Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
2 Coast Guard experiences in Ft.Lauderdale and Miami this weekend
Last Post 14 Apr 2011 06:22 AM by CSAYank. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
CSAYank

--
13 Apr 2011 06:28 AM

Good morning everyone! Just thought I’d share 2 nice experiences with yaz.

Helo Flyover:

I had a nice boating weekend with my family and fiancé this weekend We hit up BeerCanIsland in Miami for 2 days.   On the way to beer can Island from Ft.Lauderdale, while underway,  heading south about a mile offshore, we  had a nice little flyover by a Dolphin helo. It was heading South also, only about 50 yards or so off the beach. I pointed it out to my fiance. As soon as I did that, he turned to port and started  heading our way. He flew right above us, very close. He then came off to our port side. I saw the airmen in the window and waved, he waved back, and he was on his way. That was a very cool experience. My parents and fiance loved it as well.

3 cool coasties:

We got to BeerCanIsland an hour later, anchored about 5 yards from the beach and hung out with the family and neighbors, then crashed on the boat for the night. We woke up in the morning, ate breakfast and proceeded to enjoy our island day around 1030 – 1100, 3 guys came paddling up in canoes and beached next to us. They were trying to start a grill, throwing a football around, etc. They overthrew the ball once, so I picked it up and tossed it back. As I tossed it back, I noticed one was wearing an underarmour shirt that looked like it said Coast Guard on it. I asked him, and indeed it did. I proceeded to converse with them for almost 2 hours, my step dad came over there and helped them start the grill. It was very cool, as were they. 3 OS’s from STA Miami Beach. My step-dad was an OS for 12 years in the Navy, so they had some stories to swap lol. It was very nice meeting and talking to them about the Guard and other things. They we’re extremely friendly, informative and pretty damn funny. They gave me a lot of  confidence and made me want boot camp to get here even quicker!!

Well, sorry for the book lol. I just wanted to briefly share a couple experiences I has this past weekend involving the Coast Guard. Have a nice day everyone> Semper Paratus

SamuraiX

--
    13 Apr 2011 06:49 AM
    That's cool dude. I live in Miami and I have met a couple of the Mia coasties. They are very cool.
    jgraff522

--
    13 Apr 2011 07:16 AM
    def cool stories...whenever i tell people im joining the coast guard they always know someone who knows someone who's in the coast guard and loves it! it gets me so excited. and i also love when people thank me for serving our country...that always makes me feel so proud!! ship date may 3!!!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    13 Apr 2011 11:36 AM
    Congrats!! I'm shipping out June 14th! We'll be there together but you'll be in a much later stage when I arrive lol. It's going to be a great career!
    jgraff522

--
    13 Apr 2011 01:06 PM
    yes and i hear we'll get reverted if we talk to anyone from other companies...so if i dont say hello youll know why!! lol
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    14 Apr 2011 06:22 AM
    Yes ma'am lol
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement