Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
MEPCOM appeal
Last Post 19 May 2011 07:44 PM by YNCoastie101. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Garrett375

--
15 Mar 2011 07:42 PM
    any advice for doing up an appeal for MEPCOM? being as that i was PDQ'd from the CG and me looking into why, i am told that i am unable to join any of the branches.
     But, i do have the right to appeal this. and im wondering if anyone has any advice?
    this is basically my last shot at any branch of service =(
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    COASTIE_OS

--
    16 Mar 2011 06:26 AM
    What was the reason for the DQ??
    Garrett375

--
    16 Mar 2011 01:46 PM
    well i had broken wrists 5 years ago
    broken collar bone with retained hardware, 3 years ago
    low back pain due to pulled muscle, 5 years ago
    all that had prescreen waivers

...then i dislocated my shoulder. i resubmitted my prescreen form showing the above stuff and the dislocation, and i was told by my recruiter that i was PDQ'd.
    i wrote a letter to MEPS asking WHY i was PDQ'd and my letter was forwarded to MEPCOM. mepcom said i was PDQ'd for everything i put down.

so yesterday i talked to the Army recruiter, and he said that im out for ALL the branches basically because MEPCOM is involved. And the only way i can serve in ANY branch is if i can get an appeal done.
    Bad news huh? *sigh*
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    16 Mar 2011 08:17 PM
    A swift kick in the dingle berries that is for sure, Garrett...I am so sorry to hear this. I have shared all I know with you already sorry I cannot be of any more help to you. :-(
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    JBraz

--
    17 Mar 2011 01:34 PM
    Yes you have multiple disqualifying factors. I don't think anyone is going to be able to offer you any advice. Sorry.
    ~My destiny is to help others fulfill their destiny~
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    17 Mar 2011 02:07 PM
    So you had waivers for everything except your shoulder?

Get a letter from your doctor for your shoulder to show them that it is good to go. I am not sure if there is a time restriction as to how long ago it had to have happened or not, but once you can get all that information then I would appeal it and keep trying to get through meps.

If this is what you really want to do then you'll get through it, just know that all that stuff might bother you through training. Most people that had pre-existing conditions that they thought they would be able to get by on did not make it through boot and left within a couple weeks.

But not everyone and it's not impossible. I have really bad feet and my arches are messed up which I didn't really realize until I got to boot. I went through hell and at one point couldn't walk normal with my CCs noticing. I gave them a heads up that my feet were messed up but that I didn't want to go on green belt and I was trying to work it out. They were fine with it, I didn't get any special treatment, they would call me out on marching goofy but it all worked out. I have inserts in my boots that I have to use every day but its worth it I am glad I stayed in.
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    YNCoastie101

--
    25 Mar 2011 09:45 PM
    My advice to you is wait 2 years then try to get in again (assuming you won't be too old to join). The MEPS purges medical DQs after 2 years.
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    26 Mar 2011 07:08 AM
    YN,
    Waiting two years is not the answer. OP would still need to list the information on his medical prescreen. His paperwork is in the system at MEPS and recruiting systems. Waiting two years and trying again without listing the info is a quick way to fraudulent enlistment.
    I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    YNCoastie101

--
    19 May 2011 07:44 PM
    Sorry... wasn't trying to give bad info. I should have been more specific. All the DQ reasons you listed shouldn't DQ you for military service provided you are not disabled due to those injuries. My advice was not to preclude anything from the pre-screen... I'm just saying that if you can show your physically qualified over time, you have a better shot at passing your physical. MEPS medical physicians have the say so anyway. So yes... the next go-around you would still have to disclose the same stuff as this go-around. Plus you have to consider that Doctors are human too - they have thier own biases. Whose to say that one MEPCOM doc working right now would say the same thing as the next one down the road a few years.

So here is my more appropriate piece of advice... if your dream is to serve in the military, keep on trying. I'd rather have a sailor who wants to be a part of the CG than someone who just wants to collect a paycheck.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement