AFS Waiver for OCS
Last Post 21 May 2019 08:24 PM by CPORJM. 1 Replies.
Author Messages
arsmatticus

--
21 May 2019 10:26 AM
    Good Afternoon Everyone,

I have been active duty Navy for seven years, and am less than a year from completion of my bachelors degree. I am married to an MK in the Coast Guard, and have been thinking more and more about switching sides when I commission. I am not particularly interested in being a line officer in the Navy, but I think I would like being a CG officer. I also think that it would make colocation easier for us, as mi-to-mil dual branch colocation is really tricky. 

While I was reading up on the requirements, I noticed that OCS applicants may not have more than six (6) years Active Federal Service, but I haven't been able to find any stipulations for waivers or anything of the sort. Does anyone on here know if I can get a waiver for AFS? By the time I am done with college and separate from the Navy, I will have over eight (8) years AFS.

Thank y'all for your time.

-Matt
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    21 May 2019 08:24 PM
    Link to the CG Recruiting Manual. Section 7 addresses Officer Recruiting. 7A3 specifically mentions waivers, and it would appear that a time in service waiver might be a possibility

https://media.defense.gov/2018/May/16/2001917927/-1/-1/0/CIM_1100_2F.PDF

Regards

"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift

---
    Active Forums 4.3