SRDC FY20
Last Post 05 Aug 2019 07:55 AM by BuckyCop. 15 Replies.
Author Messages
GreentoBlue

--
26 Feb 2019 10:12 AM
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone on here was anticipating applying for SRDC this year and if any of the up coming board dates are known or available.  I missed the deadline last year and I want to make sure this does not happen again, but it appears that there is little to no information currently available.  I have kept in contact with my recruiter and he tells me that the dates should be announced any time now, but I thought it couldn't hurt to check to see if anyone had any information on here.

Thanks in advance.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ljcalimano

--
    26 Feb 2019 01:10 PM
    For fiscal year 2019 the panel met during the month of October. For the fiscal year 2018 the panel met during the mknrh of September. Assuming the same pattern continues, you can assume the panel will meet around those months this year. However, I would start gathering the documents now so when the time comes you are ready or almost ready.
    GreentoBlue

--
    27 Feb 2019 06:33 AM
    Good points, and most of my required documentation is already compiled from last year.  What I was asking about was if anyone had any information on deadlines for this upcoming cycle.  I can see I wasn't clear on that in my first post.  Last year,  deadlines were clearly posted and even my recruiter has commented that it was strange that they aren't available yet.  This just seemed like a good place to see if anyone had any information.

Also, thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for anyone who is planning on applying this cycle. 
    2019CGH

--
    21 Jun 2019 08:28 PM
    Have there been any updates or other applicants around for the upcoming board?
    GreentoBlue

--
    02 Jul 2019 10:15 AM
    I finally received the deadline dates for the upcoming board from my recruiter.  I am in the process of gathering all of the required documentation and rushing to get the required interviews done.  This has been an extremely hurry up and wait process for me so far and I am in an extremely tight time crunch now to get everything together by the deadline.
    BuckyCop

--
    03 Jul 2019 06:24 AM
    Anyone applying for SRDC/ROCI should know that the program has changed from a 3 week course to a 5 week course beginning June 2020. That may have impacts on civilian employment, but I'm not sure that word has gotten to the recruiters yet. Hopefully it does not dissuade anyone from applying.
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    03 Jul 2019 02:13 PM
    Posted By BuckyCop on 03 Jul 2019 07:24 AM
    Anyone applying for SRDC/ROCI should know that the program has changed from a 3 week course to a 5 week course beginning June 2020. That may have impacts on civilian employment, but I'm not sure that word has gotten to the recruiters yet. Hopefully it does not dissuade anyone from applying.
    I could certainly see where it might.  Many employers only offer 15 days paid military leave.  The more generous ones offer 30.  That would still leave the employee on the hook for the rest of the time.

"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    2019RPA

--
    09 Jul 2019 02:50 PM
    I just turned in the last of my paperwork for my packet.  Also did my interview today.  Fingers crossed.
    ricodeelite

--
    15 Jul 2019 12:47 PM
    Does anybody know what changed in the program that added the additional 2 weeks? I'm assuming the environment is still the same, boot-camp "ish", but just wondering what was changed with the class itself. That extra 2 weeks is a killer with young kids and a full time job. Going to have to really think about it now.
    GreentoBlue

--
    17 Jul 2019 06:47 AM
    Posted By 2019RPA on 09 Jul 2019 03:50 PM
    I just turned in the last of my paperwork for my packet.  Also did my interview today.  Fingers crossed.

Was able to get all of my paperwork in and my interview completed.  Good luck!
    GreentoBlue

--
    17 Jul 2019 06:53 AM
    The O-4 on my interview panel indicated that he used to have a role in Officer training.  Basically he said "I saw 3 ROCI classes come through during my time in New London".   He went on to say that it has been long thought that the 3 week requirement for ROCI was way too short and there has been a goal to make it longer.  Basically indicating that 3 weeks is not long enough to learn everything you need.  The reserve O-3 was prior enlisted and went the SRDC/ROCI route and agreed that the extra 2 weeks is beneficial.
    GreentoBlue

--
    19 Jul 2019 09:09 AM
    Just found out from my recruiter that the selection panel is scheduled to meet on 26 Aug. Haven't seen this posted yet, so I thought I would pass it along.
    hollow23

--
    19 Jul 2019 11:38 AM
    Posted By GreentoBlue on 19 Jul 2019 10:09 AM
    Just found out from my recruiter that the selection panel is scheduled to meet on 26 Aug. Haven't seen this posted yet, so I thought I would pass it along.

good.. i was told a later date in september.. but if it is in fact Aug..that mean results should be out by the end of September.. which would be great.
    jlore

--
    20 Jul 2019 01:35 PM
    Is there an age limit to apply for reserve officer? I’m 35, with 6 years of time in the reserves but only like 6 months AD time.
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    20 Jul 2019 09:22 PM
    Posted By jlore on 20 Jul 2019 02:35 PM
    Is there an age limit to apply for reserve officer? I’m 35, with 6 years of time in the reserves but only like 6 months AD time.

https://www.gocoastguard.com/reserve-careers/officer-careers/programs/selected-reserve-direct-commission-srdc-program
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    BuckyCop

--
    05 Aug 2019 07:55 AM
    You will be fine. 29 was the youngest in our ROCI class, 41ish was the oldest.  There are age waivers you can get.  You would be in the majority if you are 35 most of our class was mid 30's

---
    Active Forums 4.3