Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
JUNE 7TH 2011
Last Post 06 Jun 2011 09:08 AM by Old Guard2. 98 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 41234 > >>
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
Chisels1

--
24 Feb 2011 06:59 PM
    Wow,  I have a ship date. June 7th 2011. According to my Recruiter it was based on my wanting to go as soon after Graduation as reasonable. I still need to finalize some paperwork but its cool.

Is anyone else leaving on that date?  Also how many groups are going through BC at the same time,I mean are there more then one class? 
    footballdillon

--
    27 Feb 2011 07:30 PM
    Yeah man, im leaving june 7th with ya. Where are you coming from?
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    27 Feb 2011 07:57 PM
    There will be 7 classes senior to you. There is "generally" only 1 class per week. sometimes they are split into two groups but that doesn't happen too often. So it will be your company and 7 senior companies. Each week after you there will be a class. With the exception of holiday time there are always 8 companies at boot camp.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Chisels1

--
    28 Feb 2011 04:59 PM
    Footballdillion, I'm from Massachusetts, currently a Senior at UMass Amherst and will probably be leaving from Westover AFB which is where MEPS is.
    lenkijj

--
    01 Mar 2011 09:02 AM
    Im leaving june 7th as well! from Colorado!
    Jeepin_Coastie

--
    02 Mar 2011 02:28 PM
    I'm leaving June 07 2011 as well guys! There are two others that will be coming along with me from my recruiters office from NJ. We'll be coming from Ft. Hamilton NY from the MEPS center and busing down to Philly to meet you guys.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Chisels1

--
    03 Mar 2011 05:48 AM

We might end up in different groups but hey, should be a good time, Lol. I've been working out to get ready and have been doing some spinning and indoor training until I can get outside which by the look of things could be about the time to ship out.  How are you guys and gals prepping for this?

lenkijj

--
    03 Mar 2011 08:18 AM
    I began a working out and will begin swimming a bunch here when its time for our pools to start opening up. Outside is actually really nice around these parts. Maybe ill be seeing one of you guys down when i go down!
    creeshee

--
    11 Mar 2011 01:28 PM
    I just found out today. Im shipping June 7th as well, from Los Angeles MEPS.
    Been running every other day, and plan to do some swimming as well.
    creeshee

--
    12 Mar 2011 07:29 PM
    If there is anybody around the Burbank, CA area that wants to meet up and do some PT, let me know. Im going stir crazy waiting for the date, haha.
    Jesus

--
    21 Mar 2011 09:17 AM
    I'm shipping out to Cape May June 7th as well. (Chisel1) Been really working on cardio, mainly running and basic PT. How are you guys doing on the general knowledge, I haven't gotten it all down yet.
    creeshee

--
    21 Mar 2011 11:12 AM
    I made flash cards for the 11 general orders and the phonetic alphabet.
    The alphabet is the most annoying part because I work at a police department now, and we use a COMPLETELY different set of phonetics.... Pretty much got them though. Just need to work on the orders more.
    lenkijj

--
    21 Mar 2011 12:04 PM
    I have been working on the general knowledge stuff very basically. Not hard at all, will start soon. Practicing the Phonetic Alphabet is getting easier for me, just running through them a few times a day really. I am now swimming every day, running every day, and doing basic PT as well. My recruiter has been out of town for a while, said i have a final bit of paper work to finish up, Basically signing and all that jazz. And then he told me one last physical? I don't know i already did MEPS physical early that one morning, but I don't really argue Im Just going with the flow.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Chisels1

--
    21 Mar 2011 05:36 PM
    I haven't really been focused yet on Required Knowledge, I have a Degree to finish up and its intense, my Brain is on overload now.

Once finals are done in May I'll work to get them down.

I have been working out, which is a must, not just for PT but for your mind, it keeps you sharp as well as in shape. Spinning, free weights, some running, more as weather melts our snow and haven't got to the pool yet.

I haven't been sleeping much lately, which I should get used to, Lol
    Jesus

--
    21 Mar 2011 09:07 PM
    Yeah, the material we have to learn isn't that bad. There will be plenty more accedimic type knowledge to learn, since we'll be spending a lot of our time in a class room setting during. It's definitely a good investment to focus on getting in shape. The lack of sleep is what kills me.

I can feel your pain, I'm going to school full time this semester too on top of the rest of it.
    lenkijj

--
    22 Mar 2011 11:54 AM
    I'm going to be completely Honest, I have no College under my belt. I have chosen for the passed 6 months to work at 4AM for the fact that, ill try to get used to it. Then afterwards i do whatever to get in shape.
    XWA5004

--
    24 Mar 2011 09:54 PM
    Hey there guys. Coming from Miami MEPS. I've been working out at the gym and running at home usually 2 mile runs. As for the required knowledge my step dad (former Navy) is helping me study. He says always keep in mind it's a mind game. No matter what you do it will not be right and they will get in your face but it's just them being on your case to see how you react. Hope to see you guys there!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Chisels1

--
    29 Mar 2011 06:45 PM
    Its Official now I'm in. DEP to ship June 7th, so happy to start Chapter 2 of my Life.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Chisels1

--
    30 Mar 2011 05:46 AM
    Wow, I coughed up a fur ball or I must stutter, Lol

(I got rid of your duplicates.  I do that too sometimes and it makes me crazy.  Furball all cleared now.  Macie. )
    creeshee

--
    01 Apr 2011 06:21 PM
    So we are going to be Company Hotel 185 by my calculations. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Ahh cant wait!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Chisels1

--
    01 Apr 2011 08:08 PM
    Thanks Macie nice to know you have my back. creeshee, Company Hotel 185, yeah that seems right.
    ZDom

--
    05 Apr 2011 09:01 PM
    Im shipping June 7th from Los Angeles MEPS...Im running every other day and ride my bike 16 miles twice a week (to/from work)...I gotta get back on my swimming game.
    XWA5004

--
    08 Apr 2011 09:29 PM
    Hotel 185? Like the sound of that! Any of you guys already have districts picked out for your dream sheet?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Chisels1

--
    09 Apr 2011 05:44 AM
    Well, I don't know enough to know what I'd like or not like as far as Districts. At one time I thought about Alaska and Southern Cal. because I was looking at a future as an MST and eventually an Officer maybe in Environmental Managing. XWA5004, I think we are getting way ahead of ourselves in this Forum. I kinda think I'm going to let it ride a bit before I plan to much.
    XWA5004

--
    09 Apr 2011 08:06 AM
    You're probably right Chisels1 but I always try to plan things ahead (nasty habit) I'm probably anxious for having to wait.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    otnasirk

--
    11 Apr 2011 05:54 PM
    @Creeshee-I'm also sitting and going crazy for a ship date.Hopefully the same as you guys.But anyhow,i live in South Pasadena,CA.
    Jesus

--
    17 Apr 2011 07:21 PM
    Hotel 185, sounds like we will be getting a two month check-in. I heard we won't be allowed to shoot real guns anymore, there's a laser simulator.
    Jesus

--
    17 Apr 2011 07:21 PM
    Hotel 185, sounds like we will be getting a two month check-in. I heard we won't be allowed to shoot real guns anymore, there's a laser simulator.
    Quaife P.

--
    17 Apr 2011 07:57 PM
    Hey guys, I'll be joining you then as well. I'll be coming from Sacramento though. And I have read the same things about the training guns. However, from something I read here or saw on the Coast Guard Channel, it's extremely helpful for beginners, since the machine can track your movements, the gun's movements, recoil, etc, and the trainers can critique us accordingly. Furthermore, I believe we will have the opportunity to fire real guns and qualify at our first unit. If that is one of the qualifications we need at that unit anyways.
    FN Quaife, ANT Moriches
    Jeepin_Coastie

--
    27 Apr 2011 10:28 PM
    Yeah i just started with a trainer doing a lot of calistenic high paced stuff. She's National Guard so she knows the whole boot camp deal and is working with me I can do the sit ups and push ups. But i hit like 35  push ups at around 40 seconds and then tank out i cant do anymore. My running I really need to start working on, I'm a former High school distence runner, but that was 8 years ago lol.

Also shipmates i just want to appologize in advance, I have friends who are in the CG right now and will know what hall we'll be in and who are CC's are. They say that they're going to send me "care packages" because only the cool people get them from people in the fleet in boot camp. So if we have to do extra IT for this I'm sorry still trying to get them not to screw with me while i'm there lol.

On another note if ppl are worried about the Required Knowledge i have one tip that helped me a ton. With the 11 General Orders and the Guardian Ethos, use a hand held recorder or your computer to record yourself saying them. Then play them back and read along with your recording. Then where you hear general order #1 pause it, and say number one on your own then hit play and listen to it to check yourself. Same thing with the Ethos. Check your cell phone and see if it was the 24 hour clock setting and get used to reading time in military time. Then phonetic alphabet, well i'm a firefighter so I already know that no problem, I would say try the recorder with that as well. Once you know them word for word on your own, you'll remember the number that goes with it and it should make knowing them out of order easier.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 41234 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement