Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
May 3, 2011
Last Post 02 May 2011 09:43 PM by disciplecore. 95 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 4 << < 1234 > >>
Author Messages
jgraff522

--
12 Apr 2011 06:16 AM
yayyy!!! see you guys in 3 weeks!!!
For ever yours

--
14 Apr 2011 11:03 AM
How old are u Nola and MikeQ?
NOLA

--
14 Apr 2011 07:14 PM
Ever yours, I am 23.
CLammers

--
14 Apr 2011 11:37 PM
Coming from CA, see you May 3rd!
jgraff522

--
15 Apr 2011 01:43 PM
yay clammers!!! you guys getting pumped? you guys working out at all? how are you preparing?

CLammers

--
15 Apr 2011 11:42 PM
hey hey, yeah cant wait! so pumped for this experience. definitely been working out, doing exactly what the PT test will be, push ups, sit ups, running swimming etc. what about you jgraff?
Live4USCG

--
16 Apr 2011 02:00 AM
Hey guys and gals! Supposedly my definite ship date is May 3rd, although my ship dates have been getting postponed since last November ha ha. Hope I see you all over there.
jgraff522

--
16 Apr 2011 07:28 AM
live4 where ya coming from?

clammers...yea i been working out on my normal routines...but the next 2 weeks im gonna focus on what you said...running, push ups, sit ups, swimming etc. i cant wait...cant believe its only 2 weeks away!
CLammers

--
16 Apr 2011 09:58 AM
exactlyyyy might as well do the workout/routine which will be tested on right? haha. so you have any idea where you would like to be after basic, and what type of job you'll want in the long run?
jgraff522

--
16 Apr 2011 11:19 AM
well im from south florida so id want key west bc its awesome down there...but then id also like to go to san diego...but i want to go to a cutter and get underway and stuff. i want to experience everything to the max!! at first i was thinking i wanted to be an os but i also like me and mst and maybe bm...i have no clue!! lol thats why ill go to a station as a non rate and decide after i see what everyone does. where and what are you thinking?
CLammers

--
16 Apr 2011 11:47 AM
sounds like a great plan. well im looking into ME because i have a degree in Criminology and Criminal Justice, Law enforcement has been part of my life for some years now and figure i could try and pursue it with the CG. possibly Hawaii because my family is out there, maybe CA or Florida. ideally wherever there is more use of ME's id like to be.
jgraff522

--
16 Apr 2011 01:51 PM
i was thinking hawaii too...or maybe boston...idk lol i think san diego will be my first choice tho

did you read this....http://www.uscg.org/Forum/aft/10415.aspx

Live4USCG

--
16 Apr 2011 01:53 PM
I am coming from a small coastal town of Fort Bragg, CA. I am 19.

How long did it take you guys to get a definite ship date?
Clint F

--
16 Apr 2011 06:25 PM
I got my ship date about 3 months after I met my recruiter for the first time. I am also 19 and cant wait for may 3rd.

Clint
Live4USCG

--
16 Apr 2011 07:50 PM
Sup Clint, my name is Taj. I am glad I am not going to be the only 19 year old ha ha. You nervous?
jgraff522

--
18 Apr 2011 01:08 PM
i started swimming laps today and its def harder then i expected!! will get at it again tomorrow!
CLammers

--
18 Apr 2011 02:46 PM
hey Taj, im right down your way. I'm in the east bay/oakland area. I played in a baseball tournament years back up there. are you going out of the San Jose MEPS?
Live4USCG

--
18 Apr 2011 03:24 PM
Is everyone going into active duty or are some people going to be reservists?
Live4USCG

--
18 Apr 2011 03:34 PM
Hey CLammers, oh that is so cool I go down there all the time to visit family. No they are having me go to Sacramento. 

jgraff522, when you go swimming raise your arms out of the water and over your head and tread water just with your legs as long as you can.

CLammers

--
18 Apr 2011 04:15 PM
ohhh got ya, very nice my man. Well ill see you in NJ then. Im going active. how bout you?
jgraff522

--
18 Apr 2011 05:01 PM
thanks live4...ill be sure to try that tomorrow. i was also watching videos about total immersion. swimmings the only thing im worries about...i cando all the other stuff but hopefully i can get better in the next 2 weeks!

im going active! im thinking ill be the oldest one there!! lol
Clint F

--
18 Apr 2011 05:28 PM
Hey Taj, I am not nervous at all yet, but I am shure I will be once I get on the plane, I have been wanting to do this for a long time. I am good at running and swimming so I have been practicing push ups and sit ups. Cant wait to meet all of you at Cape May soon.

Clint
Live4USCG

--
18 Apr 2011 08:48 PM
Huh, well I may be the only person that is going to be a reservist ha ha, but that is because I am coming back to go to college and apply to the CSPI program. 

Sorry jgraff522, I know I am not supposed to ask a woman this but how old are you? I am sure they will train us well in swimming.

Yeah Clint I know it is one of those things that you can't believe it is happening until you get there ha ha.

jgraff522

--
19 Apr 2011 06:36 AM
lol no worries bc it doesnt bother me...im 26 right now but i will turn 27 in boot camp...may 22...ive heard i can expect lots of push ups!! lol
Live4USCG

--
19 Apr 2011 03:24 PM
Oh that is not that bad, just sucks that you are going to have your b-day in boot ha ha. Hey I've got a tip for doing pushups. Take a hiking backpack and fill it with some big heavy books, then do pushups with that on your back. Have enough weight in the backpack that only allows you to do like ten full pushups.
FL824

--
19 Apr 2011 03:49 PM
Yay Im 27 and glad I wont be the oldest now either!!! I leave May 3 and Im getting antsy!!!
jgraff522

--
19 Apr 2011 06:08 PM
awesome fl!!! i answered you on the razor blade thread but im coming from miami florida! im so excited there's another "old" girl with me!!! where you coming from? im more excited then nervous (as of now...im sure the nerves will set in soon) but i cannnnntttttt waaaaaiiiittt!!!!
FL824

--
20 Apr 2011 07:01 AM
Ya Im excited as well and I actually turn 28 in August!!! Im going active as well and would also love the station Key West but thats just dreaming Im sure!!! But like you said Im so ready for a new adventure and to do something new and serve our country at the same time! Ive been running, biking, and swimming as well....swimming isnt bad but man treading water for 5 min...those are the longest 5 min ever so ive been practicing that a lot as well! The only thing I really need to work on are pushups! I get to about 10 and want to die lol!
FL824

--
20 Apr 2011 07:05 AM
Oh and Im coming from the Fort Walton Beach/Destin area....we have all the pretty white beaches...definitly been a beach bum for the last 11 years so this is going to be a big change for sure....If I wasnt working at my credit union I was laying on the beach! FL will be missed for sure...hope to get back to it one day!
jgraff522

--
20 Apr 2011 08:05 AM
lol i hear ya! im the opposite of you...i can tread water no problem but swimming the 100 will be my biggest problem!! and of course push ups. excited to meet you!!
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 4 << < 1234 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement