Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
XRAY-184
Last Post 14 Jun 2011 12:39 PM by hill9688. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
skmdesigner

--
14 Apr 2011 12:36 PM
    My daughter is in X-Ray-184 and is in boot camp - any other Moms out there?
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    15 Apr 2011 03:16 PM
    Welcome aboard. If you have any questions or just want to chit chat about things, feel free to post away. We are happy to help when we can and we are always up for a little fun chatting.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    skmdesigner

--
    16 Apr 2011 11:54 AM
    My daughter called me and all she could do was cry and tell me how stressed out she is! Very upsetting and I'm worried about her - wondering if she will make it through all right. I have been writing her often and giving her encouragement - she has always been so strong willed and very athletic - she rarely cries. If only I could see her and talk to her some more. This is tough.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    18 Apr 2011 07:34 AM
    It isn't easy. Boot camp is designed to be stressful. I'm sorry she is having a hard time but she will get past all of it. There are going to be a lot of stressful situations after boot camp and you won't be able to talk to her or sit with her... if she is underway, she will just have to manage. This is just gettig them ready for situations like that. She'll manage. Boot camp has been going on for a very long time, stressing out thousands and thousands have gone on to become amazingly successful sailors. Just keep the encouraging letters going to her and she will find her way.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    skmdesigner

--
    19 Apr 2011 10:09 PM
    Thanks for the advice
    Brob1990

--
    20 Apr 2011 07:08 AM
    my brother is in X-Ray 184 as well! We havent received any phone calls, and only one letter so far. I hope your daughter does well. Please let her know everyone is so proud of her! and the rest of x-ray 184
    hill9688

--
    10 May 2011 10:27 AM
    My daughter and neice are both in XRAY-184 also. My niece was crying every night up until recently. Last time my sister spoke to her she was laughing and in good spirits and is doing fine. She is still says it is rough but not as bad or she is getting use to it but still ready to get home and on to her first duty station. Hopefully your daughter is doing better now. She is going to Miami and my daughter is being stationed in Cortez, FL. Are you going to be able to go to the graduation?
    skmdesigner

--
    10 May 2011 10:49 AM
    Yes we are going to graduation - wouldn't miss it. Same with our daughter - she sounded good last Saturday so we are hopeful that things are getting better. She will be stationed in Depoe Bay Oregon - a long way from home in Deerfield Beach, Florida. At least it looks like a beautiful place and we will be able to visit her.

hill9688

--
    14 Jun 2011 12:39 PM
    To Skmdesigner;
    Sorry it has been a while. I just wanted to le you know we really enjoyed lunch with you and your family at graduation. Small world. April is staying busy in Miami and loving it. She has found an apartment about 10-15 minutes fomr the station and is moving in soon. Sarah is doing well and passed her certification last week and is now pulling watch. She found a condo about 6 miles from her station and waiting for it to become vacant to move in this month. She is also doing real well and both are liking the CG a lot. I hope all is well with your daughter and family.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement