Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
JUNE 7TH 2011
Last Post 06 Jun 2011 09:08 AM by Old Guard2. 98 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 4 << < 1234 > >>
Author Messages
Jeepin_Coastie

--
20 May 2011 06:52 PM

Yeah man i hope you get cleared to come with us! I'm doing ok physically i guess i'm right at the 50% mark of the average population. push ups i hit 34 before failure and around 40 seconds or so. Sit ups are really close only like 42 if i'm fresh and not tired or anything in a full 60 seconds. The running i really haven't been doing a whole lot of 'cause when i was my feet were riddled with blisters and my recruiter said meps wont ship me if i have any cuts even paper cuts or open blisters or sores. So i've stopped for the time being and i was a distence runner in high school. Granted that was 7 years ago... but Im not over weight and dont smoke i should be able to get into running shape and pass the mile and half with out an issue by the time they give us the first physical during week 3 or 4.      

XWA5004

--
22 May 2011 01:06 PM
I feel the jitters and it feels like something grabbed my heart. I'm pretty good with the knowledge and I'm set with the sit-ups and swimming, however the push-ups and running I'm still working on. While we're there if any of you guys need help with the general knowledge just let me know and I'll help 
Jeepin_Coastie

--
22 May 2011 01:35 PM
lol dude there is going to be soooo much more we're going to need to remember once we're in there. But every company i've read in the blog always has average midterm scoreds in the 90% range so i dont see why any of us should have any major issues.
XWA5004

--
22 May 2011 01:53 PM
True, The Coast Guard are pretty selective when it comes to recruits 
Basic Member
Basic Member
TheBigC1234

--
22 May 2011 03:59 PM
if it's anything like the ASVAB, high school material, I think we should all be set. I heard that boot camp can count as college credits. Anyone else hear this?
It's Hammer Time!!
Basic Member
Basic Member
Chisels1

--
22 May 2011 07:13 PM
Congrats to those who are chiming in for the June 7th thrill ride. It is like the last mile, Lol.
Couple more days in Boston then home for Grad Party. My Brother is heading to Ft Benning a week after me going to Cape May so the 2 of us are going to get some extra PT in together.

That will mean 3 of 4 boys in my Family served their Country.

College credits? I haven't heard that.

My parents are looking to be at MEPS to see me off, that needs to happen, they were there for my Older Brother and I kind of want them there. Hopefully my Parents and gf will be at our CG Graduation on the 29th of July.
Jeepin_Coastie

--
22 May 2011 11:01 PM
I haven't heard anything about college credits. I know that military service will get you extra points and somtimes in some states even put you at the top of the list for civil service jobs. But thats the only thing i heard that gives you extra credit to anything. only like 2 weeks left of freedom left from here on. Hard to believe its hear already i remember counting down the calender from the day i DEPed in and saying ok 14 weeks left of being a civilian lol. Now i'm wondering where all that damn time went to lol. Looking forward to seeing all of you guys at the airport and enjoying our final moments as civilians lol.
XWA5004

--
24 May 2011 08:10 AM
Sorry to say this guys but my ship date got pushed back to June 28th so I won't be joining you all. But I still may see you there just not in the same company. Good luck guys!
Jeepin_Coastie

--
24 May 2011 12:01 PM
DAH!  Bro that sucks man. At least you're only held off from a few weeks though and from what i've noticed over the past couple. They freaking fly man! I can't believe its only 2 weeks to the day that we show up in TRACEN Cape May.
ROBINSON13

--
25 May 2011 05:28 PM
hey guys i was supposed to leave on the this past Tuesday but they lost my paper work so it looks like ill be shipping out with everybody here
Jeepin_Coastie

--
25 May 2011 06:24 PM
welcome man! I think someone here counted the weeks and its looking like we're going to be company Hotel 185.
creeshee

--
25 May 2011 06:44 PM
Just signed all my final boot camp paper work today. Now nothing to do but count the last 13 days as they pass...Im getting to the point where its hard to sleep because its all I think about at night.

Basic Member
Basic Member
Chisels1

--
25 May 2011 06:55 PM
Well, the next Big event and last hoorah is my Grad Party on the 29th. After that its making ready for the Big Ship Day. My Dad is keeping me busy with bull work and stuff. I'm looking forward to getting started and yet nerves will creep in here and there.

Going to take my Parents and Brothers out for a good dinner on me before I leave. Grandma wants to see me off, Ahh, shucks.
Jeepin_Coastie

--
26 May 2011 01:15 PM
Just finished signing my package with my recruiter. Hard to believe  only a couple of more days left. 12 years since i first became interested in this branch and finally going away, and going to have the privilage to wear those ODU's!
Basic Member
Basic Member
TheBigC1234

--
26 May 2011 07:17 PM
I think if it's not the CC's first yelling at us it's the ODU's that it will hit me that I'm in the CG. Still not nervous (only about ankle sprain) or worried or anything. Really just excited for it to happen.
It's Hammer Time!!
Basic Member
Basic Member
Chisels1

--
26 May 2011 07:53 PM
Yeah BigC1234, Its like climbing the first hill of a monster roller coaster, you know whats going to happen and you aren't sure you'll survive the decent. Look at it this way, look at all those who have passed BC before us, its a Majority.

Its the wait thats worse then the event, Lol.

I'm going to be scared to heck until I get yelled at for the first time, hopefullly not at all, I'm a nice guy, I'm not a dirtbag, I respect people, love America and our Military but that Civilian costume has to go and those CC's are going to make sure we never wear it again, its not personal, according to my father and my Brother.

Its a de-programming and re-programming to CG Standards.
Jeepin_Coastie

--
27 May 2011 12:34 AM
Hit the head on that nail man! No one wants to get called out or yelled at. But its going to happen if you like it or not, if your doing something right they're going to say its wrong just to yell at you and confuse you and see how you hold up under the pressure. Dont take any of it personally. Keep your mouth shut and ears open, the whole "your a POS! you dont belong here whats wrong with you are you stupid?"! Just need to let that roll off your shoulder and listen to the actually orders. Someone screws up dont make them feel bad about it, the next you could be the reason the whole company is a 30 minute IT session lol. I'm just hoping we dont need to do too many life cycle sessions lol.
Jeepin_Coastie

--
Hit the head on that nail man! No one wants to get called out or yelled at. But its going to happen if you like it or not, if your doing something right they're going to say its wrong just to yell at you and confuse you and see how you hold up under the pressure. Dont take any of it personally. Keep your mouth shut and ears open, the whole "your a POS! you dont belong here whats wrong with you are you stupid?"! Just need to let that roll off your shoulder and listen to the actually orders. Someone screws up dont make them feel bad about it, the next you could be the reason the whole company is a 30 minute IT session lol. I'm just hoping we dont need to do too many life cycle sessions lol.
Jeepin_Coastie

--
Basic Member
Basic Member
TheBigC1234

--
30 May 2011 07:43 PM
Considering there are seven days till report in at MEPS doesn't look like I'll be leaving with you guys. This is so frustrating!!! Its been almost two months for a dang sprained ankle. Have to call my recruiter tomorrow and see what's going on.
It's Hammer Time!!
Basic Member
Basic Member
Chisels1

--
30 May 2011 08:52 PM
Wow BigC1234 that stinks man. My Brother Rolled his ankle in a HS Volleyball practice, the Doc put it in a Hard Cast because of how bad it was. He was a Star Player. He lost 1/2 his Volleyball season, it can be serious and take time. He is supposed to be going to Ft Benning for BT for the Army National Guard on June 15th. He got his Cast off May 18th and has been working his ankle. He got cleared but it still is sore and doesn't want any problems at BT.

Don't know what to say, except take care of the Ankle first, the CG doesn't want you to complicate the injury and be of no use to them. Do you have a Dr. that needs to sign off when its heeled? Take Care you'll just be delayed some would have been nice to have another buddy from the area shipping on the 7th.
Jeepin_Coastie

--
30 May 2011 09:23 PM
well i'll be checking in to the hotel from MEPS a week from today Where the heck did all the time go? I remember counting 14 weeks when i DEPed in... Hard to believe its finally here. How old is everyone thats going? I have a feeling i'm gonna be grandpa of the company at 25 lol.
lenkijj

--
30 May 2011 11:06 PM
going in at 19 here
Jesus

--
31 May 2011 07:11 AM
I'll be turning nineteen during BT. I know it sucks... at least I won't be the grandpa like Jeepin lol.
Jeepin_Coastie

--
31 May 2011 09:04 AM
hahahah damn! and you know the funny part is?! i'm going for active duty too.
creeshee

--
01 Jun 2011 01:01 AM
Ive got you beat. I turned 26 in April. Most people say I look much younger though, so I dont think many will notice.
Jeepin_Coastie

--
01 Jun 2011 11:40 AM
lol same here i look maybe 21 at the most.
SR_AWs_Mom

--
01 Jun 2011 03:35 PM
A FB page has been set up for Hotel 185, mostly for families & friends to commiserate during your 8 week absence. 
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_100402516712873&ap=1

If you post before you leave for boot, be mindful that the CC's do have access to the company pages.  However, lots of recruits join the pages after boot to keep up with one another.

Best wishes in boot!

Hotel 184 Mom
SR_AWs_Mom

--
02 Jun 2011 08:20 PM
Looks as if a company did not form on the 31st, so that would make you Golf 185 Here is the FB page if anyone is interested . . . http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_194622813907301&ap=1
Grey_De_Leon

--
03 Jun 2011 03:05 PM
My Last day of work was monday. Can't wait for BC been preparing for a while now, so I'm anxious to get started. I'm 21 so hopefully I'll be in the middle of the age range. Hope everyone enjoys these last few days.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 4 << < 1234 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement