Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Hockey anyone? My first game!!
Last Post 23 Jul 2011 11:35 PM by lisaj. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
ltate

--
02 Apr 2011 05:08 PM
    I was just wondering if anyone else was a hockey fan.  I'm going to my first NHL game tomorrow and am pretty excited.  I've been watching games on tv for quite awhile but this is the first time I'll be there up close and personal.  And by the way, I live in Raleigh NC so GO CANES! : )  Can't wait to see them kick Buffalo's butt tomorrow.  I'm going with my youngest daughter.  She's 18 and has been going to games with my husband for a long time.  She loves it.  Plus....and she'd kill me if she knew I was saying this.....but she is a HUGE Jeff Skinner fan, as are about 90 percent of all the teenage girls in North America who like hockey. hehe  We went to all the NHL All Star festivities here in Raleigh awhile back and she made me stand in line for hours just to get his autograph.  I kinda felt sorry for him because he's so young.....just 18....and.....he kinda had that deer caught in the headlights look on his face while all of us were shuffling through the line to get him to sign our stuff.  Poor guy....alittle bit overwhelmed by all the attention but I'm sure he'll get used to it.  Anyway, while we were at the All-Star weekend, I caught a glimpse of Kris Letang.  He's kinda pretty. : )  So if the Canes don't make it into the play-offs, I'll be rootin' for Pittsburgh!!

Laurie
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    02 Apr 2011 06:01 PM
    Colin & his dad love, love, love hockey. I really like it, too but only when I'm with Colin. Watching his reaction to games is hysterical. I paid for center ice for years so Colin could watch all games and trust me, he did! The best part was he would change hockey jersey's depending upon which game he was watching. He has almost every team jersey. Have a blast at the game, live games are amazingly fun! I have gone to college games, AA games, pro games... I have never had a bad time, unless our team lost. LOL
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    jen899193

--
    02 Apr 2011 08:36 PM
    we have the fort wayne komets here.....hockey is a fun sport to watch if you are there. have fun laurie. how is the youngest doing?
    ~Jen~
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ltate

--
    04 Apr 2011 10:32 AM
    Hey Macie and Jen! The game was alot of fun. The Hurricanes lost in overtime, unfortunately, but Michal and I had a great time. She's alot more knowledgeable about who's who on the team, their stats and stuff than I am so it was good to have her there to instruct me. : ) Plus we don't get a girls night out very often so that was nice. And you're right....the live games are really amazing. Doesn't even compare to watching them on tv. One thing that struck me.....when you watch hockey on tv, it almost seems like everything is in slow motion compared to seeing them play live. You really can't get a full appreciation of just how fast paced the game is when you're sitting on the couch watching! We don't have Center Ice...it's available to us but we don't subscribe...but we do have Fox Sports Carolinas down here. At least we can watch most of the Canes games on that. Anyway, I'd definitely go again. Too bad the season is almost over with but there is always next year! My husband knows someone who gets a season pass to all the games every year and every now and then, season ticket holders are offered extra seats for some of the games at discount prices. They've been nice enough to offer those extra seats to us when they are available. Worked out great last night because the game ended up being a sell-out and we wouldn't have been able to go otherwise.

Jen, my youngest is doing great. She'll be graduating from high school in June and then it's off to college in the fall. At one point, we tried to get her to consider the CG....follow in Nikole and Danyell's footsteps....but she wasn't having any of that. : ) Nikole and Danyell are doing well, too....both enrolled at NC State University and working on their degrees. I have a little guy at home, too. Well, not so little anymore. He's 14. He's actually considering the military but who knows. By the time he's 18, I'm sure he will have changed his mind a million times! Hey, how's Britt doing? I hope all is well with you and your family and you, too, Macie!

Laurie
    Trusted Member
    jen899193

--
    04 Apr 2011 09:10 PM
    fast and exciting hockey is!!!

they grow so fast don't they? are both of the girls out of the uscg now? i thought just nikole (did i get the right one?) was out?

britt is well. she and mike got married last october. coast guard has finally co-located them in jacksonville. so as of february they have been practicing at being the perfect nuclear (hahaha) family.
    miss adeline rose will be a year old at the end of this month. i am certainly a bias grandmother.......but she is positively beautiful!!!! without a doubt she is britt's mini-me. i will try to get some recent pictures up on my private profile so i can show them off to my friends!!!
    ~Jen~
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ltate

--
    05 Apr 2011 05:29 PM
    Great to hear that Britt is doing well. I didn't realize she and Mike had gotten married! That's wonderful. Congrats to them. I'm sure your granddaughter is a real cutie and I bet you are so proud. Nikole and Britt are friends on facebook.....don't think they talk or anything....but Nikole mentioned the other day that she'd seen pictures of Adeline Rose. That's something for me to look forward to as well....Grandma Laurie has a nice ring to it. haha But it'll probably be a few years before that happens. The girls have no family plans just yet. Danyell was the one who got out early....she was honorably discharged after two years because she had a hard time adjusting. Nikole finished up her four years last spring and decided not to re-enlist. She loved being on the Polar Sea and doing her science thing but she was ready to come home. Now she's still doing her science thing.....majoring in earth science at NC State and just found out not long ago that she was awarded a paid internship for the summer. She'll be spending three months up in the mountains of North Carolina chasing critters. : ) She's looking forward to that.

Laurie
    cadetsuero

--
    06 Apr 2011 07:58 AM
    I love Hockey! its the best sport i think! im a Lightning fan
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ltate

--
    06 Apr 2011 01:32 PM
    I like the Lightning, too....except when they're beatin' the Canes. : ) We saw Steven Stamkos when he was up here for the All Star game. He did a meet and greet thing and we were going to stand in line so we could say hi and get his autograph but that was right about the same time Jeff Skinner was doing the same thing. And my daughter wasn't about to miss out on saying hi to Jeff. : ) I thought it was alittle odd when they brought hockey down here....just seemed alittle weird having hockey in the south....but it didn't take long for it to take off. And now it seems nearly everybody around here loves it. Almost every game out at the RBC Center is at least close to sold out, if not totally full. There was barely an empty seat in the house the other night at the Buffalo game. Anyway, I'd definitely go to another game. Probably have to wait until next season but I'll be there!

Laurie
    cadetsuero

--
    07 Apr 2011 07:42 AM
    Oh yeah!? I remember i went to the Carolina vs Lightning game here in tampa, lightning won but Canes put up a good match. Hockey is an amazing sport! But over here in tampa, the arena doesnt really get sold out like i wish it would. There arent many hockey fans down here i guess.

Romina
    lisaj

--
    23 Jul 2011 11:35 PM
    posted by Lisa C. Jackson

you got game?...
    http://sportsfansentertainment.blogspot.com
    Lisa Jackson uscoast@gmail.com
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement