Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
April 12th 2011
Last Post 11 Apr 2011 10:33 AM by cb1918. 26 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
SD_Recruit

--
24 Feb 2011 04:17 PM
    Just got my ship date 4/12/11. I'm pretty excited. Anybody else shipping this date?
    NCG

--
    26 Feb 2011 04:20 PM
    yeah , I'm shipping the same day. can't wait
    SD_Recruit

--
    28 Feb 2011 12:27 PM
    Awesome, where are you shipping out of?
    Mjc209

--
    28 Feb 2011 04:30 PM
    Just got my confirmation today. Shipping out of Pittsburgh, PA.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ojrivera

--
    10 Mar 2011 01:13 PM
    Hey guys you've got a few coming out of Northern NJ, myself included. Definetly excited can't wait to get this going.
    SD_Recruit

--
    15 Mar 2011 05:56 PM
    Cool guys, I'm shipping out of San Diego. Look forward to meeting all of you at the USO in philly and/or the bus ride! Only about a month to go!
    the.guardian

--
    16 Mar 2011 01:19 AM
    Congratulations to you all! Hope it is everything you hope for!! My son is in his second week of Boot Camp, hopefully surviving well
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ojrivera

--
    16 Mar 2011 06:44 PM
    @Guardian,tell your son whenever you write to him that Northern New Jersey said congrats,and to just keep pushing through everything. As for the rest of the April 12 shippers, only a few more weeks til Cape May!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ojrivera

--
    17 Mar 2011 09:24 PM
    Are you guys ready? Its only a little more than 3 weeks away
    slcure1975

--
    21 Mar 2011 03:26 PM
    My nephew is leaving this date as well....any idea around the graduation would be? Me & his mom are planning on driving & need to start saving asap. Thank you
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ojrivera

--
    21 Mar 2011 07:52 PM
    June 3 would be the exact date for the graduation, you can actually check the Coast Guard website for mote info on the graduation schedule.
    slcure1975

--
    24 Mar 2011 07:05 AM
    Is anyone familiar with the area of Cape May & may can give me some pointers on a decent place to stay for a good price for graduation when we drive up? We are driving from Mobile & was thinking of renting a car, does anyone also know of any kind of discount/savings we may can get. Any help would be greatly appreciated...thank you.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ojrivera

--
    24 Mar 2011 08:59 AM
    My family is renting a house from vrbo.com,there are some nice hotels and houses in the area ,you can google search for hotels and houses,call the realtors sometimes they offer deals when you mention you are going for the graduation,car rentals I'm not too sure about.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ojrivera

--
    24 Mar 2011 09:02 AM
    Also if you wan to check out Wildwood there are alot of hotels there,it's only about 15-20 minutes away from Cape May but there are lots of hotels there also.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    24 Mar 2011 09:05 AM
    There is a sticky thread in the CG Family section where people post about the hotels they have stayed at. It has a lot of different reviews and such.

http://www.uscg.org/Forum/aft/5773.aspx

Renting a house in June in Cape May can get quite pricey. That is the summer season and you are talking down the Jersey shore. I don't think you can rent a house for less than a week. So if you are going for graduation and high tailing it home, that might not be the best option available to you. You can also try YELP.COM just enter the city, ask for hotels and you can read reviews, maybe even see pictures there. I love yelp and use it for finding a lot of different things.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    slcure1975

--
    24 Mar 2011 01:58 PM
    Thank you all! I've been researching alot & wow, there's alot places, but so much more than what we're used to lol. I'll look into everything yall mentioned. Thanks again!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ojrivera

--
    24 Mar 2011 06:50 PM
    @Old Guard,my family and my fiancé and her family found a few houses that cut them a great nightly deal,3 nights for 500,there are still realtors who have souls in this world lol
    hayden1777

--
    30 Mar 2011 08:13 PM
    im also leaving that day , flying out of seattle washington see you guys there!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ojrivera

--
    31 Mar 2011 04:35 AM
    Seattle wow nice flight lol
    hayden1777

--
    01 Apr 2011 03:55 AM
    yea its gonna be a long one
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ojrivera

--
    06 Apr 2011 10:21 AM
    Only a few more days guys
    slcure1975

--
    07 Apr 2011 11:49 AM
    Good luck to all of you leaving the 12th! My nephew's date was moved to the 26th...Best wishes to everyone!
    coastgaurddad2011

--
    11 Apr 2011 09:48 AM
    My son is at MEPS right now and will be shipping out for Cape May tomorrow.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    11 Apr 2011 10:26 AM
    You guys are up next! Good luck!
    "It's classified"
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ojrivera

--
    11 Apr 2011 10:27 AM
    NY MEPS bound in a few minutes with other recruits from Northern NJ
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ojrivera

--
    11 Apr 2011 10:30 AM
    Shipping tomorrow btw
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    11 Apr 2011 10:33 AM
    Come back and post when you emerge from the other side 
    "It's classified"
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement