Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
JUNE 7TH 2011
Last Post 06 Jun 2011 09:08 AM by Old Guard2. 98 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 4 << < 1234 > >>
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
Chisels1

--
28 Apr 2011 05:44 AM
Jeepin, Great ideas there, I think I'll use my Ipod and Laptop. I can have my Girlfriend use her voice and recite the 11 General Orders and Ethos, this way I can learn them and hear her voice to even while working out and running using my ipod.

I never thought about the Care Package thing, I hope we don't get smoked over me getting a Package. I can control some of that before I leave but I'll bet my Big Brother or Uncle might try something, geez.
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
28 Apr 2011 07:19 AM
9 times out of 10... the fear of THINKING you are going to get a "care package" in boot camp is worse than actually getting one! LOL
Sector NY, Staten Island
lenkijj

--
28 Apr 2011 11:58 AM
Just DEP'd yesterday! seems so close! im getting really excited, nervous haha.
Jeepin_Coastie

--
28 Apr 2011 05:07 PM
Posted By Old Guard2 on 28 Apr 2011 08:19 AM
9 times out of 10... the fear of THINKING you are going to get a "care package" in boot camp is worse than actually getting one! LOL

The packages really arent my major personal concern, i think it is actually funny... But i would feel bad if the rest of the company got ITed for anything because of me. Personally i'm more worried about the emails my one friend wants shoot one of her other friends who just graduated CC school. She's telling him that i already know my rates, ranks, and ins and outs. And while some of that is true, I do for the most part know rates and ranks but i know that if they indeed do this my CC's are going to look at me as a know-it-all. And that is something i do NOT want to be lol. I want to just be another recruit who has his stuff squared away, eyes in the boat, and moving with a sence of urgency. But we'll see how it goes nothing with in my controll so just go with the flow i guess.   
Jeepin_Coastie

--
28 Apr 2011 05:31 PM
Jeez, i just did some math roughly 5 more weeks of freedom guys...
Basic Member
Basic Member
Chisels1

--
28 Apr 2011 06:40 PM
I'm not sure how many of us there will be but lets be the best damn Company we can be. Lets have our CC be tough on us but be Proud of us as a Company, I'd be happy with that.
creeshee

--
28 Apr 2011 06:41 PM
Posted By Jeepin_Coastie on 28 Apr 2011 06:31 PM
Jeez, i just did some math roughly 5 more weeks of freedom guys...

And still so many things to do....

-Gunna keep running and excersizing untill the last 5 days just to give my self some rest before I get there.

-still have to pack all the things I want sent to my first assignment. Need two separate categories 1. things for a land assignment. 2. basics only for sea assignment.

-buy all of the things that I need to bring to BC, and get them packed in a carry on.

-keep going over all of the required knowledge. get really good at polishing black leather boots. learn how to make hospital corners.

-get my fiance to get over her fear of feeding crickets to my lizard...hahah this might be the hardest part.

-say goodbye to all my friends family and current coworkers.

-swear in at MEPS, and get on the BUS.
MHajec

--
01 May 2011 06:53 AM
Hey all, I've been reading up on some fourms and I just want to let you guys know that you should also study your RATES/RANKS AND PAYGRADES. This was a big fault in my company, everyone kept jacking it up. Also if your not a good swimmer start practicing because you dont swim much, when you do you dont want to fail your test and do remedials M-F waking up at 0430. Good luck!!
Jeepin_Coastie

--
09 May 2011 06:35 PM
coming up another week down now guys. How is everyone feeling?
creeshee

--
09 May 2011 07:21 PM
im getting more and more anxious. The hardest part though is that my fiance is getting a little depressed the closer the time gets. you see, she will be in school for another year, so unless I get stationed somewhere close, we wont be able to see each other for long periods of time.

how bout you? The one month mark getting to you?
Jesus

--
09 May 2011 08:10 PM
I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and get started. Now that the Fall semester is over I have more time to focus on getting ready. Got all the physical requirerments down exepct swimming, which I started this week. Haha, you could tell I hadn't been in the pool for awhile.

About learning the RATES/RANKS AND PAYGRADES, do we have to memorize the entire pay chart?

creeshee

--
09 May 2011 08:29 PM
About learning the RATES/RANKS AND PAYGRADES, do we have to memorize the entire pay chart?

No, I think what is meant is that you should know that a PO1 is E-6, and that a LtJg is O-2, so on and so forth.
Jeepin_Coastie

--
09 May 2011 11:26 PM
Posted By creeshee on 09 May 2011 08:21 PM
im getting more and more anxious. The hardest part though is that my fiance is getting a little depressed the closer the time gets. you see, she will be in school for another year, so unless I get stationed somewhere close, we wont be able to see each other for long periods of time.

how bout you? The one month mark getting to you?

Deffidently nervous about the unknown. But at the same time I think i'm excited. Right now i'm just kind of at the surreal feeling like it almost doesn't seem like its actually going to happen. Kind of a odd thought i know but just seems like its been such a long time coming. I've either gotten side tracked or came up with other reasons not to had other passions. And now its just like i'm actually going to be going through the offical process of becoming a member of the USCG.
Jeepin_Coastie

--
09 May 2011 11:31 PM
lol @ Jesus epic name dude lol. And yeah you just need to know what rank is part of what pay scale E-1 E-2 etc. You'll need to know the shoulder boards and collar pins for each rank. And what each rate is and their duties and how their rate/rank would be titled with their name aka. Master Chief Boatswaines Mate Jones would be BMCM Jones.
Basic Member
Basic Member
TheBigC1234

--
10 May 2011 10:41 AM
Hello all, I 'll be joining you (as of now) on June 7th. I was supposed to leave May 17th but that got pushed back to this date. Nice to meet everyone. I am 23 y/o and coming from CT.
It's Hammer Time!!
Basic Member
Basic Member
TheBigC1234

--
11 May 2011 06:33 AM
Posted By Chisels1 on 28 Feb 2011 05:59 PM
Footballdillion, I'm from Massachusetts, currently a Senior at UMass Amherst and will probably be leaving from Westover AFB which is where MEPS is.

Looks like we'll be leaving from the same MEPS!! My recruiter said 2-3 other's are coming with us this day from my recruiter's office.
It's Hammer Time!!
Jeepin_Coastie

--
11 May 2011 11:58 AM
Yeah i have two other guys going to bootcamp with us from my recruiters office. So there will be 3 of us coming from NJ leaving from fort Hamilton in NYC. See you guys at philly international!
Basic Member
Basic Member
Chisels1

--
11 May 2011 07:26 PM
The BIGC1234, this is sick, we have a pretty good group going on the 7th. Big Graduation this Friday and Sat. from UMass, then next week Bruins Playoff, hell yeah. Then its all getting CG ready, we should have a sick Company.
Jeepin_Coastie

--
11 May 2011 08:09 PM
we gotta stick together guys! They are gonna run us into the ground, and try to break us. Going to be a lot of low points especially the first 3 weeks. We gotta look out for each other make sure we're all motovated, focused,  and good to go. Anyone of us has thoughts about wanting to quit we gotta be there for them and push them and make sure they dont. And i'm saying this now knowing full well that person could be me, there is no way to know how you will deal with the stress and labor untill you're in it. So if it is i ask that my shipmates help me, and in return i will help each and every one of you guys the best i can. Hopfully we'll be able to graduate with only minimum reverts. I woudl love if we graduated with a full class, however i know that is like a .00001% chance of that happening. But heres to hoping guys!
Jeepin_Coastie

--
16 May 2011 10:54 AM
well 22 more days till we all meet in the sleepy vacation town of Cape May. How is everyone feeling? Final thoughts concerns?
Firefighter_Hargrove

--
16 May 2011 09:18 PM

Count me in on June 7th! Im hailing from Jacksonville, FL.  Im going in as a reservist.

Basic Member
Basic Member
Chisels1

--
18 May 2011 05:52 AM
T-Minus 21 days and counting my friends.   UMass Graduation weekend in the books, Big Boston Bruins win last night and then my Graduation Party up nexted.

I'm feeling some jitters starting to rumble but things to do will keep them quite. In Boston for a few more days then back home for Party and final days of working out and getting my stuff together.

How is everyone dealing with these final days?
Grey_De_Leon

--
19 May 2011 07:12 PM
Well looks like I'm joining you guys at Boot Camp June 7th just had my Medical Inspect at MEPS in Doral FL, and I also swore in today. I'm from Miami, FL. Now just the final wait.
creeshee

--
19 May 2011 09:53 PM
Welcome to the Crew
Jeepin_Coastie

--
20 May 2011 01:11 AM
Welcome man! And Chisels it's starting to sink in man just spent a whole two days haning out with my best friend knowing that even after boot i'm more than likely not going to see him for a long ass time before i have to report for my first duty station. So the reality of literally leaving everyone behind is really starting to set in. But I know that we'll be so busy trying to take care of each other while we're there i probably wont even have time to think about that stuff. I'm more so dreading the life cycle classes and the first week of sleep deprivation lol.
Basic Member
Basic Member
Chisels1

--
20 May 2011 05:32 AM
Up early here in Cambridge, gf asleep, Lol.  Another great Bruins win. We really have a diverse group and we will need to band together.  There is only one drawback to BC and that is getting to know each other better, I mean other then as Recruits.

Its all about being re-built into Coast Guardsman, just seems a shame but maybe we will cross paths during our careers.

Once that Bus pulls into Cape May, we won't have time to get nervous.
Jeepin_Coastie

--
20 May 2011 12:07 PM
Posted By Chisels1 on 20 May 2011 06:32 AM
Up early here in Cambridge, gf asleep, Lol.  Another great Bruins win. We really have a diverse group and we will need to band together.  There is only one drawback to BC and that is getting to know each other better, I mean other then as Recruits.

Its all about being re-built into Coast Guardsman, just seems a shame but maybe we will cross paths during our careers.

Once that Bus pulls into Cape May, we won't have time to get nervous.

lol agreed! but there will be a sence comradery between us all because we will all be learning. And we all learn at different speeds so when we help each other out at the drop of a hat there is no way to fight it you will start to feel a bond with your other shipmates. I've been in something simular before it will happen.
Jesus

--
20 May 2011 03:14 PM
As long as the bonding doesn't involve trading spit in the shower I will be okay with it.
Jeepin_Coastie

--
20 May 2011 04:35 PM
LMAO! Dude i think we're going to be so thirsty at that point and boarderline dehydrated from the PT and IT sessions that we will probably be saving every last ounce of spit we can.
Basic Member
Basic Member
TheBigC1234

--
20 May 2011 06:01 PM
How are you guys physically prepared? knowledge wise?

I've been doing push-ups/sit-ups daily not quite at passing but close. Push-ups in a minute my high before failure is like 20 sit-ups I can do 60 but not the 38 in a minute so have to work on speed. Running I still am recovering from sprained ankle (crossing fingers I'll be going on 7th) bu prior to injury i was just doing 2-3 miles daily.

Knowledge I got 11 general orders set, ranks for the most part, Ratings I'm working on, and Creed set.
It's Hammer Time!!
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 4 << < 1234 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement