Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
I need help/support please!
Last Post 02 May 2011 10:28 PM by SamuraiX. 18 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
CoastguardWifey

--
01 May 2011 01:38 PM
    I am in a relationship with a male who is in boot camp, he was suppose to graduate on the 6th, and I was suppose to travel to Canada to be there for his graduation on the 6th, I just found out on Saturday, that he did not pass his final swimming test, so he wont be graduating on that date, I am having a hard time dealing with this for two reasons I made arrangements for that date, there is no way I can come up for a graduation on a later date and also I do now know when I am going to see him. If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate this, I do not want this to destroy our relationship!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    disciplecore

--
    01 May 2011 01:46 PM
    I am Acive Duty uscg and my wife is currently in bootcamp, Believe me we have had to be apart but if you love him and he loves you it will all work out, Bootcamp is just 1 of many graduations you will get to go to, Believe me my wife couldnt make it to my graduation it wasnt too big of a deal it was worth the wait.He will experience far greater accomplishments in the future you can attend like A-school Advancements awards etc. Bootcamp is just step 1, Im sure he will understand, I did i bet all he wants to do is to graduate and leave, bootcamp in Canada? Is he in the canadian CG?
    "The only easy day was yesterday"
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    disciplecore

--
    01 May 2011 01:52 PM
    If you mistakenly put canada and was going to put cape may nj, then your husband will go threw remedial swim which will help him pass almost EVERYONE passes after that, i had buddies that i taught to swim in bootcamp during remedial swim. Was he going to graduate may or june 6th? Also write him letting him know you are there for him, dont be negative that is the last thing he needs ,tell him that you will try and be there for his future accomplishments etc. Just stay positive that is the most important thing, at least he is in the last process of the Coastguard one of the most rewarding jobs in the world, i know that MANY people try and get into the coastguard and Fail. He is blessed and so are you. This wont destroy your relationship Stay busy and positive.
    CoastguardWifey

--
    01 May 2011 01:52 PM
    Thanks for your reply to start off that is amazing that both you and your wife are both going to be in the coast guards i wish you two the best!
     I'm glad to know that there will be other events I will be able to attend, I also worried about when he is actually going to be able to graduate since he wasn't able to pass the final swimming test. He is in the US coast guards, I live in Canada so we are also in a long distance relationship.
    CoastguardWifey

--
    01 May 2011 01:56 PM
    Yes I ment to say travel from Canada sorry about that, he didn't know how to swim before hand so I know it was going to be very difficult for him, he was suppose to graduate on May 6th. I have been writing, and i will continue to do so, that is the only thing that is keeping me sane while he has been away.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    disciplecore

--
    01 May 2011 02:00 PM
    usually his graduation date is pushed about a week thats it. here is a helpfull website. what company was he? http://www.uscgbootcamp.com/go/doc/763/476815 If it was May 6th he was Victor 184, he might be pushed back 1 week to wiskey 184 which graduates may 13 here is the link for the graduation dates for all the company's. http://www.uscg.mil/hq/capemay/recr...ations.asp

V184 JAMES 06 MAY 2011
    W184 JAMES 13 MAY 2011
    X184 HEALY 20 MAY 2011
    Y184 HEALY 27 MAY 2011
    Z184 MUNRO 03 JUN 2011
    A185 HEALY 10 JUN 2011
    B185 JAMES 17 JUN 201
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    disciplecore

--
    01 May 2011 02:03 PM
    its only a matter of a few days! he should get on base liberty this week and able to call you then off base liberty, He could be pushed back further to x 184 grad may 20th Is there any way you could make may 20th because he could be pushed back a week or more. but you all are almost done!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    disciplecore

--
    01 May 2011 02:03 PM
    Also He will get about 5 days leave after bootcamp to visit you, where is he getting stationed?
    CoastguardWifey

--
    01 May 2011 02:10 PM
    Yes he was in Victor 184, thanks for the link, I will try to make it but I have booked off time for work and school to make it on May 6th plus I do not have the money to spend on another bus ticket, I did really want to be there for him though. Also he is stationed in Maine.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    disciplecore

--
    01 May 2011 02:15 PM
    Well if your in Eastern canada then that is a great station for him to get to see you. I dont know for sure but he might get different orders getting reverted. so dont make any plans for main Just yet.

Another way to possibly get in contact with him is email him this is the format

Firstname.Middle Initial.Last Name@uscg.mil

I emailed my wife etc during the final weeks and it was faster than snail mail.

so this is what it looks like

John.Q.Doe@uscg.mil
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    disciplecore

--
    01 May 2011 02:16 PM
    Also try and get refundable tickets and rooms when in a relationship with a military member always expect the unexpected.
    CoastguardWifey

--
    02 May 2011 12:13 AM
    Thanks for the tips! I didn't know we could e mail each other! I send him one hopefully he will get it...
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    02 May 2011 07:10 AM
    You aren't really allowed to email... he has an email and he gets that vry near the end of boot camp. It is to communicate with his unit & sponsor. You can email him at his military email after boot camp but that isn't truly supposed to be released until he gets out of boot camp. Also, those emails may or may not be monitored. Like any business today, the email doesn't belong to you, it belongs to your employer, in this case the federal government. Watch what you say just as you would watch what you say in a written letter to your recruit.

Don't worry that you have already sent an email.  Just keep them to a minimum and keep them professional.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    disciplecore

--
    02 May 2011 01:59 PM
    totally just like oldguard2 said  under your circumstances you should be fine. i knew of guys that emailed all the time in ptstop in boot and i emailed about 20 times lol and i was fine...
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    disciplecore

--
    02 May 2011 02:00 PM
    i would just let him know what we talked about and that you support him encourage him but keep it to a min and professional as oldguard2 said
    SamuraiX

--
    02 May 2011 03:01 PM
    I don't know your whole situation, however I know that if the bus company has any available seats on the day in question, they might be willing to swap the tickets for you. There's always somebody on call that wants that seat ya know. Just be friendly and polite. You might be just get it.
    ~Danny
    CoastguardWifey

--
    02 May 2011 09:20 PM
    Yes I sent a encouraging e mail to him, hopefully he will get it, sending e mails from Canada to the U.S. takes forever! I will update if he replies thanks 
    CoastguardWifey

--
    02 May 2011 09:22 PM
    Hmm that is a possibly that would be great instead of wasting money on new tickets, thanks
    SamuraiX

--
    02 May 2011 10:28 PM
    Always happy to help. Same thing happens when you miss a flight FYI. I missed my plane from Denver to Mia and they gave me a seat on the next available, no charge. That was with non-refundable tickets. So ya, like i said, explain, be polite and nice and you'll see how far you can get in life.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement