Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
update
Last Post 04 Apr 2011 08:44 PM by captkyguy. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
Bella0426

--
30 Mar 2011 06:28 AM
    So I took my test a few weeks ago and I passed so I went to Meps yesterday and everything was going great I was passing all my test and everything then it got down to the hearing test. Now I did have tubes in my ears but they fell out and my hearing has been fine all this time. Everytime I go to the doctors they say "your ears are fine but your left ear has a lil more wax then your right but its fine" so when it came down to taking my test I failed in my left ear when the tones got deeper. So I was DQd. I was heart broken but at the same time I feel they did everything to help me pass..But the good news is they did recommend I get a waiver and my recruiter told me that getting a waiver for it should not be a problem I just have to be patient. So I'm not gonna give up bc I really want this. So what do you guys think, do you think I can get the waiver or am I just wasting time? I have faith in my recruiter, he haven let me down yet.
    "Life is not measures by the breaths you take, but by it's breathtaking moments"
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    30 Mar 2011 06:53 AM
    It's impossible to offer an opinion, there are too many X factors involved. It sounds like your recruiter has his stuff wound pretty tight, so have faith and be patient.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    30 Mar 2011 04:59 PM
    I am so sorry to hear this Bella...but if your recruiter feels confident in the waiver than I feel confident in the waiver...fingers crossed for you my friend!
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Bella0426

--
    02 Apr 2011 05:56 AM
    I sent him a long email stating my concerns and he told me if he didn't believe in me and believe that I wouldn't get the waiver then he would of said so. And the Meps people told me to get a waiver. So my recruiter sent all the paperwork needed for the waiver and he's gonna let me know in a couple of days if were going to the next step or not. I just really hope it all works out im keeping the faith
    "Life is not measures by the breaths you take, but by it's breathtaking moments"
    jek

--
    02 Apr 2011 08:49 AM
    I've got my fingers crossed for you Bella. Good luck!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    gdeyarmond

--
    03 Apr 2011 05:09 PM
    They didn't try and clean your ears? When I was there 2 guys didn't pass and they made them use some ear cleaning solution to see if it was only ear wax. 

I was surprised I passed the hearing....gross story here, but I was impressed....In HS for a soccer physical the DR did the standard "look in your ears with the pointy thing with a light on the end" test and when he did he was amazed at the amount of ear wax I had. He said, "oh my, hold on a second" and pulled out from his drawer what looked like a tiny baby spoon. He worked it into my ear and scooped out a ball of wax that was about the size of a small marble! Awesome to look at, but amazingly gross. 

Back to reality...... Good Luck!!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Bella0426

--
    04 Apr 2011 05:34 AM
    Well the doc that did the hearing told me to ask if he told clean it but I guess he didn't want to so I was sent home. I tired to see if I get some ear solution and clean the wax out if I can resubmit my paperwork to Meps but my recruiter didn't give me a clean answer besides wait for the waiver
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    04 Apr 2011 08:44 PM
    Well if you get the chance to go back, make sure those ears are squeaky clean...might even be worth a doctor’s visit to have them professionally cleaned!
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement