Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Sector Baltimore
Last Post 21 Nov 2011 04:56 PM by vintendo. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
frozenlookout

--
10 Apr 2011 06:05 PM
    While it's not official yet, it looks like I'm headed to Sector Baltimore as an OS3.  I'm excited to be going to a sector and back to an east coast city in general.  Anyone have any experience there?  Do single E-4's get BAH right away?  Or do we have to clear barracks or live in UPH?  Is the city itself a good time?  Since the Chesapeake has to be a complicated AOR, is it a difficult unit to break-in at?  Any and all information is appreciated, thanks. 
    GymRat

--
    07 May 2011 07:03 AM
    Don't have much info for you as I just got here at STA Annapolis, but I'm sure I'll be talkin' to you on the radio soon!
    Magnetik

--
    19 Oct 2011 08:07 PM
    I should be coming to Annapolis as a Reservist, but my back up is Baltimore. Any insight on either of those?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Landstander

--
    24 Oct 2011 08:21 PM
    Baltimore is not that great of a city... I live 30 minutes away and can't say I like. I used to live in DC so that may be a contributing factor to my hate. Ravens Fans, O's Fans and no one can drive... Really, the drivers are bad. But if you to the inner Harbor you will find something to do... Annapolis is the place to go for fun though, they have an old town setting and the docks are a good hang out - get a cigar, go to a bar and what not.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    VicNaz1

--
    07 Nov 2011 01:29 PM
    Baltimore is a good duty AOR. They have a very large variety of missions from ice breaking to ATON's to Nat. Security to recreational and commercial boating/shipping, etc., etc. The Chesapeake Bay is very interesting and although the City of Baltimore is still sort of recovering from a long slump going back to the late 80's it's come a very long way and it's got a lot to offer. Washington DC is within the Sector Baltimore AOR and strange and exciting things happen there from time to time. Being that close to a megalopolis means you shouldn't have trouble finding interesting things to do and places to go if you have gas money and can deal with the traffic. If you can, look into getting on a Familiarization Flight with the local Coast Guard Auxiliary aviation flotilla so you can get to know the AOR better. For that matter, get to know the local Aux. units if you get the chance. They're very active in the Bay and various rivers in the area.
    vintendo

--
    21 Nov 2011 04:56 PM
    I don't work for sector but I am attached to the CG Yard, which Sector is smack in the middle of. The base itself has a lot of coasties and has several different commands. Im almost 100% you will get bah it's a lot for this area. Stay away from living south of Baltimore in areas like Glen Burnie, Pasadena and Annapolis since these areas will take all of your money on rent. Look for places north of Baltimore like White Marsh, Towson, Perry Hall. It's 15-20 miles away but it is cheaper and a much nicer area to live in. You could also live downtown if thats what interests you, but its hit and miss like some of the other people said. I think this place is great because there really is a lot to do and it's close to other cities. If you are into sports the Ravens, and O's keep the town interesting as long as they aren't awful (the O's are always awful however). The rest of downtown has a good vibe to it, if you arent into everything being a chain restuarant or chain store. If that is your thing there are a few decent sized malls on each end of the area. Ft. Meade is close by too which offers a commisary, housing, and every other amenitiy you would come to expect from a large Army base. Annapolis offers similar amenities, but it is much smaller than Ft. Meade.
    Saving user accounts daily.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement