Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Tango 184 - Graduation 4/22/2011
Last Post 24 Mar 2011 01:07 AM by DevilDog35. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
DevilDog35

--
23 Mar 2011 06:12 PM
    Hello everyone!
    My name is Josh, and Susanna my G/F is currently in Tango - 184. Just wanted to start a chat and see if anyone has received any mail or knows if our mail is getting to them. Me and her family received a letter early week two but nothing since then. Thanks everyone!

Josh
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    23 Mar 2011 07:43 PM
    Welcome aboard. I always got letters on Thursdays. Thursday was a great day when Colin was in boot camp. She might not be getting a lot of write time or she is just getting everything squared away on Sunday's and opting to not write. She knows you love her, you know she loves you... she just hopes you remember that when she needs to iron a blouse or shine some boots rather than write. But I'm sure you will hear from her sooner rather than later.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    coreyshaw

--
    23 Mar 2011 07:54 PM
    It was always Wednesdays for me to get letters from my girlfriend. It all depends on how far you live from Cape May though I guess.<br>
    The recruits dont have a lot of time to stand around and write letters. Sunday (especially in the early weeks of boot camp) is the day that letters are written. During divine hours. But divine hours arent used JUST for writing. That's when the recruits get the chance to go to church, tidy up their uniforms, etc.<br>
    Like old guard said, she loves you, you love her and when she gets the time to write, Im sure you'll get a letter.<br>
    I know what it's like having a girlfriend in boot camp, and it stinks<br>
    Not sure if you know about it or not, but if you go to www.uscgbootcamp.com your girlfriend's company posts weekly journal updates of the "going's on" in her company. Im not sure about now, but when my girlfriend went through, they came out every Tuesday I think. And if you're lucky, you'll get a few pictures in the journal entry.<br>
    PM me if you have any trouble being a BF at home while your GF is in boot camp. I found it harder once she graduated personally.
    DevilDog35

--
    23 Mar 2011 10:41 PM
    Hiya!
    Well Nice to meet everyone. Ty for the fast reply. Yeah I got a letter ummm week two, I think,and the commanders letter of course. The commute time to both her mother and me is about three days. So neither of us got letters last week and so far of course nothing this week. So just was wondering. I was in the Marines and I remember Sundays as well being a day to write letters. We must have a different Sunday setup because for us Sunday was not that bad at all. We had plenty of time to do our uniforms, read knowledge and of course the most important part..reading and writing letters. Dont get me wrong Sundays in the Marines during bootcamp is hell but ...you get a good slice of time to write home. LOL.I assume because the bootcamp is shorter they compress it a bit more and dont allow as much time for writing. The journals have been a great read for me. Its neat to compare our experiences from one military branch to another. I am pretty sure in first journal a few of those posts where done by Susanna. She has a very distinct writing style and I am betting some money with her mom that she got to write at least two of those..LOL so its alittle bet we have going.
    I am currently a Video Game Designer in Los Angeles . She of course is asking for the west coast and it would be nice if she got Long Beach, Santa Barbra or even San Diego. Not holding my breath tho, its like tossing cards into the air and seeing what you get. They do "Try" but its all based on needs. I got lucky I got Camp Pendelton which is what I requested. So hoping our family luck continues with her duty station.
    As for what happens after bootcamp..again its a turkey shoot even for that subject. I have no idea. They told her she had to wait for her A School and until then she will be stationed somewhere to do some kinda job (as you can see I have no idea what job) She also is in a officer selection program. (She did the entire interview process all that)This is where she was able to go to Enlisted Bootcamp and if she is selected then she will leave directly to Officer training school.If she does not get selected its a year wait to re-apply and by that time she may or may not have gotten to her A school yet.So this entire year is just going to be a mess...Unless of course the "orders gods" send us something wonderful like LB or SB. I just hope a few weeks near Christmas can stay clean. As for being without her..its horrible, I dont like it, but I eat, breath air and suck it up the best I can. Sometimes not as tough as I want to be,find myself being a emotional weakling but its Susanna..she is everything to me..soooo I wait. Might get a letter ...Might not..sucks..but ...28 days to go..prolly two weeks till a phone call...keep pushing forward. BTW would love to hear about the after boot camp phase..that is very interesting to me and would be most appreciated.
    SAVbourne

--
    23 Mar 2011 11:43 PM
    Hi Josh,
    If you're on facebook you can join these two groups:

This one is for family and friends of the Coast Guard. They post pics on the weekends of each previous Friday's graduation and sometimes they'll post photos of other companies that happen to be walking on base or drilling at the time. My DH is in U-184 and I've spent a lot of time playing "where's waldo" to find him ... but he's been in a couple!
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk...6896691348#!/group.php?gid=300455634868" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk...0455634868

Also, this is the group for family and friends of Company Tango 184.
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk...6896691348

Hope this helps you some! :o)
    "he who rejects change is the architect of decay."
    SAVbourne

--
    23 Mar 2011 11:46 PM
    Wow, those links didn't really work out, and now it won't let me edit it.

You can search for "USCG Tango 184" on FB and it will pop up.

For the other group search "USCG Parents, Family and Friends"
    "he who rejects change is the architect of decay."
    DevilDog35

--
    24 Mar 2011 01:07 AM
    Wow Thank You! Looking at it now! My turn to look LOL
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement