--
    19 Jul 2018 02:53 PM
    Posted By alaskacoastie85 on 19 Jul 2018 10:53 AM
    How many DCE primaries and secondaries were announced?

8 primary, 12 or so alternates.
    mbgribble07

--
    20 Jul 2018 09:10 PM
    jbsmith, thank you for passing information. Could you also share the DCIO select stats? Likely it wont be the same for the September panel but I am just curious. Thank you for your time.

-Matt
    jbsmith91

--
    21 Jul 2018 06:55 PM
    Posted By mbgribble07 on 20 Jul 2018 10:10 PM
    jbsmith, thank you for passing information. Could you also share the DCIO select stats? Likely it wont be the same for the September panel but I am just curious. Thank you for your time.

-Matt

5 primary and 2 alternate. Don’t mention it man. This is my third packet for an officer program and I’m polishing up my fourth now. I know it can be stressful waiting for all the info.
    thecoastismine

--
    16 Aug 2018 09:14 AM
    I've got a packet in for DCSS, it's my first time submitting.

I've been reading the past threads about DCO and I'm seeing people refer to unofficial lists. Where can/will this list be found? Will recruiters reach out to applicants with unofficial results?

It'd be great to get an early word about the selections for sure.
    kirkaland

--
    16 Aug 2018 04:14 PM
    I've been reading the past threads about DCO and I'm seeing people refer to unofficial lists. Where can/will this list be found? Will recruiters reach out to applicants with unofficial results?
    So the unofficial results are released to recruiters a few weeks before the official message comes out and recruiters then pass that to applicants. For this past board, the board met on 23 April and unofficial results were released on July 3rd, and I believe the official results were released a few weeks later.
    BeeMan

--
    19 Aug 2018 08:55 AM
    USMC intelligence officer and first time applicant applying for PTMO and DCIO.  If selected through the DCIO program, are there opportunities to branch out into other fields following an Intel tour, or are the DCIO selectees Intel their entire career?
    thecoastismine

--
    20 Aug 2018 12:25 PM
    @kirkaland, Thanks so much for the response. 

I've got something else that I'd like to get feedback on from the rest of the applicants for the upcoming Sep DCO Board.

I'm all in with joining the USCG, so much that I have a boot camp date ~45 days out while I  have a DCO packet in as well.  If I get selected for DCO, I'll accept, no doubt.  If not, then I'll continue to apply as an enlisted coastie until I'm not able to anymore.

With this being said, I know it varies in how long it takes for outcomes to reach our recruiters from the panel. I was told by my recruiter that we won't know about the Sep DCO Board until some time between January and March 2019.  

I've been working with my recruiter for a very long time now and he's given me no reason to believe otherwise, but doesn't September 2018 until January -March 2019 seem to be a pretty lengthy wait? That class would be reporting June 2019, correct? 

kirkaland

--
    20 Aug 2018 02:07 PM
    Posted By thecoastismine on 20 Aug 2018 01:25 PM
    @kirkaland, Thanks so much for the response. 

I've got something else that I'd like to get feedback on from the rest of the applicants for the upcoming Sep DCO Board.

I'm all in with joining the USCG, so much that I have a boot camp date ~45 days out while I  have a DCO packet in as well.  If I get selected for DCO, I'll accept, no doubt.  If not, then I'll continue to apply as an enlisted coastie until I'm not able to anymore.

With this being said, I know it varies in how long it takes for outcomes to reach our recruiters from the panel. I was told by my recruiter that we won't know about the Sep DCO Board until some time between January and March 2019.  

I've been working with my recruiter for a very long time now and he's given me no reason to believe otherwise, but doesn't September 2018 until January -March 2019 seem to be a pretty lengthy wait? That class would be reporting June 2019, correct? 

I had friends on the October 2017 panel, I believe they found out mid-December. So January-March seems like a very conservative estimate. I wouldn't plan on finding out any earlier than December though. The wheels of bureaucracy do turn slowly.
    BeeMan

--
    25 Aug 2018 11:24 PM
    Turns out I’m just competing for PTMO, my DCIO packet didn’t make it through CGRC screening.  I’m interested to know how jobs are assigned to PTMO selectees, does anyone have any insight?
    thecoastismine

--
    05 Sep 2018 08:00 AM
    Hello All! I recently got some good news and wanted to keep you all in tune who are anxiously waiting some sort of correspondence.

I received an email recently from my recruiter stating that my "package has completed final review and is qualified to be presented to the selection panel pending approval of physicals, NCIC, and credit check results, waivers, and/or DD-368s."

This is super exciting that I'm moving one step closer. Good Luck to all!
    alaskacoastie85

--
    10 Sep 2018 08:27 PM
    Well this is the week the board convenes for DCE. Good luck everyone.
    Simple1

--
    11 Sep 2018 11:09 PM
    Craig, another DCA here, brother. Marine applicant and first try. Hopeful but nervous. Sounds like it’s going to be a long wait till Nov.
    alaskacoastie85

--
    26 Sep 2018 09:45 AM
    Anyone get a call from recruiter yet for unofficial results?
    Simple1

--
    26 Sep 2018 04:56 PM
    I hope you know something I don’t, but from my understanding we’re way too early. I think I heard by Thanksgiving, and if we’re lucky, maybe late October.
    alaskacoastie85

--
    26 Sep 2018 08:06 PM
    I was told since the panel date was earlier this year, unofficial results might be earlier.
    Bryanbxbuhu

--
    10 Oct 2018 09:03 AM
    any news?
    Curtman

--
    16 Oct 2018 07:41 AM
    Anyone have an updated release date?
    MegaOhm

--
    16 Oct 2018 11:16 AM
    I just got a call. The unofficial list is out.
    alaskacoastie85

--
    16 Oct 2018 01:29 PM
    Sweet how many they making? I just text my recruiter.
    alaskacoastie85

--
    16 Oct 2018 01:46 PM
    Just got the word. Selected (primary) for DCE.
    alaskacoastie85

--
    16 Oct 2018 03:59 PM
    So once you find out from the unofficial that you are a primary, what is the next step? Are you for sure making it?
    MegaOhm

--
    16 Oct 2018 05:04 PM
    I don't know for sure how many they're making, but my recruiter said that if we're already in the service and on the unofficial list, we should be good since our medical and background stuff should already be in order. (Any recruiters around who know better, feel free to correct me. I may have misunderstood.)
    alaskacoastie85

--
    16 Oct 2018 05:28 PM
    Did you make this list? Are you enlisted as well?
    Clamyman

--
    17 Oct 2018 11:19 AM
    My recruiter called and said I was first for PTMO.........then texted me an hour later and said he screwed up and I was #1 on the alternate for PTMO. Well played recruiter.....well played
    Simple1

--
    17 Oct 2018 05:19 PM
    Posted By Clamyman on 17 Oct 2018 12:19 PM
    My recruiter called and said I was first for PTMO.........then texted me an hour later and said he screwed up and I was #1 on the alternate for PTMO. Well played recruiter.....well played

Dude, that is brutal.
    BeeMan

--
    17 Oct 2018 10:32 PM
    I received a call from my recruiter yesterday and was notified I've been selected for PTMO. Apparently only 6 PTMO packages made it to the board and only 3 were selected. Any other PTMOs out there?
    Bmcalis

--
    18 Oct 2018 04:40 AM
    Also got the call on the 16th, primary for DCA, congrats for those that made it, hope to see you at DCO academy. if you didn’t, don’t get discouraged, please keep trying! Could have given up on DCA three times...so glad I kept trying. USCG is a highly sought after service...people are turning down O4 in other branches to come in as an O2 in the USCG. It really is that awesome, and worth all the effort to get there. Semper Paratus!!!
    Simple1

--
    18 Oct 2018 08:28 AM
    Also got picked up for DCA. Good advice, BM. I almost never applied because I was over on time in service. Good friend of mine told me to apply and let the board tell me no, not to do it to myself.
    Banana57

--
    18 Oct 2018 09:59 AM
    Currently deployed but received an email from the recruiter letting me know I was a primary for DCA. BmCalis is right, on the O-4 board but I won’t be thinking twice about becoming an O-2 in the USCG. Congrats to everyone else who was selected.
    valover

--
    18 Oct 2018 10:37 AM
    Received a call from my recruiter on Tuesday stating I was selected as a primary candidate for DCE (unofficial list). Congrats to everyone else!
    ClarkKent

--
    20 Oct 2018 01:50 AM
    Long time lurker, first time poster. Congrats to all who got the call. My recruiter called Tuesday Oct 16 and advised I was selected as a primary for DCE.

Does anybody know the timeframe on the official list?
    RealQuick

--
    20 Oct 2018 05:35 AM
    I was selected as alternate #6, hopefully I get picked up, but I'm doubtful as I'm so far down the list.
    Simple1

--
    25 Oct 2018 04:55 PM
    Curious if anybody has gotten an email or letter yet? Or will that come out after the official results?
    alaskacoastie85

--
    25 Oct 2018 05:05 PM
    I just got the call from recruiter nothing more. I know seven people made it.
    ClarkKent

--
    25 Oct 2018 11:49 PM
    Some letters for DCE have been sent and received. I was told that it is imperative that, once received, you respond quickly via email or snail mail.

The rumor for the unofficial selection numbers are:
    DCA = 8
    DCE = 8
    DCIO = 2
    DCPA = 1
    DCSS = 6
    PTMO = 3
    alaskacoastie85

--
    26 Oct 2018 12:28 AM
    Do we receive the letter via mail or email? Have you received yours? I’m stationed in Alaska and hope it doesn’t get lost.
    crawl55

--
    26 Oct 2018 06:23 PM
    I received my letter of intent today for DCA. I do have an issue with the timeline and was wondering if anyone else has any experience with not being able to access during the "no sooner" month. I have an Active Duty Service Obligation with the Army until 25 May 2019. The letter states April for commissioning and May for DCO. Any advice or experience here? Thanks in advance.
    Bmcalis

--
    27 Oct 2018 05:40 AM
    @crawl55:
    Congratulations!
    Same here. Got letter yesterday and returned via email. I’m deployed to afghanistan until May. Either HRC or USCG recruiting should be able to work with you on the timing.

I wouldn’t stress too much, I bet this happens a lot. There are waivers and ETPs to cover situations like these, I expect once the detailer reaches out to us we can find the best path through the admin jungle.
    MegaOhm

--
    27 Oct 2018 08:51 PM
    My recruiter told me there's a June class too so if we can't do April/May, we just need to explain why when we send our letters of intent in.
    NextChapter12

--
    29 Oct 2018 02:35 PM
    Congrats on everyone that was selected. I was also picked up as PTMO. I live overseas and I look forward to getting the letter of intent in the mail. I have my UQR completed and ready to turn in. I am only waiting on a commissioning date. Are others in the same boat?
    crawl55

--
    04 Nov 2018 09:06 PM
    Thanks for the positive reply's! I did find out when I replied to the CG that there will in fact be two dates for hiring and DCO. They were just unsure of the dates. Aside from that, anyone able to post 009-18_ALCGRECRUITING DIRECT COMMISSION OFFICER (DCO) PROGRAM 10 SEP 2018 SELECTION RESULTS 31 OCT 18? Thanks for all the help and congratulations to all who were selected.
    ClarkKent

--
    13 Nov 2018 08:30 AM
    Has the detailer contacted anyone about DCO? Is there a standard-ish timeframe they usually reach out?
    Simple1

--
    13 Nov 2018 09:00 AM
    According to the DCO guide, about 3-5mo after the board. I’m just curious with recent news of potential political changes, how this timeline might be adjusted.
    CGScotty

--
    15 Nov 2018 11:35 AM
    R 31 OCT 18
    BT
    UNCLAS //N01131//
    ALCGRECRUITING 009/18
    SUBJ: DIRECT COMMISSION OFFICER (DCO) PROGRAM 10 SEP 2018 SELECTION
    RESULTS
    A. 14 MAY 18 / ALCGRECRUITING 004/18
    B. 17 JUL 18 / ALCGRECRUITING 007/18
    C. Coast Guard Recruiting Manual, COMDTINST M1100.2 (Series)
    D. Coast Guard Weight and Body Fat Standards Program Manual,
    COMDTINST M1020.8 (Series)
    E. Coast Guard Medical Manual, COMDTINST M6000.1 (Series)
    F. Coast Guard Recruiting Command (CGRC) Standard Operating Procedure
    (SOP)
    1. The Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security has
    approved the results of DCO Selection Panel 02-19, which convened
    IAW Refs A and B on 10 September 2018. The panel recommended the
    following individuals as primary and alternate candidates for Reserve
    or Temporary Direct Commissions.
    2. Primary selectees approved by CG PSC are listed in alphabetical
    order.
    3. Alternates are listed in the order appointments may be offered.
    The 02-19 DCO Panel alternate list remains effective until the
    Secretary approves the results of the next DCO Panel for the
    alternate selectee’s respective program. Alternates are encouraged
    to reapply to maximize their commissioning opportunities.
    4. Selectees (selectees are appointed Reserve Commissions unless
    designated for a Temporary (Temp) Commission):
    a. Direct Commission Aviator (DCA)
    (1) Primary:
    Name Commissioning Rank
    Bickham, Steven W. LTJG
    Boyle, Andrew J. LTJG
    Chocholak, Michael A. LTJG
    Cortez, Miguel A. LTJG
    Crawford, Alan R. ENS
    Hammac, Alexander J. LTJG
    Lovell, Justin R. LTJG
    McAlister, Bryan P. LTJG
    (2) Alternate:
    Name Commissioning Rank
    1. McGuire, Tyler J. LTJG
    2. Adams, Clinton R. LTJG
    b. Direct Commission Engineer (DCE)
    (1) Primary:
    Name Unit Comm Rank
    Bruce, John M. OS3 Sector Hampton Roads ENS
    Cato, Mariah D. OS3 Sector SENE ENS
    Gonzalez, Jacobo ET1 (Temp) CGC DEPENDABLE ENS
    Graff, Benjamin M. AET1 (Temp) ATC Mobile ENS
    Hansen, Jennifer P. EM2 Sector Lake Michigan ENS
    Ogg, Devin J. EM1 (Temp) Sector Anchorage ENS
    Yates, Jacob W. IS1 (Temp) CGCU Texas ENS
    Zarama, Alexander J. ENS
    (2) Alternate:
    Name Unit Comm Rank
    1. McDonald, Allen J. ITC COMDT (CG-62) ENS
    2. Haile, Daniel M. ENS
    3. Lofton, Charles ET1 (Temp) CGC RESOLUTE ENS
    4. Marcano, Orlando ET2 (Temp) ESD Atlantic City ENS
    5. Folk, Benjamin AET2 (Temp) ESD Elizabeth City ENS
    6. Quick, Cody T. ENS
    7. Smith, Jonathon ET2 (Temp) Base Charleston ENS
    8. Leeper, Kenneth AET1 (Temp) AIRSTA Sitka ENS
    c. Direct Commission Intelligence Officer (DCIO)
    (1) Primary:
    Name Unit Commissioning Rank
    Berube, Joseph M. LTJG
    Yates, Jacob W. IS1 (Temp) CGCU Texas ENS
    (2) Alternate:
    Name Commissioning Rank
    1. Gribble, Matthew B. ENS
    2. Banks, Curtis T. ENS
    d. Direct Commission Physician Assistant (DCPA) Primary:
    Name Commissioning Rank
    Lindner, Daniel LT
    e. Direct Commission Selected School (DCSS)
    (1) Primary:
    Name Unit Commissioning Rank
    Hughes, Kerrie F. ENS
    Hunts, Justin A. ME2 PSU 305 ENS
    White, Christopher J. ENS
    Crisci, Daniel A. ENS
    Espinoza, Phillip T. ENS
    Taggart, Cole H. ENS
    (2) Alternate:
    Name Commissioning Rank
    1. Bagnal, Holden B. ENS
    2. Bailey, Jacob P. ENS
    3. Cooper, Todd J. ENS
    4. Ferguson, Russell C. ENS
    5. Anderson, Geoffrey O. ENS
    6. McClendon, Zada S. ENS
    f. Prior Trained Military Officer (PTMO)
    (1) Primary:
    Name Commissioning Rank
    Hughes, Kerrie F. LTJG
    Immel, Jonathan M. LTJG
    Marcenelle, Michael C. ENS
    (2) Alternate:
    Name Commissioning Rank
    1. Severance, Maxwell C. ENS
    5. Selectees will receive letters notifying them of their selection
    and any pending commissioning requirements. Final appointment is
    contingent upon meeting all commissioning eligibility requirements
    and remaining fully qualified IAW Refs A through F.
    6. This announcement is for planning purposes only and is not
    authority to issue travel orders to attend DCO school.
    7. Recruiters shall ensure all primary and alternate selectees’ SF-
    86 information is current, then release the SF-86 in EQIP upon
    receipt of this message and mail all original documents via
    traceable means to CG SECCEN to initiate a NACLC check.
    8. The selection panel consisted of the following members:
    Name Unit
    CAPT D. J. Godfrey Operations Systems Center
    CDR R. L. Lewis CG Counterintelligence Service
    LCDR J. H. Gordon COMDT (CG-831)
    LT J. M. Bethel CG PSC-RPM-2
    LT J. E. Silva LDC
    9. Applicants who were not selected or were selected as alternates
    are required to reapply through their recruiting office if
    interested in being considered for any future selection panel.
    10. The proceedings of a selection panel, including its deliberations
    and criteria for selection, cannot be disclosed to any person who was
    not a member of the panel. However, the panel precept is available on
    the Panels and Reports (PARTS) CG Portal page,
    https://cg.portal.uscg.mil/units/cgrc/AccessionsDiv/OAA/SitePages/Pan
    els%20and%20Reports.aspx.
    11. Questions regarding the results of the panel can be directed to
    the Panels and Reports Manager at CGR-SMB-PARTS@uscg.mil.
    12. Serving as a selection panel member is an excellent professional
    development opportunity for officers. Officers interested in serving
    as members of an officer selection panel should contact LCDR Eric
    Meaders via email at CGR-SMB-PARTS@uscg.mil.
    13. CAPT Thomas F. Walsh, Jr., Commanding Officer, CG RC, sends.
    14. Internet release authorized.
    BT
    NNNN

NextChapter12

--
    27 Nov 2018 08:28 AM
    Has anyone learned of their commissioning date yet?
    alaskacoastie85

--
    27 Nov 2018 10:01 AM
    Not an official date no. I think we will hear from the AO first. That’s what I’m looking forward too.
    jbsmith91

--
    27 Nov 2018 04:38 PM
    Any alternate DCE get selected
    jbsmith91

--
    27 Nov 2018 04:38 PM
    Any alternate DCE get selected
    alaskacoastie85

--
    29 Nov 2018 01:14 PM
    Anyone get picks list yet?
    valover

--
    30 Nov 2018 07:21 AM
    I was told that we would not see the list until February or March of 2019.  
    I hope it is much sooner but I won't hold my breath
    crawl55

--
    30 Nov 2018 06:52 PM
    Quick poll...

How do most here who are selected under a direct commission program "depart" their current service.  I had submitted my resignation prior to the board being conducted, but I understand there are some who turn in their resignation paperwork once their notification of selection is made.  For those of you who fit that description, how did you select your date of discharge from your service?  I have to submit a date change to align my discharge date with the commissioning timeline so that there is no break in service.  I am concerned that I will not be informed of the official hire dates until it is too late for me to do so by regulation.  Advice / insight would be appreciated.  Thanks.
    alaskacoastie85

--
    30 Nov 2018 09:19 PM
    I hope that’s not the case or I won’t make it to DCO school. I’m in Alaska and need at least a three month notice to use the ferry to get to Seattle. I might have to go TDY and PCS afterwards. Not sure if that would work but might not have a choice due to me being here in AK.
    NextChapter12

--
    01 Dec 2018 04:52 AM
    Crawl55,
    I have not submitted my UQR paperwork to the army yet. I am doing my best to be patient. Without our commissioning date, I can’t determine my army ETS date (the day prior to). I hope that come mid December we will find out our date. I will submit my UQR paperwork the same day. I am already mentally preparing to get separation orders from the army in February. It will be last minute but it is what it is. It will work out. Is anyone else in a similar situation?
    kirkaland

--
    01 Dec 2018 06:45 AM
    Posted By NextChapter12 on 01 Dec 2018 05:52 AM
    Crawl55,
    I have not submitted my UQR paperwork to the army yet. I am doing my best to be patient. Without our commissioning date, I can’t determine my army ETS date (the day prior to). I hope that come mid December we will find out our date. I will submit my UQR paperwork the same day. I am already mentally preparing to get separation orders from the army in February. It will be last minute but it is what it is. It will work out. Is anyone else in a similar situation?

Submit your uqr for June 1st, and get it approved. Then once you get the actual date you just need to submit a memo and get your orders amended. That's what I did and it took about 1 day for hrc to turn around that memo and then another day for the installation to publish my amendment
    kirkaland

--
    01 Dec 2018 06:49 AM
    Posted By alaskacoastie85 on 30 Nov 2018 10:19 PM
    I hope that’s not the case or I won’t make it to DCO school. I’m in Alaska and need at least a three month notice to use the ferry to get to Seattle. I might have to go TDY and PCS afterwards. Not sure if that would work but might not have a choice due to me being here in AK.

For DCA this last cycle we got notified in early July, got our commissioning date in August, assignment in early October, and commission December 12th.
    ClarkKent

--
    17 Dec 2018 11:55 AM
    Has anyone received any communications regarding picks? Dates? Assignments? I've been on leave for awhile and don't have email access.
    Simple1

--
    17 Dec 2018 06:36 PM
    I’d give your recruiter a call. There were 2 commissioning and associated DCO dates pushed out and I was asked for my preference.  Nothing beyond that though.
    alaskacoastie85

--
    18 Dec 2018 01:55 AM
    Posted By Simple1 on 17 Dec 2018 07:36 PM
    I’d give your recruiter a call. There were 2 commissioning and associated DCO dates pushed out and I was asked for my preference.  Nothing beyond that though.

I’m a primary and I haven’t heard anything from my recruiter. He had told me before that now that I was selected, I wouldn’t deal with him anymore. Maybe because I’m active duty (Coast Guard). Simple1 are you already in the USCG?
    Simple1

--
    18 Dec 2018 09:23 AM
    No, I’m in a different branch.
    crawl55

--
    06 Jan 2019 11:15 AM
    Has anyone selected on this board heard from the AO regarding assignments? I have heard from my recruiter about commissioning dates and school dates, just wondering when we will find out where we are going! I am sure the shutdown and holidays are having some effect...
    mbgribble07

--
    07 Jan 2019 01:37 AM
    What were the dates that you have heard?
    valover

--
    07 Jan 2019 04:18 AM

I was told that commissioning would happen in April and school would be in May.  However, there may be a delay for school because  supposedly  the January class ran out of room and some of the selectees were pushed back to the May class.  I am not sure if that will have an impact on the rest of us but I won't be surprised if it does.

crawl55

--
    07 Jan 2019 06:51 AM
    I also heard April / May for the first class and June / Aug for the second.
    Simple1

--
    07 Jan 2019 05:30 PM
    Who knows with the great shutdown of 2019, but per the generic ‘timeline’, next week puts us right at the start of the 3-5mo window for the AO to reach out. I also requested the 2nd class. But yeah, I really hope it’s soon. My wife and I are getting antsy in all the silence.
    MegaOhm

--
    07 Jan 2019 07:28 PM
    We should already be in that window, since the countdown began the date of our panel. Our panel met September 10, so if things run on schedule, we should find out between early December and early February. But it's the Coast Guard, so I figure we'll find out in March or April.
    ClarkKent

--
    07 Jan 2019 08:16 PM
    I requested the April/June timeframe, however, DA being down may have assisted in the ongoing silence. To the folks that are not in the lower 48 or are overseas and/or in other branches, have you been told anything more regarding PCS'ing? Separating from your branch? Traditional timelines?
    Simple1

--
    07 Jan 2019 08:26 PM
    Other branch here, and no. The last word I got from anybody was my recruiter in early December. They asked for my preference on class date and I asked if I could bank on that or if I should wait for the AO to reach out. They told me to wait.
    NextChapter12

--
    08 Jan 2019 03:40 AM
    I am serving in another Branch and I live overseas. The only information that I have received is that the commissioning date is 29 April. That allowed me to submit all my paperwork and obtain orders to depart my current branch. I think that we will hear something from our reps in the coming weeks. Patience is key. It will happen eventually.
    thecoastismine

--
    14 Jan 2019 05:03 AM
    I realize that the the current political situation may hinder things, but...

I'm a DCSS applicant who made the alternate list. Since applying, I enlisted, graduated boot camp, and I'm out in the fleet doing the job. I plan to try again if I'm not bumped up. If any alternates start getting calls please let me/us know. Good luck to all. Semper Paratus.
    mbgribble07

--
    15 Jan 2019 07:04 AM
    Posted By NextChapter12 on 08 Jan 2019 04:40 AM
    I am serving in another Branch and I live overseas. The only information that I have received is that the commissioning date is 29 April. That allowed me to submit all my paperwork and obtain orders to depart my current branch. I think that we will hear something from our reps in the coming weeks. Patience is key. It will happen eventually.
    NextChapter12, Could you share some more details on this, I am in the same situation. Air Force stationed in Germany. You got orders to separate/PCS already? If so, was that to your home of record? And what did you use for your service to curtail your DEROS and change your date of separation? Thanks for the help. 

KSU

--
    15 Jan 2019 12:56 PM
    Congratulations to all of you selected! I was about where you all are now a little over a year ago after being selected for DCA from the summer 2017 board. Came from the Army. If anyone has any DCA, UQR or DCO School questions feel free to PM me.
    NextChapter12

--
    16 Jan 2019 05:11 AM

Absolutely.  I am in the Army but the process must be similar.  Once I received our Coast Guard Oath of Office date, I submitted my resignation packet. HRC approved it in record time and my local installation “cut” my orders within days.  The army asked me if I prefer orders returning me to my HOR or to the duty station where I entered service.  I picked my HOR, as I will consolidate my household goods here, ship my car to, etc. 

As far as my DEROs, I am only going to exceed it by a few days so it is not an issue for me. I have not even looked into getting it changed. I dont suspect that you will have a problem, as you have a signed DD-368. 

I recommend that you contact your Human Resource career manager and installation transition office. They will be able to answer all of your questions and get you on the right track. I am also happy to help if you have more questions. 

mbgribble07

--
    16 Jan 2019 11:20 PM
    Posted By NextChapter12 on 16 Jan 2019 06:11 AM

Absolutely.  I am in the Army but the process must be similar.  Once I received our Coast Guard Oath of Office date, I submitted my resignation packet. HRC approved it in record time and my local installation “cut” my orders within days.  The army asked me if I prefer orders returning me to my HOR or to the duty station where I entered service.  I picked my HOR, as I will consolidate my household goods here, ship my car to, etc. 

As far as my DEROs, I am only going to exceed it by a few days so it is not an issue for me. I have not even looked into getting it changed. I dont suspect that you will have a problem, as you have a signed DD-368. 

I recommend that you contact your Human Resource career manager and installation transition office. They will be able to answer all of your questions and get you on the right track. I am also happy to help if you have more questions. 

Thank you very much for the information. I have all of the information and paperwork you described so I will go have this conversation and see what happens. I appreciate your time, best of luck to you!

-Matt

ClarkKent

--
    28 Jan 2019 03:11 PM
    Has anybody gotten any information yet?
    crawl55

--
    28 Jan 2019 06:36 PM
    I have been in touch with my recruiter but I have not been in contact with the AO. Is this par for the course? Have others had similar experiences?
    valover

--
    29 Jan 2019 07:03 AM
    Is there anyway to reach out to the detailer?
    FishDuck09

--
    29 Jan 2019 03:52 PM
    After talking with my recruiter, we should expect an additional piece of correspondence by the end of next week either in email or snail mail form with confirmed oath and school dates. OPM was off during the shutdown and they have the applicant info which they will be handing over to the detailers after sending out the correspondence, with detailer contact expected in two to three weeks. Based on CG msgs I believe O3 and below slating is due to be complete by 22 March. Hope some of that helps, even as vague as it might be.
    64driver

--
    30 Jan 2019 12:37 PM
    Hey everyone, I am going to my interview soon and for those that did DCA, can you PM me some of the questions they asked if you remember so I can start prepping?

Thanks

Chris
    valover

--
    05 Feb 2019 11:25 AM
    Has anyone heard from the AO? I received my official commission & school dates but still no info about where we are going.
    Simple1

--
    05 Feb 2019 01:03 PM
    Nothing here yet. I was told expect the end of the month/early next month for the AO to reach out. They’re probably deep with all the current movers right now.
    MegaOhm

--
    05 Feb 2019 02:13 PM
    valover, did you receive official commission and school date via email or in the mail? I still haven't gotten mine.
    alaskacoastie85

--
    05 Feb 2019 04:11 PM
    I received my official commission date and school dates as well via CG email from a civilian at OPM.
    alaskacoastie85

--
    05 Feb 2019 04:12 PM
    Nothing from AO either on my end. I think Shutdown has delayed the process.
    valover

--
    05 Feb 2019 04:18 PM
    MegaOhm, I received it via email last Thursday
    MegaOhm

--
    05 Feb 2019 07:56 PM
    Thanks, alaskacoastie85! Mine was in my CG email. I thought it would come to my personal email.
    FishDuck09

--
    20 Feb 2019 06:12 AM
    Havent heard much, so I figured I'd send an update for the DCA folks after talking with the detailer yesterday...she is planning on sending an email in March to begin the assignments process. Expect a list of what is available vice a 1-24 dreamsheet. That is all.
    thecoastismine

--
    20 Mar 2019 06:05 AM
    I got picked up last week for DCO from the DCSS alternate list!!! WOOOOOOOHHHOOOOO!
    kittyhawk20

--
    20 Mar 2019 10:28 AM
    That's awesome! Congratulations! By any chance how were you informed? I'm an alternate for the MARGRAD Panel that convened on December 3. My spot was #6.
    QWERTY987

--
    26 Mar 2019 09:50 AM
    Has any DCA heard anything from the AO recently? It's been several weeks since the initial email went out, and nothing since.
    Simple1

--
    26 Mar 2019 11:44 AM
    Posted By QWERTY987 on 26 Mar 2019 10:50 AM
    Has any DCA heard anything from the AO recently? It's been several weeks since the initial email went out, and nothing since.

Word on the street is we should hear no later than the 29th.
    alaskacoastie85

--
    28 Mar 2019 11:31 PM
    Has anyone received their oath of office yet for DCE?
    Banana57

--
    29 Mar 2019 05:54 PM
    For any of the DCA selectees, heard from the AO today, said to expect a call on location and platform on Monday, 1 April. Let’s hope they’re not setting us up for an April fools joke. Unfortunately for other DC selectees I can’t confirm if this is the case for the rest of you.
    MegaOhm

--
    29 Mar 2019 06:04 PM
    DCE were told we'd hear by today, but I haven't yet. Anyone else?
    alaskacoastie85

--
    29 Mar 2019 06:28 PM
    No assignment or oath of office received here. DCE
    ClarkKent

--
    29 Mar 2019 08:12 PM
    Silence
    BeeMan

--
    29 Mar 2019 09:42 PM
    Spoke to the AO today- PTMO and DCSS should get a new billet list to rank and return on Monday 1 April.
    thecoastismine

--
    31 Mar 2019 07:01 PM
    GREAT NEWS! I'm logging in to outlook tomorrow and I'm camping there until I hear something.
    Banana57

--
    01 Apr 2019 01:39 PM
    DCA’s got the call from the AO about 30 minutes ago. Looks like all DCA’s should get the call today.
    valover

--
    01 Apr 2019 05:19 PM
    hopefully DCE's will receive a call tomorrow
    MegaOhm

--
    02 Apr 2019 09:06 AM
    DCE updated timeline: assignments by end of next week.
    NextChapter12

--
    03 Apr 2019 03:55 PM
    Has any PTMO or DCSS out there receive any information about assignments?
    thecoastismine

--
    03 Apr 2019 04:15 PM
    I'm DCSS and nothing yet.  I have a phone call scheduled with the AO next Tuesday.  I'm hoping something happens before then.
    valover

--
    04 Apr 2019 02:00 PM
    Did anyone receive an email or call from the AO today ? (DCE)
    MegaOhm

--
    04 Apr 2019 09:44 PM
    No, but I don't expect one until next week.
    thecoastismine

--
    05 Apr 2019 02:57 PM
    Just got an email at 1642 with 12 picks...They were all response ashore billets. I realize it's late in the game and all of the "goodies" have been snagged but they weren't that great...Command Center, anyone??
    ClarkKent

--
    08 Apr 2019 10:43 AM
    At this point humor is the only antidote 

Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    08 Apr 2019 02:06 PM
    ClarkKent that is absolutely hilarious!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    MegaOhm

--
    08 Apr 2019 02:11 PM
    ClarkKent, I've been feeling a little anxious about orders, and this made me feel so much better.
    valover

--
    11 Apr 2019 11:59 AM
    As of today has anyone heard anything ?
    NextChapter12

--
    11 Apr 2019 02:45 PM
    No, I have not received anything.
    BeeMan

--
    11 Apr 2019 05:16 PM
    BeeMan

--
    11 Apr 2019 05:17 PM
    PTMO/DCSS haven’t heard anything. We received a new billet list to re-rank this past Friday and the deadline to return it was yesterday (Wednesday). Have any DCOs heard from their AO about job assignments? Did the DCAs get assignments yet?
    crawl55

--
    13 Apr 2019 12:34 PM
    I have (DCA). I believe that DCA’s have all received their assignments. When I spoke to HR 2 days ago she said she thought that DCA’s were the only ones who had. I don’t have any further information. Sorry.
    MegaOhm

--
    13 Apr 2019 05:29 PM
    DCE deadline has been pushed back to April 24.
    alaskacoastie85

--
    15 Apr 2019 04:25 PM
    Anyone Commissioning April 29th received their Oath of Office and other Commissioning paperwork?
    NextChapter12

--
    16 Apr 2019 12:21 AM
    I have received no correspondence for a number of weeks/ months about the commissioning. I don’t expect it until the 26th or 27th.
    I am praying that we get assignments this week. How wonderful would that be going into the weekend!
    thecoastismine

--
    16 Apr 2019 11:11 AM
    Just received commissioning paperwork in my personal and USCG email boxes. Nothing else about billets though
    alaskacoastie85

--
    16 Apr 2019 12:29 PM
    I received DCO school paperwork but not my Oath of Office paperwork. Are you DCE?
    thecoastismine

--
    16 Apr 2019 03:42 PM
    I'm DCSS.  I received the following three attachments: 

1. Attached is your Appointment Letter
    2. Oath of Office Form (CG-9556)
    3.Active Duty Agreement (ADA)

They came from the Promotions Section OPM Liaison, Mrs. Phillips.
    alaskacoastie85

--
    16 Apr 2019 05:12 PM
    Oh nice. I’m DCE Commissioning April 29th and we haven’t received that yet. Hopefully soon.
    alaskacoastie85

--
    18 Apr 2019 09:58 AM
    Has anyone received actual orders to DCO school? Also any DCEs get their Oath of Office paperwork yet?
    ClarkKent

--
    18 Apr 2019 03:40 PM
    Nothing
    ClarkKent

--
    20 Apr 2019 03:56 AM
    Looks like the oath of office emails are being sent.
    valover

--
    20 Apr 2019 11:22 AM
    I didn’t get mine yet .. I’m a little worried
    BeeMan

--
    23 Apr 2019 07:18 AM
    PTMO/DCSS still haven’t heard from our AO about job/location assignments since Friday 5 April when she gave us a new list of jobs to rank and said,
    Please review the list and get back to me NTL Wednesday the 10th of April.  This will allow me to turn around the orders quickly.”

Did the DCE assignment officer say why the DCE date was moved to 24 April? I’m guessing that our job assignment date may have been moved as well but that the AO has just not communicated the change to us.
    alaskacoastie85

--
    23 Apr 2019 04:34 PM
    I’m a DCE. Received my assignment yesterday via phone call.
    thecoastismine

--
    26 Apr 2019 09:11 AM
    Commissioning day is Monday. Could today be the day that we all get orders?
    BeeMan

--
    02 May 2019 06:49 PM
    PTMOs received job assignments today, 4 days after being commissioned. We are expecting to receive official orders sometime tomorrow!

---
    Active Forums 4.3