Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
May 17, 2011
Last Post 16 May 2011 01:28 PM by cb1918. 29 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Relic

--
08 Apr 2011 03:23 AM

21 years old and shipping out of Chicago, IL. Anyone else from Chicago or other places joining me???

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    TheBigC1234

--
    11 Apr 2011 06:37 AM
    I DEP in tomorrow and my recruiter said most I'm outta here May 17th!!! I'm coming from Connecticut.
    It's Hammer Time!!
    Relic

--
    11 Apr 2011 11:22 PM
    Ahh, excellent I DEP in tomorrow as well so you will shipping out on the same date as me. Are you f'ing pumped?! Because I am I just wanna get there and get it done!!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    TheBigC1234

--
    12 Apr 2011 11:02 AM
    So I screwed up big time but seems like my amazing recruiter fixed it again. So I went to MEPS without my social security card and well got turned away. But I get to go again Thursday keeping my ship date. So I DEP in and sign contract Thursday.

This has been such a long and grueling process I just want to be in so i know it's for real. I'm glad to see someone else going same day as me, I am very excited and nervous.
    It's Hammer Time!!
    Relic

--
    13 Apr 2011 04:15 PM
    Hey, I feel you man. Its been a 9 month process to get here so I most CERTAINLY feel your pain. When you go to DEP in on Thursday, be formal but comfortable. Its a big day for you as on that day you are a part of the military. They remind you after you swear in that you are about to sign a contract that bounds you for however long your enlistment period is. This, my friend, is for real. You did it. After that, its sitting and waiting to go to basic. Enjoy your last month of civilian life bro!!! See you at TRACEN Cape May
    kiraterbecki

--
    13 Apr 2011 07:04 PM
    Hi,

I am leaving with you guys for the 17th! 23 yrs old from Woodbridge, NJ.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    TheBigC1234

--
    14 Apr 2011 01:21 AM
    Sweet welcome aboard. Just about a month left!!!!
    It's Hammer Time!!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    TheBigC1234

--
    25 Apr 2011 06:03 PM
    Just the three of us??? Really??
    It's Hammer Time!!
    kiraterbecki

--
    26 Apr 2011 10:47 PM
    For now I guess... how strange! Well I'm nervous and excited that its almost here!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    TheBigC1234

--
    27 Apr 2011 07:20 AM
    yea, three weeks away!!! still doesn't feel like it to me though.
    It's Hammer Time!!
    kiraterbecki

--
    27 Apr 2011 11:26 AM
    Yea not at all. Today is my last day at work which is the best part. What have you been doing to prepare?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    TheBigC1234

--
    27 Apr 2011 07:33 PM
    I've been working on PT close to requirements but not able just yet. I know all my required knowledge. 11 general orders, ranks, guardian ethos. My last day at work will be the 12th, shoulda taken more time off...oh well.
    It's Hammer Time!!
    kiraterbecki

--
    29 Apr 2011 09:37 AM
    Yea I gave myself time to study and work out. I feel like I'm slacking so the next 2 weeks are dedicated to that.
    cskistner

--
    05 May 2011 03:15 PM
    Good afternoon fellow DEPers.  I will be meeting up with you guys on the 17th.  I am leaving from San Diego.  I was supposed to go on the 26th of last month, but there was some sort of mix up.  I'm super excited and wish you all the best of luck.  We'll be going in as individuals but getting out as a team, that's what I'm talking about.
    Relic

--
    05 May 2011 10:19 PM
    Greetings my brotha!! Good to see a fellow May 17th-er, if you will Are you excited?? Because I, excuse my french, am s****ing my pants right now!! A little under two weeks now!!
    kiraterbecki

--
    05 May 2011 11:27 PM
    Welcome! I cannot believe its almost here! Ugh I still can't do my pushups :-(
    cskistner

--
    07 May 2011 01:51 AM
    I am pumped. It's been nearly a year wait and it is finally time. kiraterbecki, don't worry about the pushups, by the end you'll be able to do more than enough. One week to go until I get to MEPS to start the process. Hope everybody is ready to get yelled at and set straight. From then on out, it's the Coast Guard way, all the way.
    Relic

--
    07 May 2011 05:11 AM
    Damned straight!! I am so ready. If I can survive living 18 years with my mother, the cc's should be a walk in the park hahaha. I would much rather deal with them than her.
    cskistner

--
    07 May 2011 05:50 PM
    Where are you guys hoping to get stationed? I myself am hoping for the northwest somewhere (district 13), otherwise maybe district 11 or district 1. I just don't want to end up in San Diego, that's where I am at right now.
    kiraterbecki

--
    08 May 2011 12:10 AM
    I want east coast. just not the location 20 minutes from home. What are you looking to do with the coast guard?
    Relic

--
    08 May 2011 12:57 AM
    I'd would like to be D9 at a small boat station. That would be ideal for me. But, I knew full well when I signed up that I would have to go where they tell me so....to each his own.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    TheBigC1234

--
    10 May 2011 10:25 AM
    I must sadly say I will not be joining you on the 17th. My date has been pushed back to June 7th. We'll all be there together just ya'll will be a little bit ahead. Good luck!!
    It's Hammer Time!!
    kiraterbecki

--
    10 May 2011 11:47 AM
    What happened?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    TheBigC1234

--
    10 May 2011 08:22 PM
    sprained ankle not quite healed 100% yet.
    It's Hammer Time!!
    kiraterbecki

--
    11 May 2011 12:43 AM
    Oh man, good luck!
    cskistner

--
    11 May 2011 11:17 PM
    +1 TheBigC1234
    Sorry to hear about that. What a bummer. Get better soon and best of luck to you.
    Relic

--
    12 May 2011 12:55 AM
    Get well man, I'll be thinkin of you!!!
    cskistner

--
    13 May 2011 06:27 PM
    I hope you guys are enjoying your last weekend before the big day. Remember to stay out of trouble and try not to get stressed out or worried. See you all in a few days.
    Relic

--
    16 May 2011 11:46 AM
    Big day tomorrow. Get some gooooooooooooooooooooooood sleep!!! And have a big fancy dinner because its the last big fancy dinner you will get for a long time!!!!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    16 May 2011 01:28 PM
    Tomorrow, it all changes for you guys! Good luck everyone! Have fun 
    "It's classified"
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement